Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Bellawesome: Coming to a Battle Road near you! (Slowly building an article!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuicidalPikachu

before i get corrected, i spelled below wrong on purpose, it's a play on words because this deck runs BELLOssom.

Pokemon: 19

4-3-3-2 Bellossom LA

2-2 Claydol GE

2 Chatot MD

1 Azelf LA

Energy: 15

5 Grass
4 Psychic
3 Call
3 Multi

Trainers: 26

4 RC
2 Pluspower
4 Bebe's
3 Roseanne's
2 Cynthia's
2 TM-TS1
3 NM
2 Warp Point
4 Buck's Training

Strat:

basically, you want a Bellossom/Vileplume swarm. Bellossom does for 1 grass 30 and remove 10 from each of your pokemon, and then for a grass and another energy, 40+20 for each bellossom/vileplume you have in play, and then flip a coin, if heads burn the defending pokemon. So bellossom is essentially doing 60 off the bat w/ the 2nd attack, and then if you have a 2nd bello/plume in play, 80. Vileplume has a power that when you attach a Grass energy from your hand to it, the defending pokemon is asleep, and if you attach a psychic, they're poisoned. Im not sure if attaching a multi will trigger both effects, but i will get a ruling as soon as the cards officially are released. Vileplume's attack is really nice too. for a psychic and 2 other energy you hit for 60 and flip a coin, if heads they cant use any trainers/supporters/stadiums during their next turn. ok, i use the Grass Gloom because it can do 20 auto sleep for 1 grass energy, and it has 1 less retreat cost at the cost of 10hp. i use the psychic oddish because it has 10 more hp, so it will live slightly longer.

POSSIBLE TECHS:

1-1 Starmie LA: Your Magmortar match-up isnt the best in the world, but with Starmie you are able to hit the flaming duck for 80 or 100 w/ 1 psychci energy. It also snipes claydols, which is an added bonus.

1-0-1 Metagross LA: You only really run this for it's power to do a pokemon reversal essentially every turn. it's kind of flippy and it burns your rare candies tho.

1-0-1 Gardevoir SW: We all know what this thing does, it isnt a bad tech, but it takes 3 energy to attack with that you should be putting on your Vileplume/Bellossom

1-1 Mightyena LA: This thing can turn the AMU match-up in your favor, all you have to do is attach that multi to mightyena and stall AMU out. be sure to switch out for something else to take the KO with or they will one-shot mightyena when they get the chance.

1-1 Mewtwo lvX: You use the MD mewtwo with this, and this is again for the AMU match-up, what it has over Mightyena is that it can KO the fairies without fear of getting one-shot, however, if the AMU list runs Mightyena, you will get locked down if you dont have the pocket warp point.
MATCH-UPS:

I am currently testing against/need Match-up results for the following Decks

Magnevire
Gliscor
Groudonk
AMU

Armaldo: 75-25: This deck just outspeeds Armaldo. even with 1 Bellossom, you get past his body from weakness, with 2 Bellossoms/Vileplumes all you need is a pluspower/bucks/poison drop to one-shot it. And it takes 3 energy to attack. Also, you can send a chatot out and armaldo can't one-shot it, which is pretty bad...

GG: 70-30: With the loss of DRE goes this deck's speed, you just have to prepare for the psychic lock and get past the initial gallade, not the hardest thing in the world.

Kingdra: 55-45: This match-up isnt nearly as auto-win as you may think. if they get out fast enough you will find that you will either be stalling them out to get set-up, or sending up fodder. Resistance is key to this match-up and is one of the reasons why it is slightly in your favor. It may be better than this, but if the kingdra player can get stuff out as quickly as the guy i play against, it isn't by any means an auto-win.

Empoleon: 65-35: This deck wrecks empoleon's world. You get set about a turn earlier than it unless you're really unlucky, and with Buck's/poison/pluspower, you can do a constant one-shot. The empoleon i played against was Empalkia, and even when they drag up your claydols if you set your energies correctly, you can easily bypass it. and remember to say "But never did you expect me to attack with CLAYDOL!!!"

Last edited:
I think Pokeradar may be replaceable since you're only running 2 and the deck isn't chock full of Pokemon (it plays a good amount but just not really enough to make that card reliably useful). 2 more Call energy could go in its place perhaps, or a 3rd Call and 4th Roseanne's. I figure that the more ways you have of getting Oddish into play (to evolve as Bellosom fuel, obviously), the better. If the Multi does end up triggering both effects (based on the "Energy card" wording, I'm thinking it would need an errata to work this way), I would up those to 4, cutting one of each of the basic energy probably. The ability to potentially Burn, Poison and put to sleep something while also dealing at least 80 straight damage would be pretty ridiculous.

Another tech consideration aside from the Mewtwo and its lv. X might be Swalot, since if you bring it out healthy late game it can easily be doing 80 for two. If somehow you got it out early game it could also get you some easy KOs. Or you may think about trying Starmie, for the sniping ability. Being able to do 60 to stage 2 fire stuff with a Multi would also be nice.

well, the prerelease was 2day, got all the cards for this thing, and have tested since. i took out Mewtwo as this thing is fast enough to outspeed fairies w/o need of mewtwo. ill upload the current list, i also am taking out Pokeradar, Chatot was removed, but i am trying to figure out a good 2-2 line for this deck as a secondary attacker. this deck is insane so far, since Bellossom dishes out alot of damage fast. 4 out of 5 playtested games have gotten bellossom on T2 at least, 2 of em get it T1.

EDITED THIS LIST INTO TOP LIST!!

Last edited:
ty, any suggestions for the 4 empty slots? this deck has the room for em without losing consistency. i had in there 4 Pokeradar/Energy Patch, but idk what to replace em with. Starmie is a suggestion, and sounds like it's a good one, so ill test that.

I prefer to have lots of basics in the deck so you don't have to mulligan all the time. Some ideas:

Deoxys (Normal and Speed)
Spiritomb
Chatot
Mewtwo Lv. X
Mightyena
Dusknoir
Gardevoir
Energy Switch

I would also try to find some room for TM TS1.

i am testing starmie and i like it alot, i dont have to waste a candy, and i can snipe off annoying things on the bench, Claydols, Sceptiles, etc.

i have 8 basics in the deck now, and it works fine, i mulligan maybe once a game if that. also, i am revisiting Pokeradar now that i have more pokemon than just Bellossom line and claydol. i can usually grab something with them when i use them, which is nice, last game i tested i grabbed a Bellossom and a vileplume with 1 radar.

when running 2-2 claydol i think 3-4 call is best, 2 radar may not be the play i would take those out for one of each TM, but thats just me. this is thenuge btw. and on a side note, i've been testing kingdra and it's incredable:thumb:

LOL NUGE. anyways, i've been getting set-up really fast w/ this deck. There's prolly a better play than starmie in here, but i've yet to find it. the radar really hasnt helped me that much, but i dont think adding more energy is the way to go. i've gotten to the point where im just throwing energy on things that dont need em to slim my hand for claydol. BTW u guys should come on Tuesday, i wanna test against kingdra. I've got 2 call and 3 roseanne's and i am never in need of basics.

I don't like Warp Point as much as I like Switch for this deck. I would imagine that you'll get a lot of situations where the defending pokemon has special conditions and you'll need to warp point to attack.

Dawn Stadium would work nicely here. Your opponent can use it, but I figure that you'll be doing the bulk of the damage on your turn anyway. Maybe take out the Poke'radar for two of them?

aight, as you saw, i didnt have much trouble getting my Evos out, and radar was next to useless, and this deck could use the countergym to KO ppl on the snowpoint sack.

The only problem with dawn stadium is that it also removes all special conditions from their active if they attach to it. It might be safer to go with lake boundary because it fulfills the position of a counter gym while also making it so you dont always have to have a high evo count on your field. Too bad 'Plume isn't psychic...

yea... but nothing is weak to grass that cant already be one-shot with 1 bellossom or 1 vileplume attack. another option would be speed stadium..

Seems like that only helps you're opponent too... There really aren't any good options until Miasma Valley comes out

Against mirror match-ups, play Dawn Stadium will heal your opponent's pokemon and you might never K.O. one of their pokemon until you get out viplume or bellossom. Though, you might not be K.O.'d either. Against ditto i think you have a 50-50 chance of winning.

lol ditto? it caps at 40+burn against this deck and i can retreat to an oddish after i hit it to KO it.

and the only reason dawn stadium is in here is for the counter-gym. and the rest of what you said i couldnt understand...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back