Blissey ... nearly solo

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by vanderbilt_grad, Sep 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vanderbilt_grad

vanderbilt_grad New Member

Pokemon (16)

4 Happiny
    4 Chansey
    4 Blissey

3 Chingling
    1 Chimecho

Energy (18)

6 Psychic
    3 Water
    3 Holon WP
    2 Cyclone Energy
    4 Boost

Trainers (11)

3 Pokedex -or- ER2 ... debating
    2 Night Maintance
    3 Warp Point
    3 Windstorm

Supporters (14)

3 Scott
    3 Holon Mentor
    3 Celio's
    3 TVR
    2 Prof. Rowan -or- TGW

Stadiums (1)

1 Drake's Stadium

Strat:

Start with Chingling & then possibly draw with Chimecho. Build and start attaching energy to a Blissey on the bench. Her power is optional. If you can use it then do so, but it's not really a problem to go without, either building skipping Happiny or in the face of Cess / BF. You get early basic energy in the discard via TVR or Mentor. Then you start brining up Bliss after Bliss and attacking. Scott over Castaway since there are no tools. Drake's is there mostly as a counterstadium since you can search for it specifically with Scott while Windstorm & such are more random.

Holon WP, Cyclone Energy, & Warp Point are the main disruption. With free retreat it's pretty easy to get rid of status conditions. You are also free to retreat, WP to get rid of active Cess & put your powered Bliss active again.

I've found Pokedex to be much better than expected in this deck. It really does speed things up significantly. ER2 is potentially more disruptive but the deck is noticeably slower without the Pokedex.

Note:

I haven't really seen a need for Delcatty in this deck. Sure the cat works ... heck, she's one of my favorite Pokemon ... however if you make room for a significant cat line then your deck becomes more dependant on her for speed and thus more susceptible to Cess, BF, and such. My preference is to try to build without her when possible at least early on in the season when I think that Cess and power disruption will be pretty popular.

2. Ikari

Ikari New Member

No energy acceleration? Ummm i think you can boost and get the energy from discard... but is risky...

In you debate: Use Pokedex, ER2 is %50 chance of working, Pokedex %100 :lol:

Also remove the Drake... other decks uses 2/3 Windstorm...

Heracross d can help you to grab the Discarded Boost (Letting it in your hand) or Ninetales d can attach a Special Energy (Other than Boost) it to a Benched Blissey... Scramble maybe?

I hope Blissey can works!!! :smile:

3. vanderbilt_grad

You can boost & get eneryg from the discard.

The 50/100 thing is exactly why I'm struggling with picking one.

Drake is mostly a counter-BF stadium in case I really need to use Blissey's power for some reason. I'm not really counting on it providing much protection.

I'm hopeful for Blissey too!

4. pichu bros. rox

pichu bros. rox New Member

You don't need Happiny... maybe down to 2. You also don't need Ching setup as you want a fast T2 50. I would suggest 2 Mr. Mime to help stall and get more Energy on Blissey... Just my 2 cents

5. doppelganger

doppelganger New Member

blissy with gardy pk, thats the way it goes.

6. Cyrus

Cyrus Iron Chef - Master Emeritus

Energy accel=irrelevant.

With that out of the way, here's my fix :p

Pokemon (12):

4 Happiny
    4 Chansey
    4 Blissey

Trainers (29):

4 Quick Ball
    4 Potion (Dark Steelix!)
    3 Castaway (so good in this deck. Maybe this is overkill, but give it a go :p)
    2 Celio's Network
    1 Time-Space Distortion (or Night Maintenance...the latter is actually better here, I imagine)
    3 Strength Charm
    3 Buffer Piece
    4 TV Reporter
    2 Holon Adventurer
    2 Copycat
    1 Holon Mentor (great to play right before a Quick Ball to up your odds...at least early game)

Energy (19):

4 Boost
    4 Holon Energy WP
    7 Water
    4 Psychic

Drake's Stadium is amazing with this deck, but a quantity of one is hardly worth it. I'd either play 0 or 4, and in this...eh, I'm choosing zero.

7. vanderbilt_grad

VERY interesting Cyrus. I had considered Potion in nearly all of my early deck musings but then didn't have room once I started tossing other stuff in. My thought was that Blissey would find it easier to get out & thus make use of than most other decks. That + Buffer is a very interesting take that I hadn't considered.

I had Quickball in one of my pure Bliss builds and it worked great ... but only with more than one Holon Mentor IMHO. Mentor is also a good way to get energy in the discard early. I find that it works well with Bliss & that's why I had 3.

2 Night Maintenance is a minimum requirement ... you simply can't surivive a long game with just one esp. if it's prized.

I'll have to give your suggestions some thought. Thanks!

doppelganger, I agree that any kind of energy accel is nice with Bliss ... but IMHO #1 it's not a requirement for her to be good & #2 running a stage 2 slows the deck down quite a bit. If I were going to run acceleration I would lean towards either Eggs or Raichu ... another fast stage 1.

Pichu Bros. Rox ... I agree that you could run with as few as 2 Happiny and do OK. However I've found it pretty comfortable running with 4. It's not uncommon for me to have 1 prized and while I don't have to build with the baby form it's nice to potentially be able to use the power more. I think that the minimum I would want to run would be 3.

8. Chromecatz

Chromecatz New Member

holon ff ftwinwin

9. shiftrymaster68

shiftrymaster68 New Member

It may sound odd (especially for a Blissey deck), but if you dropped the Happiny, you could abuse Cessation Crystal/Battle Frontier. It doesn't seem like you feel you need the Happiny that much, especially with you being able to slow setup with Cess./BF.

10. vanderbilt_grad

I think that it's going to depend on the meta. If it's full of Mario, Lucario variants, Meganium d, and Rampardos ... then yeah Holon FF. WP on the other hand is GREAT with warp point and against things like Gengar, Dragonite ex d, and more.

I had idly though about putting a Cess or two in there ... again nice with Holon WP & warp point ... but I hadn't considered a full strat of that.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.