Blazing Thunder (E-ON)

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by League Leader Terry, Oct 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. League Leader Terry

League Leader Terry New Member

While the EX-ON version was great, what I've come up with for EON doesn't seem to be working.

Pokemon (19)
    Fire (12)
    4 Torchic Promo
    3 Combusken 27
    1 Blaziken 3
    2 Blaziken 15
    2 Magmar Ex
    Electric (7)
    4 Pikachu Exp
    2 Raichu Exp
    1 Raichu Ex

Trainers (23)
    Supporters (10)
    3 Bill's Maintenance
    3 Fisherman
    2 Lanette's Net Search
    2 Town Volunteers
    Regular (13)
    2 Pokeball
    3 Pokenav
    3 Potion
    2 Rare Candy
    3 Switch

Energy (18)
    12 Fire
    6 Electric

Like I said, this deck needs help.

2. dkates

dkates New Member

On your Electric line, make it all Sandstorm. Instead of Bill's Maintenance, use Juggler. It works well with Holo Blaziken, which, BTW, you could use another of. I'm not too fond of Pokeball or Pokenav -- I think there are better Trainers for those slots. I'll let you figure out what.

3. League Leader Terry

Oh, I hadn't thought of Juggler. Yeah, that would be better than Bill's.

As for the Blaziken, I've only got 1 of that one anyway, but did you mean another of that one in place of the other or another one period?

As for the Trainers, I think I'll go with 4 Energy Search (biggest problem I had with this deck Wednesday was getting Energy) and a 3rd Rare Candy? Or do you think 3 Energy Search and 2 Wally's might be better?

Lastly, when you said go all Sandstorm for the Electrics, did you mean the Raichu's, too? That would put me at 5 Ex's. Wouldn't that be kind of risky?

4. dkates

dkates New Member

One of my E-on decks uses two of each. Firestarter is great to boost your Energy, and Flamethrower is an excellent cleaner attack. Plus, it combos with the other one.
    Either way works. I like the idea of a third Rare Candy, though, so I'd lean toward something like your first idea. Energy Search is a Trainer I personally never play, but it can be useful in the right deck. Was your problem getting Energy at all or getting the right type? If it was type, change the ratios.
    I did, but now that you bring it up, mixing the Raichus might not be a bad idea. At least go all-Sandstorm on the Pikachu, though -- for non-ex, evolving Basics, they pack a punch. If you're that worried about having too many ex's, you can probably afford to drop one Magmar ex. Although, since that does bring your Basics count down to 9, you do have a higher risk of Mulligan. Actually, though, I might consider going 1/1 with Magmar ex and Electabuzz ex.

5. League Leader Terry

OK, here's what I've got so far.

Pokemon (19)
    Fire (12)
    4 Torchic Promo
    3 Combusken 27
    1 Blaziken 3
    2 Blaziken 15
    2 Magmar Ex
    Electric (7)
    2 Pikachu Exp
    2 Pikachu SS
    2 Raichu Exp
    1 Raichu Ex

Trainers (23)
    Supporters (11)
    2 Copycat
    3 Fisherman
    2 Juggler
    2 Lanette's Net Search
    2 Town Volunteers
    Regular (12)
    4 Energy Search
    2 Rare Candy
    3 Potion
    3 Switch

Energy (18)
    12 Fire
    6 Electric

I'll take out the 2 Exp Pikachu for Sandstorm ones when I get more. Also, when I get another Rare Candy, I'll take out an Energy Search. Now, if I can get another of the Firestarter Blaziken, what would you suggest I take out for it?

6. dkates

dkates New Member

A Magmar ex or an Energy Search.

7. League Leader Terry

Pokemon (19)
    Fire (11)
    4 Torchic Promo
    2 Combusken 27
    2 Blaziken 3
    2 Blaziken 15
    1 Magmar Ex
    Electric (8)
    4 Pikachu SS
    2 Raichu Exp
    1 Raichu Ex
    1 Electabuzz Ex

Trainers (23)
    Supporters (11)
    3 Fisherman
    2 Juggler
    2 Lanette's Net Search
    2 Professor Elm's Training Method
    2 Town Volunteers
    Regular (12)
    3 Energy Search
    3 Potion
    2 Rare Candy
    3 Switch

Energy (18)
    12 Fire
    6 Electric

I do still intend on taking out an Energy Search for a 3rd Rare Candy when I get another one.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2003
  8. HYPER EEVEE

HYPER EEVEE Iron Chef - Master Emeritus

Why do you have 4 pikachu but only 2 raichu EX Take out a Pikachu

9. dkates

dkates New Member

Um, he has 2 Expedition Raichu and 1 Raichu ex. It's a 4-3 line, more specifically a 4-1/2 line.

10. HYPER EEVEE

HYPER EEVEE Iron Chef - Master Emeritus

:eek: Im soo sorry I read it wrong you might try axe the energy search

11. dkates

dkates New Member

Not bad. Check out my Blaziken deck (It's an unusual Blaziken/Delcatty, considering which Delcatty I'm using) and look at the Trainer engine of the decklist on page 2. See if it gives you any ideas. Granted, that Trainer engine isn't the best (I'm working on fixing it), but some of the cards there could be pretty helpful. (And while you're there, feel free to give suggestions ;) )

Last edited: Oct 8, 2003
  12. League Leader Terry

Slight update to the deck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.