Best G&G Tech:

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by Pinsir52, Mar 12, 2008.

1. Pinsir52

Pinsir52 New Member

There are probably a dozen or so threads out there about how do build/play Gallade/Gardevoir. But what i want to know is about the vast number of techs that can be fitted into this deck, and what the G&G players out there think is the best. The few I have tested are:

Sableye CG
    Unown G
    Claydol (really not a tech, but he's kinda been in and out of my deck)
    Dusknoir
    and so far Claydol and Dusknoir seem to be the best, but...

The few I'd like to no more about:

Dugtrio CG
    Gyrados

Also, what I'd like to know is if the deck can work well with multiple techs, or if it even has room for them. For example: would it be wise to play Dugtrio to counter Mag, as well as Dusknoir to counter decks that require large benches, like Hurricane?
    So, really, what I want to know is this:

"What is THE TECH for Gallade/Gardevoir decks?"

2. KAZUTO!!!

KAZUTO!!! New Member

I've really only played standard G&G list w/o techs, and Dusknoir tech. One thing I've found about Dusknoir is that it's pretty useful after your Gardy/lades have been KO'd , and your opponent only has 1 or 2 Prizes left. Scramble, hit for like 100. Fun. Won me a game or two in Provincials.

So, that's what I'd say is the best tech for G&G. I'm thinking about fitting in a 2-2 Claydol now, after many people thought it was a staple in every deck. So... my oppinion.

3. Ho Megas Alexandros

Ho Megas Alexandros New Member

I wouldn't use a tech in GG that used powers. I'd personally want to tech against Gardy Gallade, it's BDIF.
    Prove me wrong.

4. mrdraz07

mrdraz07 New Member

I wouldn't use a tech in GG that has a crappy basic. Like Gyarados, for example. Lone Magikarp is t3h f@il.

Therefore, the only thing I would want to "tech" in the deck is either Mew SW, Mew d *, or Mawile GE as a 2 of. This way you can Roseanne's or Celio's for your tech, and you don't have to use a Candy on it.

5. ~`Flygon`~

~`Flygon`~ New Member

how could u not say Blastoise d for mirror matches

6. ColdCoates90

ColdCoates90 Active Member

There isn't a "best tech". It all depends on your metagame. I definitely wouldn't play the same tech for California, Florida, and Illinois as all 3 of these metas differ.

7. meganium

meganium New Member

maybe after DP5 its best tech is mewtwo Lvx because the deck needs to get rid of those mesprit, azelf and uxie!!
    but now, claydol and furret are the best!!

8. vanderbilt_grad

vanderbilt_grad New Member

Weavile SW is still my favorite G&G tech. A number of counter decks or counter G&G tech in other decks rely on resistance ... for example Magnezone in Gatr ... to give G&G problems. Weavile takes care of that for you nicely. Also when you run special darkness energy with it Weavile can up the damage output of both Garde and Gallade. Psychic Lock doing 70+ damage per hit is really helpful vs big pokemon with 130 HP.

9. B_B_C

B_B_C New Member

I like dusknoir and claydol. I us a 1-1 of each in my GG.

10. TODDakaESTEBAN

TODDakaESTEBAN New Member

dusknoir is really insane but you need to play it right and often it's prized or you can't get a candy

i like weavile too, i used to play it when i used absol, and i've thought about playing it in my current list because all psychic threats are psychic weak except banette and mismagius, so you have a fair chance agaisnt them

i don't know if it will fit into my list but does anyone else think it can work?

11. The_Lurb

The_Lurb New Member

Well since I think these sort of fall under different categories:

The best Basic techs: Mawile GE and Palkia Lv.x and Cresselia lv.x

Stage 1's: Mismagius, Claydol, Gyarados and Muk SW

Stage 2's: Blastoise D, Dusknoir and Feraligatr MT

Last edited: Mar 13, 2008
  12. KakashiPikachu

KakashiPikachu New Member

Hmmmmmmmm? :smile:

13. vanderbilt_grad

vanderbilt_grad New Member

I tested the heck out of Weavile, Gyrados, and a few other things before this last States. Weavile far and away did the best for me. It was pretty easy to fit in also. What I couln't fit in was an Absol. I really wanted to have 1 for Darkness Energy abuse.

14. phoenixback4fire

phoenixback4fire New Member

Alakazam MT? he could stop other gg powers AND defend pretty well agents mirror

+ if you start with abra you can skip the rare candy process early game

15. KazamBolt

KazamBolt Active Member

I say that Blasty d is the best tech against weakness.

16. TODDakaESTEBAN

TODDakaESTEBAN New Member

battle frontier is too important for gg IMO

17. fragnito

fragnito New Member

at ga states, i teched a mismagius and it won me 3 games against: empoleon/nidoking, gardylade, and blissey

18. secretsof2113

secretsof2113 Moderator Trader Feedback Mod

Cressy X has been a lifesaver for my GG deck. Being able to level up and start moving damage around to pick off extra prizes is great.

19. mca3

mca3 New Member

I actually ran a 2-2 bannett line for Mirror matches, but now my Metagame is like 65% Mag! So I ran a 1-1 Dugtrio CG line, very Useful against BlazeMag, so...But that was just during my test plays with G&G, I dont run it in Tourneys, that was the best Tech in my opinion though!!!

Last edited: Mar 13, 2008
  20. metagross

metagross New Member

Hard to say, hard to say.

Dusknoir is really good, simply for the fact that if your opponent dont see it coming, they will have a lot of trouble recovering from Dark Palm.
    Blastoise d makes Banette a favorable matchup instead of a near auto-loss and helps immensely against mirror. I suggest running Lake Boundary when you play Blasty to capitalize on your advantage in mirror matches.
    Dugtrio is obviously good if your meta is full of magmortar.
    Claydol's extra cards are nice in the beginning, but I find them more or less useless when you are setup since Telepass pretty much covers your bases.

If you are expecting GG and Mortar in your area (who isnt) you might wanna test 1-0-1 Blasty AND 1-1 Dugtrio with 2 Lake Boundary and pray your TeCH for that match isnt prized.