Blissey+RK9=???

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by Dante63s, Nov 28, 2007.

8 league13 468 60
  1. Dante63s

Dante63s New Member

How do you think Arcanine+Blissey will work?

Ideas will be great!

2. mrdraz07

mrdraz07 New Member

Not well. Lone Growlithe starts are bad, so to reduce that you would only want to run 2-2 Arcanine. And because of that, you probably won't get an Arcanine when you need to save your Blissey. If Arcanine didn't self-damage with his attack, it would probably be better.

3. Mew*

Mew* Active Member

I don't even consider RK9 to be a good card. After attacking just once, its HP goes down to 40, and this is assuming that he had none on him before attacking! A 40 HP Stage 1 with four energy invested in it that really relies on a Poke-Power just isn't good. There are much better combos out there.

EDIT: Oops! The HP goes down to 60, never checked the card! But even at 60 HP, that is horrible! By the time you have an RK9 setup, your opponent will EASIlY be able to pull of 60 damage!

Last edited: Nov 30, 2007
  4. Lordofflareons

Lordofflareons New Member

maybe as a 1-1 with a minun and sabeleye tech?

5. Darkwalker

Darkwalker New Member

Actually, it's Hp goes to 60 after an attack.

My son won his first City Championship with a Blissey Arcanaine deck I built for him last Sunday. He had a 3-3 Arcanine to give you a slight edge in getting the Chansey over the Growlithe. The key to making the combo work is switch cards, and things to help keep your Arcanine alive for more than one hit (Buffer Piece helps a lot). Once you get set up (as early as turn 3) you can cycle Arcanines one after another with the same energy, while you start building Blissey back up. Super Scoop Up, Night Maintenece, and Time Space Distortion all help keep your opponent on the ropes by reusing Arcanines over and over. Plus Power/Strength Charm let you hit the all important 130 HP platform that most of the best Stage 2 Pokes have.

Simply put, Arcanine does what Blissey has a problem with, that is quickly doing a ton of damage in one big hit. You have to also be in the mindset that Arcanine will be KO'd back, but you have to make the tradeoff hurt your opponent more than it does you. Also, if Arcanine ever gets to attack twice in a row, chances are you just got 2 prizes for the one you lose. Losing the 4 energy on Arcanine sounds harsh, but Blissey feeds off of those, so that's a wash since you want energy in your discard anyways.

6. SLOW DECK

SLOW DECK New Member

RK9 is a good play with Blissey, "best play", not sure.

7. ~`Flygon`~

~`Flygon`~ New Member

Its an ok play. I mean 120 is gonna OHKo mostly anything since the deck is gonna play Pluspowers and Charms. Buffers give RK9 80 HP which wouldnt be bad if u play potions and such.

Its a even trade off since it would be like playing a better version of Blissivire.

8. Ardoptres

Ardoptres New Member

Better version than Blissvire?? Lol at that.
    You can draw cards with the Elekid DP+Electabuzz DF combo to keep you going, and then there's the fact that Electivire can choose to do 60 also, AND it has the great LV. X.

9. Prime

Prime Content Developer<br>Blog Admin<br>Contest Host

I tested it a while back and I didn't like it at all. If Arcanine attacks at all, he only has 60HP left. Move all of your energy on him and he'll get KO'd. Growlithe is a great start (compared to Chancey), but Arcanine just doesn't come in use when you have a great Pokemon like Blissey up front attacking.

Try it, test it, and toss it.

10. vanderbilt_grad

vanderbilt_grad New Member

I like the 1-1 RK9 tech. I'm not sold on the 3-3 combo deck.

11. Darkwalker

Darkwalker New Member

The reason to play more than just a 1-1 is to hopefully use an Arcanine to replace the now damaged Arcanine you just used for another 120 and a new pokemon at 60 HP. If you're lucky you can then hit a Super Scoop Up on the Arcanine on your bench, drop the Growlithe and drop the Arcanine again for another 120 next turn. If you can keep an Arcanine alive for more than 1 attack you basically win. Even if you do happen to lose the Arcanine to a counter attack, Night Maintenence or TSD it back while Blissey soaks up the energy discarded and takes a couple hits. If done right, you will win the war of attrition since you will get your energy back with Blissey.

12. fchangus2

fchangus2 New Member

do u play it with DREs to cycle the K9 faster?

13. Darkwalker

Darkwalker New Member

Getting 4 energy onto Blissey is incredibly simple, so DRE isn't really needed. The -10 damage effect can also cause some problems. But, on the other hand, if you start with Growlithe DRE can help you power an Arcanine by turn 3 manually. If you do get a Gowlithe start, just use it as a disrupter and let it get KO'd while you take a turn or two to set up Blissey. Having 1-2 energy in the discard pile without tossing them to TVR or Holon Mentor can work to your advantage. If they don't damage the Growlithe (Castform, Absol, etc) then just retreat it turn 3 and bring Blissey up, Super Scoop it up, or use a Warp Point to get it on your bench. I don't currently use DRE, but I can see putting 2 or more in, since it doesn't hurt (or help) Blissey.

14. L00p_H01eS

L00p_H01eS New Member

DRE does hurt blissey.. since its special energy u cant get it attached by other happy chance if in the discard.

if DRE does the same thing as a basic energ card on blissey mind as well use basic energy card