Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Becoming a Pokemon TCG TO

kmclaughlin0726

Move this if not allowed here. But, My local Game shop owner asked me to run the Pokemon TCG tournaments and I have started the process to become official with Play! Pokemon. I want to do Leagues, and eventually be able to do Pre-Releases soon at my local shop. I was wondering how long does is take for a background check to get processed through Play! Pokemon. I made sure my SSN is on my background check as to not make it delay. I applied for a tournament organizer, but what more would I need to be a Premier Organizer to do more premier events such as a pre-release. I was wondering How long all this process takes, I want to know what to expect, from the process. Is there any chance of denial? I have a clean record, the only thing that might be on there is my less than perfect credit. But nothing with the law, not even a speeding ticket.

the background check can take a while (ie months) as they appear to have quite a backlog.
unfortunately they don't add new PTOs very often and PTOs are in charge of prerelease events, so if your store wants to run prereleases you need to get in contact with the PTO(s) for your area and see if they are available to run one there.

The good news for you is that you're in Illinois, which means that you're likely relatively close to one of the 3 best PTOs I've ever worked with. Camille Peltier-Robson works out of Rockford. Jimmy Ballard works out of Chicago. Vince Krekler works out of St. Louis and Springfield. All 3 would likely be willing to help out on Premier level events, if you can prove that you can nail the attendance numbers. Good luck!

Back