Blissey/Exeggutor--you know you like it

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by Stegy, Nov 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stegy

Stegy New Member

Ah.. if only Exeggutor got to flip for each Energy attached to him instead of each Basic Energy, huh? ^_^

Blissey/Exeggutor for City Champs:

Pokemon: 18
    4x Exeggcute [MT]
    4x Exeggutor [MT]
    4x Chansey
    4x Blissey
    1x Skitty [PK]
    1x Delcatty ex

Energy: 16
    8x Grass Energy
    4x Boost Energy
    2x Holon Energy FF
    2x Fire Energy

Trainers: 26
    4x Team Galactic's Mars
    4x TV Reporter
    4x Pluspower
    3x Celio's Network
    3x Cessation Crystal
    2x Rare Candy
    2x Night Maintenance
    2x Copycat
    1x Buffer Piece
    1x Strength Charm

Deck Changes:
    -3 Windstorm
    +3 Cessation Crystal

Strategy: Basically you want to drop energy onto a benched Blissey via Exeggutor's Nutritional Support attack, and then once he gets KO'd you bring the Blissey active and /lol attack all day long. (Even when your game is done, keep attacking. You should have that much energy, plus it's funny.) If your opponent doesn't seem to get a strong set up, then blast away via Exeggutor's String Bomb attack and watch your opponent grimace in shame as 3-4 [DEL]weighted dice[/DEL] cheat-free dice keep showing even numbers after rolled. Ah, the eternal Bliss. (Get it? XD)

Buuuut I'm old and really have no idea what I'm doing. I plan to blindly play in a City Championship on the 25th even though I haven't played competitively since the Ruby/Sapphire Release where you got to use your 3-Pokemon GBA team as well as a Sealed Deck. I thought I'd pick the game back up again and see what's going on. Oh, and winning a trip to Hawaii to play in a TCG tournament doesn't sound like a bad idea at all.

Also, I noticed the lack of Warp Point in the list. Funny how you forget some things, eh? -_-

Last edited: Nov 10, 2007
  2. empoleonperson

empoleonperson Active Member

i would take all 3 windstorms out for 3 ceesation crystals to stop all poke powers and poke bodies as long as attached to the actve pokemon.

3. Stegy

Stegy New Member

Ah dang, I totally forgot about Cessation Crystal. I think that's a better choice than Windstorm. Thanks!

4. Black Mamba

Black Mamba New Member

Weavile SW might be better than Eggs, since it has the same support attack, except it's free, you get dark energies instead, and its power makes your active Pokemon a dark type, allowing it to take advantage of the 10 damage boost from special dark energies. The only downside is that you couldn't very effectively play cessation in it, which can be a problem sometimes.

I guess it's kind of rude of me to have my advice be to change half the structure of your deck, but meh. Eggs is a good card as well, just IMO can't be utilized as effectively. String Bomb is cool, I've worked with a deck with Eggs in it before. Maybe if you're luckier than me, this will work more effectively.

5. Stegy

Stegy New Member

I thought about Weavile as well, since giving Blissey +20/+30 damage each turn is pretty darn nice.

..although, I've been a fan of flipping in Modified for some reason. I played Jumpluff Swarm and Vileplume (the one with the Poke Power to flip and Poison) back in the day and that was a lot of fun. Nothing quite like having the outcome of a game decided on a coin flip! (Or a dice roll.. same thing. ^_^)

I'm going to test it out and see how it goes, though. Thanks! =D

6. L00p_H01eS

L00p_H01eS New Member

i think 2-2 eggs would be better....

7. Darkwalker

Darkwalker New Member

I've been playing a deck very close to this for a little while. The good part is Eggs is a good Blissey counter in itself and can win games on it's own. The bad part is even at 90 HP it's still hard to keep it in the active spot for more than 1-2 turns. Other than different trainers the only real difference was I used 3 Celebi (MT) as a starter in the place where you have Delcatty to help get energy on the board a little quicker. Late game you can use a Celebi to move your Grass energy around if you have a badly damaged Blissey you don't want to send up. You might want to play Castaway or Roseanne's to help find your Fire energy (I just played with Scramble instead of messing with Holon energy).
    I also noticed you should probably go with Cessation Crystal over Delcatty, since they don't mix well.

8. Stegy

Stegy New Member

Actually, I had Scramble in the list until I saw other Blissey variants using Holon Energy FF to counter "Mario" decks. (I'm assuming, or just Fighting decks in general.) I honestly have not playtested the deck at all, and haven't even played a game of Pokemon for years.

I was thinking about using Delcatty as a "lol wut?" factor late game. After I would lose 2-3 Blissey/Exeggutors, I would drop Skitty, Rare Candy into Delcatty ex, attach every, and Upstream for, like, 100 or.. something. I dunno. I'd get my energy back AND take a prize. =D I did not think about Cessation Crystal when I added Delcatty, but I'm not too focused on his Power (Or should I be?) but more-so on his Upstream attack.

And I definitely had thought about Celebii as my starter. GG for 30 isn't terrible, but getting a Grass Energy for free and being able to do 30 Damage to the Defending Pokemon and move all Energy is pretty nice. I'll definitely look into that. Oh, and 2-2 Eggs might work--I'll just have to do some playtesting before the 25th. XD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.