Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Beedrill's Allergic Shock + Delta Plus/Overflow. Do you take 1 extra prize card?

Kraedi

Allergic shock: during your next turn, if the Defending Pokemon is damaged by an attack, it is Knocked Out.

Delta Plus/Over Flow: If your opponent's Pokemon is Knocked Out by damage from an attack of this Pokemon, take 1 more Prize card.

I'm wondering how Beedrill's allergic shock would react with a pokemon with the trait Delta Plus or ability Overflow. My interpretation is that the pokemon is knocked out by the effect of Beedrill's attack in conjunction with the damage of the Delta Plus pokemon's attack, but not by actual damage of the Delta Plus pokemon, and that you would not take an extra prize card. You'd still take the normal amount of prize cards, correct?

I did find a similar ruling
Allergic Shock (Beedrill - Primal Clash)

Q. If I use Beedrill's "Allergic Shock" attack, and then on the following turn I use an attack that does damage and the Defending Pokemon is KO'd, can the opponent add extra damage if they use an attack like "Revenge" or "Retaliate"?
A. If damage from your attack on the following turn is enough to KO the Pokemon, then the opponent would get to add extra damage for Revenge/Retaliate because their Pokemon was KO'd due to damage. But if there wasn't enough damage to KO the Pokemon and it gets KO'd due to the effect of Allergic Shock, then the opponent would NOT get to add extra damage for Revenge/Retaliate. (Feb 26, 2015 TPCi Rules Team)

This seems to suggest that the trait/ability would not trigger as the pokemon is not being knocked out by damage from an attack on your turn, as not even revenge/retaliate would work after Allergic Shock seals the deal.

I'm just curious on what the ruling is for this situation, if it does vary in any way. I like to understand every interaction between cards so that if the questions ever pop up again in some form I have a definitive answer.

Thank you for your help.

allergic shock is an effect that if triggered causes a KO, revenge as in your example is looking for a KO last turn caused by dam, checks for KOs are always the last step in a card phase, and in the example revenge only gets the boost if the damage was enough by itself to do the KO.

similarly delta plus triggers in the KO phase looking to see if the KO was by dam and if so give the extra prize, so just like revenge the delta poke would need to do enough dam for the KO for delta plus to trigger.

in other words allergic shock and delta plus don't combo very well compared to allergic shock/omega barrage

Back