Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Best basics combo for a 4, 5 and can't read 6 year olds.

Last year my little girl played about 6 games with a full flame deck with magby in it. most of her fire cards got rotated out. I am trying to build her a new deck so she can play. not really looking for it to be anything special only something simple that she can grow and learn. P.S. her record is 1-5

she can do a straight blissey with just basic and boost energies
when she understand holon energies, add it in.

how about mantinespam

you basically run 4-4 mantine MT line with many stuff.

join the fuuuunnnn...

4 mantyke
4 mantine

4 dre
8 water

4 pluspower
4 strength charm
2 windstorm
4 castaway
4 dual balls
4 quick balls
4 holon mentor, will be replace with hannah researcher
4 wagers
2 copycat
4 tv reporter
4 night maintainence

i know i have too many draws :p

If she can understand evolving at all maybe a Kricket deck or Blissey. Otherwise, I would say let her pick her favorite basic card or two and just add trainers and energy. And if she likes cards like great ball and potion how about Budew? She may like the fun of an energy-less attack and could use it to get great ball, potion, energy search, and many other easy to understand Trainer cards.

Maybe:

1 Unown A
1 Unown B
3 Unown C
3 Unown D
2 Unown E
2 Unown I
1 Unown M
1 Unown T
3 Azelf
3 Uxie
3 Mesprit

4 Pluspower
4 Island Hermit
4 Potion
4 Great Ball
2 Speed Stadium
2 Strength Charm

14 Psychic Energy

Give her kric. Kricketune is fast and simple, and dont forget that it wins. Newbies need to win to have some kind of confidence or interest to keep playing.

The lake gods are an easy idea that have lots of synergy.

They all use bodies or powers, have simplistic attacks, are cheap and easy to get out, are cute, etc.

The lake gods are an easy idea that have lots of synergy.

They all use bodies or powers, have simplistic attacks, are cheap and easy to get out, are cute, etc.

Do you mean Azelf, Mespirit, and Uxie? That's a good idea. If she wanted a little extra you could add Chingling and then a Chimecho to learning evolution.

The less the kid has to remember the better. When building decks for my 5 year old son I do the following.

1. Find out what Pokemon he's excited about ... the more he likes the pokemon in the deck the more likely he is to really pick up on everything in the deck.

2. Stear him away from "complecated" pokemon. Anything that involves a lot of math to calcuate damage, situational power use, and such is likely to make things too hard for him.

Then I try to build a simple deck around that. I do mono energy if I can for him ... or one type of special energy at most. I try to keep the trainer lines simple ... either TVR or Bill's for draw but not both for instance. I also try to keep cards that require shuffling to a minimum since it's not always easy for him. If there is a trainer he really wants, my son likes TGW for instance, I'll put at least one in.

Some of the eaier pokemon to use IMHO right now are Lucario (without the level X), Empoleon, & Rampardos.

Slightly up on the complexity scale are Garchomp (energy management), Walerien (hard to remember 1 shot power), Magmortar, Lucario (with the level X & it's power), & Machamp (revenge can be confusing).

I personally think that the elf idea would be confusing for a non-reader. Those powers & attacks are a lot to remember. Lots if situational stuff, "if you have a & b then c" kinds of things that are easy if you can read but not so much if you can't.

Then I try to play a lot of games with him. I begin by using a starter deck that's pretty easy for him to beat so that he can gain some confidence in the deck & then we move on to more complecated challenges. The more he plays a deck the more likely it is that he will remember what each card does even if he can't read it.

Have u ever heard of " Teaching a person to fish is better than giving him a fish?"

IMO being able to read the text is SO important. That way, he can also come to gym and analyze the cards and find new combos. Of course, im not telling u to this the first time he/she plays a game. Maybe teach them after 5 games.

The kids are 4, 5, and 6! Reading is just a little above most kids of that age. They do however have amazing ability to remember things, especially with pictures involved.

Younger children tend to want more pokemon and less trainers (too many words), potion and switch are easy for them to understand and use so they are typically good to put into a deck for a small child to help get their feet wet in the game. The best draw card for a young child right now is Island Hermit, no shuffling, no deciding what to discard, and as a bonus they get to see their prizes too which will help them during the game. TVR is probably the 2nd best as there is no shuffling again. Prof. Cosmo's is another easy to understand draw card. Team Galactics Wager is a fun card if your kids like RPS, but it does involve shuffling.

Pokemon with straightforward attacks are best, so Lucario/Rampardos could be a simple beginners deck that shouldn't be to hard to grasp. The Mantine deck above is pretty decent, but little kids tend to forget they can't attack next turn. You could add Azurill, Marill, and Azumarill to the Mantine setup to have a more pokemon centered deck for a young player.

Once they get the general gist of what's going on Kricketune could be a good deck to learn on in a more competive way in tournaments as the concept of the deck is very straightforward. There are quite a few search cards and a lot of shuffling due to mulligans, so I wouldn't really suggest this for very young players.

kricketune is a very simple deck to play.
Also something like a carnive deck is simple and fun to play.
As darkwalker already said potions and switch and very easy to understand.

I like Kricketune with some easy search/draw cards like Great Ball, switch and Island Hermit. They are all really in a Krick deck.

the fairies are a hard deck to play, trust me.

an awsome deck would be;

4 carnivine
4 munchlax/heracross/dunsparce/manaphy(making energy a bit harder)

then run 4 cessation, 4 crystal beach, 4 pluspower, 4 er2 etc., disruption basically.

Back