Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Bdif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curry

So this is something myself and Garret Farrington were working on and I figured that, because enough people know about it already, there is no reason to keep it a secret anymore. The idea pretty much just stemmed from us talking about random stuff and a little bit of reminiscing about last year (good times, good times). Without further ado, I give you Piggly Wiggly: The Potential Format Breaker.

Pokemon x22
Pachirisu GE x3
Tauros CG x1
Spoink CG x3
Grumpig CG x3
Remoraid MT x3
Octillery MT x3
Feebas d x1
Milotic d x1
Baltoy GE x2
Claydol GE x2

Trainers x22
Bebe x4
Roseanne's Research x3
Stevens x2
Wager x3
Castaway x1
Strength Charm x1
Lake Boundary x3
Night Maintenance x2
Warp Point x3

Energy x16
Scramble x3
DRE x3
Psychic x4
Water x6

Purpose

Pokemon

Pachirisu- Obviously it's your set-up card. Gets out your basics and also helps get rid of Cess if you really need it. The latter of these options is obviously not advised as I’m sure most of you know.

Tauros- This pretty little card is in here for its ability to get rid Crystal Beach if I don’t feel like playing a counter stadium or I don’t have one in my hand at the time. He also functions as a set up card if you happen to start with him.

Grumpig- Garrett and I wracked our brains for a while trying to come up with something that could beat Gallade and still have a chance against Mag and this was the best we could come up with. He’s a good cleaner. He has resistance to fire and water because of his “thick fat” poke-body and his type gives him the push vs Gallade. He forces your opponent to operate with a smaller bench which compensates for his now below average hp. All-in-all a decent card that has been overlooked.

Octillery- I don’t really know what to say about this thing. It was either him or Gyarados but he seemed the superior choice for his ability to discard special energies, do decent bench damage for a stage 1, and the fact that his basic has more than 30 hp.

Milotic- This is an underplayed support Pokemon (and as Bobby Malec calls it a “sexy eel”) that gives you the option of either checking out your opponents hand to decide if you want to use a wager or to recover from losing one that you play. The only downside and perhaps the reason that it isn’t played as much as it could be is because feebas is a (another Bobby quote) “stupid ugly fish” and only has 30 hp… =[

Claydol- DUH…

Trainers and energy

The trainers and energy seem to be pretty self explanatory so beyond what I’ve said have fun with it.

Thank you for shopping at Piggly Wiggly don’t worry about Food Lion or Publix or Winn-Dixie or whatever other Grocery store might concern you. WE ARE THE BEST.

IDK, i've never been a big fan of Octillery myself, as it never seemed to work right for me. But if you can get it to work, props man. I have bieleved since its release that Grumpig was a good card, and I love seeing it in use. Also consider playing it with Queen d/Meganium d/Cradily PK to speed up getting Pokemon.

But as far as THIS deck goes, it looks pretty solid, though Warp Point seems strange here. Octillery can hit the Pokemon on the bench, sometimes harder then when they're the active, so I'd recomend using switch. The 1-1 Castaway SC also seems useless. I'd say go 2 Plus Power, as with out a scott to search for Castaway, it does more really. Finally, why on EARTH do you play the delta feebas? Play the GE Feebas, as it can actually use a semi-useful atttack.

I give it a 7/10 before fixes and 7.7/10 after. 11/10 for being rogue and 10/10 for concept.

^He plays Lake Boundrary, so even if it was +20 it ammounts to the same thing really. They are double weak to the pig with LB out.

Grumpig only gets KO'd back by Gardevoir if you go and OHKO Gallade. However, trading 3 cards to 5 (Grumpig, Spoink, Scramble vs. Ralts, Candy, Gallade, DRE, Psychic/Fighting) is relatively good deal, but have you considered Mismagius? At least it can maybe hold on for an extra turn against GG, and with Lake Boundary, you should be able to OHKO anyway. Mismagius gets sniped from your bench against Maggy though, whereas Grumpig can take a Flame Buster without dropping.

And definitely play Feebas from GE. Only case you should ever play Feebas d is if you have Cloyster d in your deck, and even then you might want to consider the other option.

Psychic Lock disables Claydol and Milotic can't use sharing after it; OHKOs Grumpig if its active. So if they have a Gardevoir on the bench they can just about "revenge kill" whenever they need. Ie after a Grumpig does its attack for a heavy energy cost of three it just falls to psychic lock or anything that can do 80.

Playing three wager with the 4 evolution lines is a hinderance when Claydol is not out. Yeh, when Claydol is out AND can use its power then wager is ideal but otherwise it might turn out a little too slow and the opponent can outsetup/swarm.

I just don't think Grumpig is THAT good. Paying three energy cost and filling your bench either with supporters or Pachirisu takes a lot of resources for something so fragile. And that's if Magmortar DOESN'T drop a cessation crystal.

I reckon you should use Mismagus instead of Grumpig, Cause missmagus can do heaps of damage to gardelade or, magmortar. Which is pretty cool.

Cheers,
~ Pika

I've seen a deck like this before a while back, but it played Grumpig (CG), Swampert (CG), and Milotic d.

Ok so that was the list that we came up with like the day after states. Here's the real thing even though we gave up on it

4-4 octillery
3-3 pig
2-2 doll

1 castaway
2 charm
2 warp
4 mentor
2 roseanne
3 stevens
2 wager
2 night maintenance
4 bebe's
1 celio

3 multi
4 dre
3 scramble
5 water
1 psychic

Just because it gets one-shotted by Gardy doesn't make it terrible... Grumpig is a better card overall because of its body. What does mismagius do against magmortar?

Well, you have 2 lines here for that reason. Isn't Octillery supposed to be your Magmortar counter? (And BTW, Mismagius does a load of damage too if there's a Magmortar with 4+ energy). Mismagius can also counter Blissey pretty decently.

Not to be too critical , A player in my league made this deck early in the year with only the DP1 -CG cards it was pretty good I think

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back