Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Beedrill DP4

Let Fire Fall

Beedrill L.41 – Grass – HP110
Stage 2 – Evolves from Kakuna

[G] Combined Assault: Does 30 damage x the number of Beedrill you have in play.
[C][C][C] Twineedle: Flip 2 coins. This attack does 50 damage x the number of heads.

Weakness: Fire (+30)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 0

I was looking through the translations of DP4 and I saw this. Easily swarmable for 1 energy and with the new Phione, it won't be hard to get multiple Beedrill in play. You can abuse Cessation Crystal and Crystal Beach at the same time.

Discuss.

You don't need 4 Beedrill. One energy for 60-90 is pretty good...

And I just made a possible list for it up real quick.

Pokemon: 15

4 Phione
4 Weedle
3 Kakuna
4 Beedrill

Trainers: 32

4 Rare Candy
3 Night Maitenence
2 Castaway
3 Cessation Crystal
1 Scott
3 Crystal Beach
2 Prof. Birch
1 Stevens Advice
3 TVR
2 Celios
4 Quick Ball
2 Greatball
2 Holon Mentor

Energy: 13

13 Grass

TST would probably be better than NM, but I don't have any so I just used NM. I also used Birch just because its so good against Absol type decks.

Yeah man, I remember making my thread about all the DP4 pokemon I liked, and this guy was one of them.

Phions, pachis, TSDs up the yang, a few NM and you can run this guy as a machine.

cessations, beaches, BFs, er2s. Yum!

Pokemon[16]
4 Weedle
3 Kakuna
4 Beedrill
2 Pachirisu
2 Phione
1 Minun/Plusle (if you use plusle you can probably drop the energy down to like 8 grass since you run castaway and roseannes)

Trainers[34]
4 Celio's
3 Rare Candy
3 TSD
2 Holon Mentor
2 Roseanne's
2 Great Ball
4 Quick Ball
2 Castaway
3 Cessation Crystal
1 Str Charm
3 Birch/Ccat
3 Steven's
2 Wager

Energy[10]
10 Grass

---
Something along those lines.

This seems like a stage two version of Kricturne but its a stage 2 and for one nrg. Navs/Dexs still would make this work quick also.

Ryan don't forget

Dawn Stadium
Stadium

Whenever either player attaches an Energy from his or her hand to 1 of his or her Grass-type Pokemon or Water-type Pokemon, that player removes 1 damage counter and all Special Conditions from that Pokemon.

You can put 1 Stadium into play next to your Active Pokemon during your turn. If a different Stadium is put into play, discard this card.

I misread this card.... Yeah, wow that's pretty amazing. And once you set up, it's real hard to knock down.

Last edited:
I thought of this deck too but the problem for me is the fact that my area is filled with fire types an I don't expect fire to die down with the next set comming out.

I think 4-3-4 st8 beedril would be better (with all kinds of balls and dex/nav). Since we need only 1 energy to start attack, so a fast beedril is pretty good.

The problem I'm seeing is the lack of swarm speed available. Kingdra Swarm can work thanks to Fearow, but Non-Deltas dont have that yet. As such, it seems too inconsistant for the time being.

I thought of this deck too but the problem for me is the fact that my area is filled with fire types an I don't expect fire to die down with the next set coming out.

wailord will be coming out, which may stop fire

EDIT: wow i just looked at phione; it's a t3 2 beedrills even w/o much luck

t1
start w/ phione and weedle
great ball for weedle #2, evolve 1 to kakuna w/ phione
t2
evolve to kakuna, evolve to beedrill w/ phione
t3
evolve to beedrill, retreat, attack

thus, it's a t3 60 for two grass (1 for phione, 1 for beedrill) + you might be lucky enough to pull off a third one w/ candy, giving t3 90

Last edited:
I think your main problem is that Infernape is still a really strong deck, as well as Magmortar/Typhlosion seeing play... There are just way to many strong fire types.

It's a solid card, but I don't see it doing much unless fire falls off the face of the earth.

OR you could go Speed Beedrill.
4-4-4 Beedrill
4 Quick Ball
4 Great Ball
4 Celios
4 Roseannes
4 Pokedex
2-4 PETM (ensures that T2 Beedrill even further)
4 Rare Candy
2-4 Wager
draw cards
8 Grass

Yeah, I like Phione as the better one,
BUT let's face it 90 or even 120 for 1 G is frickin amazing.
If a deck can't OHKO the Beedrill then you can retreat for free, attach and attack for a few more turns w/o losin a single one.

Back