Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Big Fire

sneaselsrevenge

I'm considering trying to bring back the 'Big Fire' deck, basing the deck around Magcargo EX. I wanted to see what evrybody thinks, and to see if there are any suggestions; like what to put in with it.

Big Fire is back... Its in the form of blaziken/eggy which has the same principles as before in typhlosion/Blains Rk9. If you mean bringing back fast fire its impossible without entei =(

MonkeyMan said:
Big Fire is back... Its in the form of blaziken/eggy which has the same principles as before in typhlosion/Blains Rk9. If you mean bringing back fast fire its impossible without entei =(

I was thinking of putting in Blaziken in the place of Entei. It wouldn't be as fast, but with Chansey EX as a staller...maybe???

I would think that the very idea that you're considering adding something to stall:confused: in your :fire: big fire :fire: deck should let you know that it's not really a viable option anymore. Sure, you could play Magcargo EX in a deck, and there are many ways to make it effective. However, it isn't going to replicate the speed of the old entei/cargo decks. In all my playing days, which are considerable, I've never seen anyone run anything to stall in a big fire deck, since they're all about speed: if you're looking for a titanic hit in the fifth or sixth round (thus requiring something to stall for awhile), there are better options out there than magcargo (with 80 hp) or Magcargo EX (which nets your opponent 2 prizes) - options that don't discard energy or aren't weak to the ultra-common water type. If you would like to run Magcargo EX, and are content with the knowledge that there's nothing in the current format which will net you the sheer speed of entei, then by all means, try some of these:

Harvest Bounty Venusaur
Sandstorm Elekid
The Aforementioned Blaziken
Holo Swampert (an interesting choice, since Magcargo EX discards basic energy to do its extra damage, rather than exclusively fire energy)
Energy Transing Sceptile (See Swampert for reasoning)
Oracle/Pokenav + Magcargo EX's first attack

Essentially, anything that allows you to attach energy more quickly to Magcargo will be your friend. However, you'll need to keep in mind that its speed cannot match that of the old entei/cargo decks. Recovery after your first big hit will be much more difficult, you will be vulnerable to the tune of two prizes every time you leave cargo up there, and your setup time will be significantly longer; I've lost to a number of entei/cargo decks over the years, in big tournaments and elsewhere, but never, ever did I lose to one that failed to set up by the first or second turn. If there wasn't a slugma and entei on the board at the end of my opponent's first turn, I felt pretty secure with my chances. By the same token, if my opponent is howling at the end of their first turn, and slugma is on the board, I'm nervous, no matter what I'm running. You won't have that speed, and there will be stuff out there faster than your cargo -ex...stuff that isn't -ex....stuff that is water...stuff that recovers better....

Good luck, though.

Cheers,

ah well. I got a few of 'em in my packs and wanted to make a deck with them. I guess I'll have to wait till I get the proper support.

I though the 'Big Fire' decks were just that... Big attacks that can take out a poke in a single hit. Hence RK9.

Magcargo was a speed deck that just happened to also be able to hit big when required.

So any fire deck that can do 100+ damage would qualify as big fire in the old days. The key feature was the ability to take down ANY pokemon in a single attack. with the fire pokemon having the biggest attacks. These Ninty EX's change all that and set a new minimum attack damage that none of the fire cards currently reach. Welcome to the world or not-so-big-fire.... moderate-fire.... average-fire.... warm-fire?

hmmm i guess big fire is pretty good right now, blaz/tales is a force to be reckoned, and it does not lose constantly to water as many would think. believe me, i battle this deck EVERY weekend, it is my metagame, and i have tried tooooooo many ways to counter it, it is hard, and add the fact that we here play to 4 prizes instead of 6, speed is the key to win a game, blaz/tales has got it.

You could make a Steam Deck! Like Dendro said, you could use Swampert as support! Mumbles and I have PLENTY of Swampert on hand! Think about it and get back to me l8er.
-Swampert

YOu have to be carefull when you face a Gardevoir EX/Swampert deck.
That's really hard to survive with magcargo EX.

I've seen a lot of Gardevoir EX combinations last weekend and most of them really hurt.

I've gotta say that since RayquazaEX came out and I put a couple in my Chicken/Eggs/Kitty deck, I absolutely have NO fear of water-only decks. Rayquaza is the "bomb" when it comes to making a BIG FIRE deck!

you play eggs AND rayquaza in the same deck! why

Yah, at first it sounds crazy. But, it works, believe me. I dropped an Eggs and one trainer. It sounds like a crazy mix, especially when you have to replace fire with 3-4 lightning card, but it works (at least for me).

Back