Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

HGSS-on Blastoise/Floatzel Sniper. Fixed cause im an idiot

Status
Not open for further replies.

GekiSilver

I've been working on this variation of a Blastoise/floatzel deck that has been pretty comfortable for me. I could use some opinions and advice before my first League on Saturday. So any food for thought about this deck?

Pokemon:
4 Squirtle
2 Wartortle
4 Blastoise
3 Buizel
3 Floatzel
3 Cleffa

19 Cards

T/S/S:
3 Juniper
2 Prof. Oak's New Theory
2 N
1 Cilan
2 random receiver
2 Prof Elm
3 Switch
3 Cheren
2 copycat
4 rare candy
2 pokemon communication
26 Cards

Energy:
11 Watery Energy
4 Double Colorless Energy

15 Cards

Deck total = 60

I feel like this is a pretty solid deck. The main strategy is to snipe with Hydro Launcher and replenish Blastoises energy with Floatzels Water Acceleration. I tested today against a mewbox and I had a hard time setting up. I cant get a hold of pokemon collectors right now. And if Blastoise was knocked out I didn’t have another attacker. I want to try out Kyogre EX, Kyurem EX, Tornadus, Terrakion + Rainbow energys
What do you folks think?

I think Terrakion/Rainbow and/or KyuremEX are your best bets, since they will mix up your weakness and give you other attacking options.

But before we get to that, we need to fiddle with your TSS a bit. I know you said you couldn't get pokemon collectors, but can you get Dual Balls, or even Level Balls? If you switch your pokemon search to Level Balls and Heavy Balls, you would be able to search out most everything you need. All pre-evolutions and Floatzel could be found with Level Ball, and all attackers could be found with Heavy Ball(Blastoise, Terrakion/KyuremEX).

Random Receiver works best when you have ALL of the same type of supporter in your deck(Draw, Search, Disrupt, ETC). When you have a bunch of Draw(Oaks, Juni, Copycat) mixed in with Search(Cilan, Elms), you may end up with the wrong tool for the job. I do kindof like Cilan in here, since you can put the energy in play right away, but I wonder if you couldn't accomplish a similar feat with another Draw supporter instead.

I'd make your TSS look more like this:
4 PONT
2 N
2 Copycat
2 Juniper
2 Random Receiver
4 Level ball
3 Heavy Ball
3 Candy
4 Junk Arm
2 Switch
1 Super Rod
29 TSS

You could also drop a Cleffa and a Water Energy to make room for the extra 2 TSS. Maybe drop a Wartortle or a Blastoise to add a Super Rod so you have some recovery options.

Now Kyurem would be an easy fit here, simply cut another Cleffa, or Water energy, or both to make room for 1-2.

Terrakion is a bit harder, since he would force you to change your energy line a lot. You'd have to play 4 Rainbows, and might consider dropping 1-2 DCE. The nice thing is Blastoise can move the Rainbows, but you want to leave room for as many basic water energy as you can to use floatzel effectively. Also, you dont want to be bouncing Rainbow energy back to your hand, unless your are trying to avoid it being discarded from a KO.

Thank you for the tips about Level and Heavy ball. I really like those! Im going to try out my new build this weekend at Battle Roads but I still need someone to look it over for me! Any takers?

Pokemon:
1 Darkrai EX
1 Tornadus EX
2 Kyurem EX
3 Squirtle
1 Wartortle
3 Blastoise
2 Buizel
2 Floatzel
1 Cleffa

16 Cards

T/S/S:
4 PONT
3 N
3 Juniper
2 Copycat
4 Level Ball
3 Heavy Ball
4 Rare Candy
2 PlusPower
2 Switch
27 Cards

Energy:
11 Watery Energy
2 Double Colorless Energy
4 Rainbow Energy

17 Cards

Deck total = 60

floatzel overall is easier to set up, I also prefer it. Also I'd take Tornadus EX out for Mewtwo EX since you yourself don't run any stadiums, it is easier overall for you and a better counter and power attacker.

Also since you don't seem to run junkarms have you considered running Sableye for Trainer recycling?

Okay so this is what I have been using at locals lately.

Pokemon:
Terrakion 2
Kyurem EX 1
Mewtwo EX 1
Cleffa 1
Squirtle 3
wartortle 2
Blastoise 3
Buizel 2
Floatzel 2

total 17

T/S/S:

Pokemon Collector 2
Juniper 4
PONT 3
N 4
Rare Candy 4
Level Ball 2
Heavy Ball 2
Switch 3
Super Rod 1
Random Receiver 2
Exp. Share 3

Total: 30

Energy:

Water 7
Rainbow 4
DCE 2

Total 13

I want to fit in a 2-1-2 of Trainer lock somehow. And i tested out shaymin EX and groundon EX and loved them both SO much but cant seem to find the room for them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back