Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Blaziken RSH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace28

Blaziken RSH 100HP (R)

Poké-Power: Firestarter: Once during your turn (before your attack), you may attach a R Energy card from your discard pile to 1 of your Benched Pokémon. This power can't be used if Blaziken is affected by a Special Condition.

[2R] Fire Stream (50) Discard a R Energy card attached to Blaziken. If you do, this attack does 10 damage to each of your opponent's Benched Pokémon. (Don't apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokémon.)
Weakness: Water
Retreat: CC

My question is do you need to discard a Fire Energy to use Fire Stream or is it optional. I ask this because a situation arose when I was playing jermy101 when I noticed the wording on the card. After it says "Discard a R Energy card attached to Blaziken." It says, "If you do...". Even though I am pretty sure its mandatory I just wanted to confirm it. Also would a Clefable without a Fire Energy be able to Metronome the attack? Thank you for your time.

~Ace28

Yeah, they answered this one a while back:
== FIRE STREAM (Blaziken - EX:Ruby/Sapphire)

Q. Do I *have* to discard a fire energy when using Blaziken's "Fire Stream" attack, or is it optional?
A. It does not say "you may discard...", so it is mandatory in this case. (Oct 23, 2003 PUI Rules Team)

Hope this helps,
- CHRISBO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back