Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Best Card per Set List

Kyogre

<a href="http://pokegym.net/gallery/browseimages.p
Hey all,
So my friend is somewhat new to the game and wonders what set is the best to invest in for the best deck cards. So I took the time to list the good deck cards from each set. These are the cards that are mainly seen in archetypes and other good competitive decks. So my reason for posting this is that I need your opinion on the list, is it complete? Missing anything? Over-ratting a card? Tell me please. Thanks

Neo Genesis:
Feraligatr Lv. 69
Kingdra
Meganium Lv. 57
Pichu
Slowking
Metal Energy
Cleffa
Sneasel
Focus Band
Gold Berry
Professor Elm
Recycle Energy

Neo Discovery:
Espeon
Tyranitar
Beedrill
Tyrogue

Neo Revelations:
Entei
Crobat
Suicune
Magcargo
Parasect

Neo Destiny:
Dark Feraligatr
Dark Gengar
Lucky Stadium

E-Expedition:
Feraligatr
Meganium
Tyranitar
Venusaur
Bill’s Maintenance
Copycat
Professor Oak’s Research
Strength Charm

E-Aquapolis:
Espeon
Exeggutor
Jumpluff
Nidoking
Octillery
Scizor
Tyranitar
Juggler
Pokémon Fan Club
Seer
Town Volunteers

E-Skyridge:
Beedrill
Crobat
Ledian
Fisherman
Oracle

EX-Ruby and Sapphire:
Aggron
Blaziken
Delcatty
Gardevoir
Sceptile
Mewtwo ex

EX-Sandstorm:
Cacturn
Cradily
Omastar
Wobbuffet
Rare Candy
Aggron EX
Gardevoir EX
Wailord EX

At a glance it looks like you have always covered the basics of the most "popular" cards. However any one card has the potienial to be just as powerful as these, and only trainer himself can decide what rocks and what does not. As for getting for friend back in the game, be smart and always start new, start collecting at least Expedition if not EX: Ruby and Sapphire, this is mainly because of the Modified Format.

Well we play in an unlimited format so we have free choice over which sets to make the perfect deck. Also my friend started with Base set, getting the necessary trainers such as oak, CPU, ect. So now he wants to become a good player and have a good deck. I was just wondering if this seems like a good list of the good cards in each set.

I was mentioning the Modified format because of the chance of you and your friends attending any premiere events that are coming in the very near future. However if you really focused to unlimited, then start with Neo Genesis then (get Slowking, Cleffa, and Sneasel)

Back