Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Best Blissey variant

I like solo, but that is because you don't have to worry about setting up any other pokemon. You just focus on blissey and aim for the goal.

Remember folks, give a reason, and it won't be closed for being a poll.

Aggro Blissey
It has alot of power, it is next to impossible to stop, you dont have to worry about a backup pokemon
ect.

I prefer solo Blissey or Blissey/Sableye (Byebye), depending on which players I expect to show up at a tournament.
Adding even a 1-1 line of any other pokemon gives me problems with my current trainers.

Rainbowgym, how many sableye have to be in Blissey for it to be considered Byebye? Because I run 1 in my Blissey deck. Often time, I don't even attack with it. It's just a great companion for Blissey as a way to discard energy. I used it with Infernape for the same reasons. It'd probably go well with Blaziken/Typhlosion too for that same reason.

Rainbowgym, how many sableye have to be in Blissey for it to be considered Byebye? Because I run 1 in my Blissey deck. Often time, I don't even attack with it. It's just a great companion for Blissey as a way to discard energy. I used it with Infernape for the same reasons. It'd probably go well with Blaziken/Typhlosion too for that same reason.

It doesn't matter as long there is only Chansey/Blissey and at least 1 Sableye in it, it's a Byebye for me.
I had games I only used it to discard anything I didn't need/or nrg I needed in discard, but also games I used it to attack.
Because we had many mirror matches as test at home, some of us used 2 and we got "disable wars".
Finally we did run 4 different versions at home and some of our friends made also their versions based on our lists.

I turned over to Straight Blissey with Holon WP and water nrg in it, in case I had to deal with Arco who was running Byebye.
Both versions are good, it's more personal preference and expectation which made me decide to run 0,1 or 2 Sableye.

Aggro Bliss (The AMBULANCE!) was definitely my favorite for BRs. Fighting just can't do enough without ER2/Lake Boundary when you have FFs. It's the most consistent, too.

Ramen TRUK is the best variant for BRs at least, through testing and games.

Here's our premier tournament data so far:
Ramen TRUK [Blissey/Lucario]:
64-7

Pickup TRUK [Blissey/Delcatty]:
27-4

Moving TRUK[Blissvire]:
33-7

I've played Solo Blissey (with various techs) the most. I think that I like that the best.

Blisscatty is good but I felt like I was sacrificing the early speed of pure Blissey to get Delcatty set up on my bench. I probably didn't have the trainers right in my tests but I just didn't like it as much.

I like Lucario / Blissey in theory but simply haven't done proper testing with it.

Of all the variants I like BlissVire the least. I'll freely admit that my list was not the best, but it felt notably inferior to solo blissy in my testing. It dissapointed me quite a bit. I really like Vire X and had hoped that this combo would work for me.

Blisscatty is best by far IMO, the synergy is better than any other Blissey varient. Someone I know who used Blissvire said it worked well too, but Blisscatty worked much better. Straight Blissey dosen't make much sense to me when there are other cards that improve it, IMO.

Back