Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Battling Forum - Anyone Interested

First off let me appologize to dkates, because I got him off topic with his RP forum idea. So now I'm posting my own Fourm Idea.

A Pokemon Battling Forum:

3 Forums for people without Apprentice, kind of like a Chess-by-mail type of thing. This would be a great place to test your decks made in the Deck Help and Strategy Forum. The Forums could be Unlimited, Modified, and EX.

Unlimited and Modified would have the card restictions, or no restrictions if applied to Unlimited. And it could be a 3 or 6 prize 1-on-1 game.

The EX Forum would be a 2-on-2 battle format using only EX expansions.

I'd like to try out the battling once on this RTC Forum to see how the results would turn out, but I'd like to get the Moderators approval before we test it.

If I could have a volunteer, I'd be glad to test it if PokePop or one of the others says its OK.

I would love something like that! I hoped there may be a similar forum someday! I volunteer.

Last edited:
U can only have 50 pms so that doesn't work.

AIM you can't stop the battle. With this, you can pick it up at any time you wish.

Also, you can get opinions from others on what to change in your deck if it doesn't work the way you want it to. I mean, the Deck Help and Strategy forum is good, but the best way to understand what to fix is to battle with it. For those watching, it could give you strategy ideas for new decks or to defend against the competition.

I think it would be the perfect precursor to City Championships.

If this actually proved to work I would definately go for this. I don't have AIM or Apprentice. I'm not sure if this could go quick enough putting through so many replies but it could be worth a try. I would go Modified.

I'd go Unlimited, and I definitely support this, since Apprentice was a waste of 20 minutes downloading; it's impossible to figure it out. I don't have time to spend another 3 hours registering with another site to do battles, so this would be awesome. Plus, I never battle anything new around here.

Postdog2Gengar said:
Plus, I never battle anything new around here.
I agree, there are 3 people where I live, 2 of them never want to battle, the third only has one deck, and there's no league in my area. (at least not yet, Jim...)

Awesome. Well, it looks like I'm not gonna get an answer back from my post, and since it is a RANDOM Topic Center. Lets just do battle right now.

Here's the way it'll work. Since I'm the one who thought it up, I'll do the first battle so we can show everyone how this is intended to go. I'll be using my newest Modified deck. The challenger flips the coin, the challenged calls it, and the winner goes first. The flips are made by the respective players afterwards. On between turn flips for Special Conditions etc. etc., the person who's turn came last will flip.

When the setup is complete, Tell the vital stats of your Active and Benched Pokemon. Do this whenever you play a Pokemon to the Bench or Evolve one.

Tell what actions you are doing including drawing. Take your complete turn including attack damage calculation and KO prizes.

Most importantly, have fun. This will be a first for the PokeGym, so lets make it a good experience.

The next person that posts that they want to battle, I will accept, and will open a new Topic to start it.

Lets get it on guys.

Back