Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Been Out Of The Loop, Need Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick15

Heh... uhm... I need a wee bit of help regarding a few things Pokémon, particularlly concerning POP ID numbers and the Professor Program. Case in points:

* I remember having to do the Grandfathering deal with the Professor Program, but I think I was one of the few who never got an email about it. How do I find out my information for that?

* How do I get a POP ID number? I can't seem to find it on the Organized Play page or anywhere else.

Uhmm... yeah. Thanks for any and all help here. :)

Nick15 said:
Heh... uhm... I need a wee bit of help regarding a few things Pokémon, particularlly concerning POP ID numbers and the Professor Program. Case in points:

* I remember having to do the Grandfathering deal with the Professor Program, but I think I was one of the few who never got an email about it. How do I find out my information for that?

* How do I get a POP ID number? I can't seem to find it on the Organized Play page or anywhere else.

Uhmm... yeah. Thanks for any and all help here. :)

To get your information on your professorship email POP at [email protected] but be aware they are out of the office until Jan 5th

POP ID #'s are assigned when a professor running a tournament gives you one. However, if your in the Professor Program you will be assigned one through that.

farbsman said:
POP ID #'s are assigned when a professor running a tournament gives you one. However, if your in the Professor Program you will be assigned one through that.

I was never given a POP ID # for being a professor, i was given a professor id #, which is quite different. So, the only way that i know of to get a pop id # is to get one from a TO.

Actaully, your Professor ID is your POP ID - there is no difference, except in the access that you're afforded as a Professor to the site.

TheCrossFormatKid said:
I was never given a POP ID # for being a professor, i was given a professor id #, which is quite different.

Actually, I have been told that your professor login can be used as your POP ID# even though it is only three digits... I can even print out an ID card which displays my name and POP ID (the prof. ID I have).

If your not a professor, TO, or league leader, the only way to obtain a POP ID is to take part in an official POP sanctioned event.

-marril

Well, the thing is, any ID from POP is a POP ID...

I was assigned an ID as a Professor, then another as a League Leader. Both were POP IDs. For weeks they both were active ID numbers, but at some point is seems POP "combined" the two into one - the LL ID survived as the definitive ID number. It is also the one I use when playing at sanctioned events (which, so far, has been only the Dragon Prerelease).

[edit]
It seems the first 999 IDs were three digits (well, 100 - 999 to be precise) - I have a bank if player IDs in the range of 970 - 990 which I obtained as a TO - as the numbers crossed the #1000 threshold, they went to four digits.
[/edit]

Last edited:
RainbowRichards said:
It seems the first 999 IDs were three digits (well, 100 - 999 to be precise) - I have a bank if player IDs in the range of 970 - 990 which I obtained as a TO - as the numbers crossed the #1000 threshold, they went to four digits.

The store owner up here in Barrie, Ontario, Canada has a 2 digit id #. Maybe those were reserved for store owners only, - who knows, but just thought I'd let you know.

RainbowRichards said:

Well Rainbow, I have the bank of 991-1010 assigned to me!

As far as the store thing goes, I think stores did get their numbers before us professors did, but I'm not too sure on that one.

That's what I meant about 100 - 999 being three-digit, meaning <100 are two digit (I'll bet that store owner's ID is between 10 and 99?), and <10 are 1-digit (most of which will have been used in testing).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back