Blazing Leaves

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by Bigpoppabeatdown, Dec 9, 2003.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bigpoppabeatdown

Bigpoppabeatdown New Member

now i have had this deck for quite some time and i have come to love it, but at times it kinda stutters (usually against someone i should've slaughtered, but didn't)

so here it is

4 growlithe (SS)
    2 Arcanine (SS)
    1 Arcanine (SR)
    4 Jumpluff (AQ)
    3 Skiploom (AQ)
    3 Jumpluff (AQ)
    2 skitty
    2 delcatty
    1 torkoal (trust me, he works great)
    1 marill
    1 wobuffet
    -24-

12 fire
    4 rainbow
    2 multi
    -18-

2 juggler
    2 reporter
    2 research
    2 oracle
    1 net search
    1 fisherman
    3 warp
    3 moomoo
    1 high pressure
    1 Town Vol
    -18-

well the biggest point of the deck is to burn them while i can fluff all i want, the extra multi are in there in case of those dirty (yet fun fun) removal decks. it has worked just fine so far, but let me know what could be fixed

2. Ditto

Ditto Member

ok scotty, here's a quick fix:

4 growlithe (SS)
    2 Arcanine (SS)
    1 Arcanine (SR)
    4 Hoppip (AQ)
    2 Skiploom (AQ)
    4 Jumpluff (AQ)
    2 skitty
    2 delcatty
    1 torkoal (trust me, he works great)
    -22-

10 fire
    4 rainbow
    2 multi
    -16-

2 juggler
    2 reporter
    2 cat
    2 research
    2 oracle
    1 net search
    3 rare candy
    3 warp
    3 moomoo
    1 high pressure
    1 Town Vol
    -22-

ok, so to me, this deck seems like it should really focus on jumpluff (and i changed your first jumpluff to hoppip for ya ;) ) and not really so much on arcanine at all. IMHO, the only time you should use k-9 to attack is when you have nothing else left to do, otherwise rely on puff. this in mind i added another puff. the wabba and marril just seemed like they were taking up space so i took them out, heck, puff retreats for free, why need marril? and maybe it's just me but i just don't like wabba, sorry. i also took out a skip, but you'll notice i added rare candy. i mean this in the nicest way scotty but you have to be out of your mind to not play rare candy in this deck. hop, candy, puff, rainbow, bam! out of no where you suddenly have a ready to go puff, broken for this (or any other 1 engery attacking) deck. you'll see i left alone the k-9 and the torkoal, more or less just cause i didn't know what to do with them, lol. i really do like the burn wall at the begining, and i left the attacking k-9 in just in case you would need it, but try not to rely on it. torkoal i just left in cause you like it, IMHO, drop it, expessially if you're not gonna focus on k-9. for your sanity i didn't put in linoone, but don't say i didn't mention it (talk to chaddy, he thinks i'm god now for making him play them). anyway, that's more or less the pokes. i took out 2 fire cause you really don't need that much energy (heck, i don't think you really need much fire at all, i would almost take a 1/3 of it at least and make it grass just in case you have trouble with puff) when you're focusing on puff (who needs but 1). IMHO, still too high energy count, but eh, i'll let you decide. trainers, well, you need more draw. i don't know about the jugglers, but eh, i left them in, can't really hurt. added two cats as well, you just need more ways to refresh and it gives you variety vs. playing 4 research, >_<. i might change some more on the draw ratios, but at least you have more of it now. rare candys for as i mentioned. personally i'd like to change the moo moos to potions, but that's up to you. warp is great in this deck, almost want a 4th, but not bad enough to mess anything else up, maybe take out that stupid torkoal for it, ;P. other than that it looks pretty good. take what you want from my suggestions, hope they help. later scotty.

3. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

All fixes off of Ditto's version. It looks like it would run a little better.

I would suggest Dunsparce. He combos great with SS Growlithe line and Jumpluf. I mean think about it. Search your deck fo r up to 3 basics, and switch out for one of these 3. Growl/RK9 get to inflict their burn if attacked, Puff gets to dodge the attack. I would drop the Net search, and 1 other card and add 2.

As far as Torkoal, he can be usefull. Big HP basic, gets discarded erngy, and can burn. Seems to fit the deck well. After testing, see how much he really helps, then go from there.

Also consider dropping both Juggler. Add one card to 2 of the following: Oak, Cat, Reporter.

Put the Fisherman back in. The R lines, plus Catty, plus Reporter warrant at least 1 Fisherman in the deck.

4. meganium45

meganium45 Active Member

Man! Ditto and BigPoppaBeatdown in the same post!

All we need is Mega Murkrow and Psyduck to jump in and all of the old guard would be involved with this one!

Man, I knew someone would find a use for Torkoal!

M45

5. Bigpoppabeatdown

ok well after being lit up by two stupid combuskens (the bad one too) i have decided to make some changes to make some things flow a little better

so here is my new idea for the deck

4 hoppip
    2 skiploom
    4 jumpluff
    4 growlithe
    3 arcanine (2 ss/1sr)
    1 Torkoal (HE'LL never leave, so don't touch!!)
    2 skitty
    2 delcatty
    1 marill/dunsparce (i need anti-fire, but i usually lose when i have no basics remaining)
    -23-

10 fire (i might go to 6 fire/4 grass)
    4 rainbow
    2 multi
    -16-

3 tv reporter
    3 research
    2 oracle
    3 rare candy
    1 fisherman
    4 moo moo
    3 warp
    1 high pressure
    1 TV
    -21-

well i know that marill isn't a great fire breaker, but it makes them think when it has a multi on it already

well let me know what you think

6. Ditto

Ditto Member

hey, looks pretty nice. my philosophy in the metagame right now is that if you're gonna get beat by something, then there's really nothing you can do about it cause there's not anything good enough to use for tech. IMHO the marril is just wasting your space. you're just gonna have to rely on fluffing and maybe your k-9's can help you out, but other wise, there's really nothing good to just tech in. that's just my two cents, take it out and put in something else to make it run smoother so you can just be faster than the fire deck.

7. Shdwchu

Shdwchu New Member

maybe:
    - 2 Moomoo Milk
    +2 Mr. Briney's Compassion

it's not always expected so throwing down a Briney can mess someone up.

8. Bigpoppabeatdown

shdwchu,

one big problem with that......... I PLAY RARE CANDY!!!! i can't get those back, so it's kinda limited in this deck, so i'm not gonna mess with it

9. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

I would keep it as is with slight modification

-1 Growlithe
    + second Dunsparce

ALso consider -1 HPS, +1 Mirage Stadium. If ya gonna burn'em, try to make'em stay burned.

10. Bigpoppabeatdown

i was thinking that, but most of the pokemon that i burn don't retreat anyway.

warp point and switch are in too many decks, and with HPS, only delcatty line and the SK arcanine are forced to retreat for an nrg.

i like free retreat arcanine/growlithes

i am still kinda shakey on that whole dunsparce thing, but i might give it a try

11. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

trust me Sparce works great. Gets 3 basics, and then can switch back to the bench, probly for a Growlithe.....

12. Prime

Prime Content Developer<br>Blog Admin<br>Contest Host

I've found that jumpluff is just too weak to play. Sure it can attack for one energy. Sure it can have a baby power on it. But 30 damage max is just so weak that it doesn't hurt much. Sure you can swarm with it awesomely but when something is doing alot of damage, Jumpluff can survive a few turns with it baby power and it dies fast. Add in the fact that you HAVE to have rainbow energy in the deck to do 10 damage to you and you can't heal them either(because the 10 damage would go away). I just don't like jumpluff. I mean by the time you have a jumpluff up doing 30(second turn at max) your opponent could have a 70 HP pokemon out there waiting one turn more to kill you next turn.

13. Bigpoppabeatdown

well i have given it a shot with dunsparce, so i will let you know what will happen.

Prime--- trust me, with Gardevoir ex being so popular, jumpluff is great. besides, it CAN do 60, so with all of the new grass weak types out right now, jumpluff can do 60, or 120 to them on turn 2.

besides, i have been known to flip heads when i need it. to this day, this deck has only lost twice because someone took all 6 prizes........ it is because of my decking or lack of basics.........

so trust me, jumpluff has angered numerous people

along with that, this deck is designed to make people think twice before attacking (growlithe/arcanine's power, and if fluff works, their attack fails, and then i can attack with pluff/k9)

if you have doubts about it, ask Ditto/meganium45/psyduck/megamurkrow(actually, he wouldn't know yet)

believe me, this is a powerful deck if played right!

14. Bigpoppabeatdown

well even though i love my Get Low!!!! and my Do you have a flag???? decks, i truly enjoy playing my fun fun arkanine/jumpluff deck.

just a quick question for everyone

should i take the milks out for a different style of healing, preferably not nurse or compassion because of overloading supporters????

well that's all, and if anyone else has other ideas, feel free to reply

15. Shift

Shift New Member

Maybe a couple of Potions or Oran Berry's. Since there is not much more healing available. The Moo Moo's, when they do work, do great.

A Super Potion-like non-supporter trainer would be nice, if printed, but it won't, at least not to my knowledge.

16. Bigpoppabeatdown

yeah i guess that was a rather rhetorical question, i guess that i was just blindly hoping for some miracle healing card that doesn't exist, my bad

well is there any other suggestions to fix the deck?

17. Bigpoppabeatdown

hmmmmmm......... with some of the new and annoying decks out there, should i think about a boost or crystal shard to counter dragons?

18. Bigpoppabeatdown

well because i am a clownshoe, i forgot my kingdra deck at home for the cash tourney, even though i would've played this instead, noticing the trend of grass decks........

so i played this deck, going 3-2, and losing in the final eight, on an ungodly lucky flip by one of meganium45's kids (i needed 1 tails to win it)

well i realized something, i really could use something to hit haymaker style........... any suggestions???

i slaughtered a psychic deck by utilizing wobb in the second round (got a bye for the first round)

next i played colin (barely beating him by knockin out 2 muk EX's, both with arcanine, never with wobb, ironic huh?)

then i lost to pat's aggron EX deck............. I NEVER GOT SET UP!!!!

then i lost to meganium45's kid's scizor deck............... DON'T ASK DON'T ASK!!!!
    it was 2-1 prizes and his sneasel EX was burned, he flipped heads, so i attacked for 60, with 70 on arcy, and he flipped heads again!!!! hence me losing.......... but i could've/should've won, but once again i got screwed on set up.....

any suggestions on what to do, since i can't seem to get set up, and i don't have a powerful basic???

19. Prime

Prime Content Developer<br>Blog Admin<br>Contest Host

Don't do moo-moos. I can see you just needing to remove 20 damage off of a jumpluff with 30 damage on it, and flip two heads with moo-moo. Because it is manditory to flip 2 coins, even if you just want to remove 20 damage.

20. SlimeyGrimey

SlimeyGrimey New Member

Besides the fact that you could remove all damage when you don't wnat to with moomoo, you could also remove no damage when you need to most. Use......Potion I guess, or oran berry.

Also, it might be a good idea to switch out some fire for grass so you don't have to discard so much with arcy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.