Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

~Blazi-King~'s Dallas, Houston, and SA Gym Reports

~Blazi-King~

Hey all..I have here my 3 Gym challenge reports.
Some of it may be scketchy but thats becuz I didnt write down most of it.

Dallas Gym.

Well since I only live an hour and a half from JJK Cards where the Dallas Gym is being held there is much that happened on the way up. When I arrive though I discover that I am the only person here for about 20 mins till my dear Brother Fish arrives. We sit and talk about what we are going to play and he tells me " Play what I told you ", which was RAMBO, and I was like "ok I will". :thumb:

I ended up losing to Weldon in GBA by a thread. 4th place

Jumping to Main event
We had some computer problmes saturday. They lost all the players somehow and had to re-enter us all which was an hour and possibly could have effected the outcome of my games to come.

Round 1 Vs Chris D. [ Monarchy ]

I got an ideal set-up which was turn 3 everything. 2 blaze, Bex, catty, and aquas manny. I eneded up winning not much long after turn 3. I benched him.
1-0

Round 2 Vs Mia C. [ Meta-Muk ]

In this match up I didnt know what Mia was running and when she flipped over her grimer I was like "Oh great muk" but I got another great turn 3 start which turns out for the rest of the day except one game I would do. I had to blaze swarm thru 2 of her muks and a medicham by attaching nrg manually. WHEW GG
2-0

Round 3 Vs Jordan ( I believe ) [ Speed Draggy ]

He tells me that if he cant get draggy in play that he is going to concede. Well I go and get another sparce start and get my stuff. He goes and gets a electrode and another poke but noe dratini. I start my turn and he says that he has to go and he concedes to me. Wish ya could have stayed to finish Dude but GG anyways.
3-0

Round 4 Vs James [ Rock-Lock ]
Well like I said earlier another good turn 3 start and he doesnt get an Ideal start and I get the advantage by keeping his nrg off the feild. GG
4-0

Round 5 Vs Johnny K. [ Rock-Lock ]
Ok all around bad start for me. Sparce start with nothing I can do for a bit. I start to get a little bit set up but to no avail. GG
4-1

Round 6 Vs Rich A. [ Blaze ]
Blank. Except I know I won. GG
5-1

Ok I make the top 8 as the 5th seed and I have to face Weldon the 4th seed.

Top 8 Vs Weldon [ Dark Slowking ]

Match 1
Ok I manage to get a fairly decent setup but he manages to get me on the ropes by getting his slowkings powered and takes all 6 of his prizes to my 0. GG
5-2

Match 2
In this match I get a great start. all setup and powered turn 3 and I keep him at bay by ko'ing all his kings to where he cant get nrg on them and this time I go 6-0 in prizes. GG
6-2

Match 3
Whoa what an good game. I dont remember much of it thoug. I was tired nearly the whole day and it will show in my top 2 game later. We ended up getting down to our last prize each and all he need was a reversal flip to beat me. Bam ! he missed it and I ebd up winning by ko'ing something. Dont rememebr. VGG and GL to you in the future.
7-2

Top 4 Vs Jordan D. [ Spinning-Tail ]

Match 1
In this game I knew when I saw him lay down his spinning tail ttar and now mareeps I was like "oh great, he's gonna wait till I ko something and go to town'. So I thought to my self ill spread damage around with bex and then blaze sawrm which is exactly what I did. I put 100 on the 2 spinning tail ttars and then began my normal blaze sawrm to win game 1.GG
8-2

Match 2
Ok this is a very short start. He starts with pidgey attaches an nrg and passes. I start with torchis and put him to sleep. he wakes up and still nothing. he attaches another nrg and does 20. My turn I candy to bex attach an nrg and blaze kick for 50. GG
9-2

Turns out in his hand he had all nrg. OMG the worst hand Ive ever seen. So sorry dude. BLNT

Top 2 Vs Devin J. [ Rock-Lock ]

Match 1
I dont remember much in this game except for my fatal mistake. I was down to 2 prizes. Same for Devin. I had to bring up a new active pokemon and I didnt realize he had used all his Rocks ( exhaustion ) and didnt bring up my free retreating combusken. but instead brought up my A.Manny with a multi on it. he had a active pidgeot and I realized after the game was over that If I had ko'd his Pidgeot I would have won the game cuz he wouldnt have been able to get the cards needed to win. Did the extra hour hurt my chances of winning...anythings possible. VGG
9-3

Match 2
I dont remember at all. GG anyways.
9-4
Congratulations on your Trip Devin.

Houston Gym Challenge

Well its now timefor the H-town Gym Challenge. we wake up at the gawd aweful time of 3:30 so that we may get down to Houston in time. Nothing exciting happened on the way down except for that pesky dear that only I saw ( was I hallucinating? ) Anyways we arrive at the SHenandoah Municiple Complex and find Anthony gettin somethinf outta the car and we follow him inside. I play a few GBA games against Austin and beat him.

After about a hour they start the GBA tourney.

I claimed to everyone that I would be winning that big nice trophy they had waiting for me ( LoL ) and guess what....4 rounds later I was the Houston GBA Champ once again. ( The trophy was mine )

Main Tourney

Round 1 Vs Christian [ Blaze ]

I get a decent set-up and he gets a bad one having to sparces on the bech. In the progress of the game I ko his nrgless bex and then go after his pidgeotto which turns out both his pidgeots were prized LoL. GG
1-0

Round 2 Vs Susan [ Blaze/Ray ]

Ok this was a very close game. We both get set-ups very similar to each other except I eneded up getting bex and she had to manipulate her pokes to stay in the game. I ended up winning on time and didnt even realize thay we didnt have much time left lol.I had 2 prizes left and she had 3. VGG
2-0

Round 3 Vs James B. [ Gardy/Jumpluff ]
Ok this is how it went. Sparce start/no nrg. GG
2-1

Round 4 Vs Tina [ Draggy ] Oh wait re-prairings are up so its Roy Sr [ Vileplume-ex ]
Man this was a tight game. He gets his Vex kinda late though but thats ok I still enjoyed this game because I havent tested blaze aagainst a Vex before and provided valuable exp. I get up 2 blazes and start my swarm till I can get Bex out and going. VGG
3-1

Round 5 Vs Lee [ Draggy ]
Sparce start w/ no draws or search. GG
3-2

Round 6 Vs Savannah [ Vileplume-ex ]
Same as Round 4 basically. VGG
4-2

Top 8 looked like this :
1st: Jordan Dupuis [Whicker] (Rocklock)
2nd: Matthew S. [ShinAkuma] (Blaziken)
3rd: Susan C. (Blaziken)
4th: Christine [homeofmew] (Dragonite)
5th: Dana L. (Metagross/Slaking)
6th: Roy R. Jr. [ambious zero] (Rocklock w/ Magcargo)
7th: Lee W. [Turbo Blastoise] (Dragonite)
8th: Philip T. (Zapturndos)
--------------------------
9th: Clay C. [~Blazi-King~][ME] (Blaze)

Matthew Wins Tourney. Whicker 2nd.

I missed the cut by less than 2% OUCH. Oh well theres always SA.

San Antonio Gym Challenge

We wake up at 7 and get breakfast and leave at 720....We arrive in SA and are making our way to the event...but guess what we get lost....we took a wrong street and soon realized what we had done.....Oh well...We manage to get to the event with 4 minutes to spare.

I play in the GBA but have to play my brother..I beat him. I end up winning the tourney and concede to the top person becuz I wanted to give someone else a chance.

Main Tourney

Round 1 Vs Robby W. [ DragTorde ]
Bad start for me but my topdecking skillz and pure luck help me to turn this game around. I ko'd 3 pokemon that had all his Darkness and D/M on them and won easily from there. GG
1-0

Round 2 Vs ??? [ Blaze/Charizard-ex ]
I get my usual awesome 3rd turn set-up and won before he got his stage 2's in play. GG
2-0

Round 3 Vs Trent C. [ DarkHearts ]
I put his sprce to sleep the 1st turn which turns out to be a life saver. I eventually ko it to where he cant SARS and he takes 3 prizes with Sharpedo before I get enuff pokes to ko it for the game. GG
3-0

Round 4 Vs Jordan D. [ Rock-Lock ]
Put it this way. He gets a GOD hand from a CC during the game. GG
3-1

Round 5 Vs Roy Sr. [ Vileplume-ex ]
We both get good set-ups but he manages to get an advantage on me since I cant get my combuskens to start the blaze swarm till late game. I barely won this one. ( BTW Deoxys-ex attack saved me this game ) VGG
4-1

Round 6 Vs Roy Jr [ Rock-Lock ]
Dont remember much about this game except that I lost. GG
4-2

So heres how the Top 8 looked :
1st: Matt S. [ShinAkuma] (Ludicargo) (Dropped)
------------------------------------------------
2nd: Savannah M. [ScarletKitsune] (Vileplume)
3rd: Roy R. Jr. [AmbiousZero] (Rocklock w/ Magcargo)
4th: Heather L. [Headers_Squirtle] (Rocklock)
5th: Jordan Dupuis [Whicker] (Rocklock)
6th (tied %): Roy R. Sr. [old man] (Vileplume)
6th (tied %): Clay C. [Blazi-King][ME](Blaziken)
8th: Lee W. [Turbo Blastoise] (Dragonite)
9th: Trent C. (Dragonite)

Top 8 vs Jordan D. [ Rock-Lock ]

I got paired up with Jordan cuz me and Roy Sr were tied on %'s and decided that I was the 5th seed and not the 6th.

Match 1
We both get good setups this time unlike my bad one earlier. Though I wasnt able to get BEX out I wasnt able to do much damage very quickly. GG
4-3

Match 2
Ok this is a good game for me
Bex turn 3 thru normal evo's. and I win. GG
5-3

Match 3
I get some of my evos in play but he realizes hes go the game and I get Rock'd for 4 prizes and I end up scooping. GG
5-4
I get very upset after this game but I did shake his hand. Me and Jordan both have a very high level of competion against each other, but that will only make us better players and friends. Good Luck.

Roy Sr 1st. Wins Trip. ( Vileplume-ex ). Jordan 2nd ( Rock-Lock ).

Props :
MPB's "Rare Candy" cokies
My 2nd place showing in Dallas.
RAMBO still being good.
All my poke friends being at each event.

Slops:
The computer in Dallas.
Getting Lost in SA.
Exhuastion in top 2 at Dallas.

FUN READING & LATER FOLKS

Last edited:
Great report Clay. Don't feel bad about feeling upset for your loss in San Antonio. I totally understood. Good luck at Nationals and hopefully both of us can get into Worlds.

Whicker said:
Great report Clay. Don't feel bad about feeling upset for your loss in San Antonio. I totally understood. Good luck at Nationals and hopefully both of us can get into Worlds.

You are telling him not to feel bad cause you beat him^.^
I hope both of your get in the top 4 in Nats

~Blazi-King~

At "Nationals '05", play with a "chip" on your shoulder!!! Simply put, play aggressive and mean!!! :nonono: Take no prisoners!!! It is time to make your own luck and kick some but_. Everyone will have to pay for these short comings that you have gone through. I'll see you there. Just hope that I don't have to play you. :eek: Your ticket awaits you...take it . :thumb:

:pokeball: MP Birch :pokeball:

PS: This is the same advice that I have given to Whicker. Refuse To Lose!!!

~Blazi-King~ said:
Top 8 Vs Weldon [ Dark Slowking ]

Match 1
Ok I manage to get a fairly decent setup but he manages to get me on the ropes by getting his slowkings powered and takes all 6 of his prizes to my 0. GG
5-2

Match 2
In this match I get a great start. all setup and powered turn 3 and I keep him at bay by ko'ing all his kings to where he cant get nrg on them and this time I go 6-0 in prizes. GG
6-2

Match 3
Whoa what an good game. I dont remember much of it thoug. I was tired nearly the whole day and it will show in my top 2 game later. We ended up getting down to our last prize each and all he need was a reversal flip to beat me. Bam ! he missed it and I ebd up winning by ko'ing something. Dont rememebr. VGG and GL to you in the future.
7-2
thanks clay, that was some of the best playing of done in awhile......we had eachother on the ropes through out all of those matches....

luck has nothing to do with it. it was decided if i would win or not, not from the coin flip but from the better player...

i try to take that loss as gracefully as i can but....im still bummed lol

thanks again man, may we play again sometime in the future =D

<>< rokman

Last edited:
Top 8 looked like this :
4th: Dana L. (Metagross/Slaking)
5th: Christine [homeofmew] (Dragonite)

I was 5th? I wasn't paying any attention I go 5 wins/1 loss and
I GET 5th!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I beat A Zap deck- he drew no energy
I also beat Lee, Dratini vs dratini and I went first.
I also had a semi-god hand.

poor clay got 9th :(
but got that trophy in gameboy :O

Last edited:
homeofmew said:
Top 8 looked like this :
4th: Dana L. (Metagross/Slaking)
5th: Christine [homeofmew] (Dragonite)

actually I think I was 4th and Dana was 5th.. he beat me though >_<

Meh, that's my fault... he just copy/pasted what I had

Master Professor Birch gave you some really good advice. It's the same that Pokegym's Scizor gave me before I went to play at TX states, and I went 13-1 there :smile:

Refuse to lose, and don't get loose even against your friends. Remember that you have more to win there than me/Ryan/many others do, so:

-Stay Focused
-Think things through
-Play the best deck for the metagame and your tastes.

Do those three things, and I'm certain that the invite will soon be yours. n_n

Whicker said:

Thanks Jordan. Yea Its understandable. We were both in that situation and reacted like anyone would have....Its been an honor playing you on a consistant basis. Good Luck at Nats.

headers squirtle said:
Great reports clay! don't worry u will get ur trip at nationals! cya there!

Thanks for the vote of confidence Heather.

Master Professor Birch said:
~Blazi-King~

At "Nationals '05", play with a "chip" on your shoulder!!! Simply put, play aggressive and mean!!! :nonono: Take no prisoners!!! It is time to make your own luck and kick some but_. Everyone will have to pay for these short comings that you have gone through. I'll see you there. Just hope that I don't have to play you. :eek: Your ticket awaits you...take it . :thumb:

:pokeball: MP Birch :pokeball:

PS: This is the same advice that I have given to Whicker. Refuse To Lose!!!

Great Advise MPB,, I will certainly put it to use. Your a great example of a Master Professor passing down the experiance you have gained. :thumb:

Patriarch said:
Master Professor Birch gave you some really good advice. It's the same that Pokegym's Scizor gave me before I went to play at TX states, and I went 13-1 there

Refuse to lose, and don't get loose even against your friends. Remember that you have more to win there than me/Ryan/many others do, so:

-Stay Focused
-Think things through
-Play the best deck for the metagame and your tastes.

Do those three things, and I'm certain that the invite will soon be yours. n_n

I really appreciate that you guys are rooting for Me and Whicker....we definitely will do our absolute best to bring home tha bacon.

Thank Y'all Ver Much for the support :biggrin: .

Last edited:
well no matter wat he said it's up to the admins to take care of it and i am sure they will and btw whicker see u at nat's

Last edited:
Nicely done Clay, hope ya do good at Nationals. I hope a Texan takes home the Trophy in any of the Age Groups. :)

RAMBO! Awesome job, I hope you can take Nationals! Just play your 'Clay' Deck ;)
:thumb:

Last edited:
Back