Blaziken's Partner

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by BLiZzArD, Oct 20, 2003.

8 league13 468 60
  1. BLiZzArD

BLiZzArD New Member

Which is more Viable I have both so getting them isn't a problem but which do you think is better Exeggutor #12 Aquapolis or Ninetales #21/57 Expedition I will also be using Delcatty #5 Ruby/Saphire in the deck and the Blaziken line is 4-2-4 any help is this regard would be appricated
    thanx
    BLiZ

Last edited: Oct 20, 2003
  2. Baboon

Baboon New Member

Although Grass and Fire don't usually tend to fall together too well, I'm thinking Exeggutor here. Cycling Energy is not the easiest thing to pull off, but I'd sooner use Exeggutor in the fact it will allow you to discard Energy of your choosing. Ninetales makes you discard all your Fire, so unless you have non-Fire Energy in that deck, you'll have a little bit of a harder time.

Otherwise, I'd have to see a whole deck to tell.

3. Pablo

Pablo New Member

see, thats why i recommended playing one of every energy type in the deck, to abuse lady outing with delcatty, and to pay for ninetales energy cost. it is not good to do 90 damage to a 50 or 40 hp pokemon :s it is better to have various energy types to deal different amounts of damage as needed.

4. dkates

dkates New Member

A couple of weeks ago, I tried a deck based on Blaziken and Uncommon Delcatty. Probably not tournament worthy, but it did work. Blaziken makes that Delcatty playable, but it's still probably more effort than it's really worth.

5. Pidgeotto Trainer

Pidgeotto Trainer New Member

My experience in playing against just Blaziken/Delcatty is that it often can't do enough damage. You can only do 50 or load up a lot energy on a 70HP Delcatty. Exeggutor is needed to do enough damage to knock out the big pokemon of the format. Blaziken won't survive to hit Gard ex 3 times and you can't waste all your energy on Delcatty who can get ko'd pretty easily.

6. bkminnis

bkminnis New Member

Blaziken that kills!

Hey, cool colledge dude,,, if you want a rocking!, blaziken idea,,, i will show it to you on nov 8th. You got to see this one!