Blissey

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by darth_vader, Nov 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darth_vader

darth_vader New Member

Hello, I am relatively new so it would be great if you can help me fix this deck.

Pokemon: (6)
    4x Chansey
    2x Blissey

Trainers: (21)
    4x Bebe's Search
    4x Master Ball
    4x Prof. Cozmo's Discovery
    4x TV Reporter
    3x Strength Charm
    2x Warp Point

Energy: (23)
    4x Boost Energy
    4x Warp Energy
    2x Cyclone Energy
    23x Fighting Energy (I happen to have a lot of these)

Strategy:
    Basically, I get out the Blissey as soon as I can (T2) and try to defeat my opponent's Pokemon b4 they evolve.

Right now, I have too few Pokemon. However, since I am quite new, I don't have much access to the rarer cards such as Lucario X or Infernape X. What I do have access to are the Starter packs, so if any of the new ones are any good, please let me know. I can also add in commons and uncommons and a few rares (if necessary).

Last edited: Nov 24, 2007
  2. Blaziken 1111

Blaziken 1111 Active Member

Fixed the Pokemon and energy and you now have room for 36 more trainers.

3. darth_vader

darth_vader New Member

Thanks. Would it be beneficial to add any more Pokemon or is it ok to run with just Blisseys and Chanseys?

Also, can I lose due to too many mulligans?

4. Mew*

Mew* Active Member

It is OK to run just Blissey as your attacker. That means you have a T2 deck. And that is actually a very popular an successful build! There are SEVERAL different ways to play Blissey! I play mine with Weavile, some go with Delcatty, others Lucario, Electivire, and even Absol! Those are the more playable versions. There are a lot of newer players that don't know what they are doing and just make up stuff with minimal synergy. Those builds will work a little bit, but not as well as a carefully thought out strategy and plan will. Each build has its own unique strategy. Speaking of deck strategies, you must edit your initial post to include a clear strategy or this thread will end up getting locked by a moderator. That is one of this forums rules. Good luck with your deck, it is called Ambulence or SoloBliss by most players! Welcome to the Gym and Pokemon community!

5. darth_vader

darth_vader New Member

After looking at the cards I have, I have revised my deck. Please review it:

Pokemon: (6)
    4x Chansey
    2x Blissey

Trainers: (25)
    4x Bebe's Search
    3x Celio's Network
    4x Prof. Cozmo's Discovery
    4x TV Reporter
    4x Potion
    3x Strength Charm
    2x Buffer Piece
    1x Switch

Energy: (19)
    4x Boost Energy
    4x Warp Energy
    2x Cyclone Energy
    9x Fighting Energy (I happen to have a lot of these)

Strategy:
    Basically, I get out the Blissey as soon as I can (T2) and try to defeat my opponent's Pokemon b4 they evolve.

Main strengths: Blissey can do at least 40 damage 2nd turn, if I play my deck right.
    Main weaknesses: I don't have 2 more Blisseys, any other tournament legal Pokes, FF Energy or Cessation Crystal.

Any advice on how to handle Mario and Infernape would be nice.

Also, is it possible to win by having many mulligans, finally pulling a Chansey, then winning because my opponent runs out of cards to draw? (I know this might be kinda cheap, but given the number of basic Pokemon in my deck, there is a chance that this may happen)

6. Mew*

Mew* Active Member

There is a MAJOR problem here. You only have two Pokemon in the deck built for attacking. You seriously need at least one more Blissey to make this work, and you will need maxed out Time-Space Distortion or Night Maintenance to get back your fallen Blisseys and Chanseys from the discard pile! You see, there is not a problem with playing only one Pokemon line, but you need a way to get them back or you will quickly run out of Pokemon thus loosing the game!

7. Chairman Kaga

Chairman Kaga Active Member

You really need four Blisseys to make this work. What happens when both Blisseys are prized? It happens more often than you think.

Your opponent is not required to draw a mulligan card. It's their option.

8. Mew*

Mew* Active Member

9. darth_vader

darth_vader New Member

Would Super Scoop Ups work, instead of Night Maintenance or T-S distortion?

10. master of puppets

master of puppets New Member

kinda, but not very well. night main. and TSD are for sure (kind of with TSD) get your pokemon back.

11. darth_vader

darth_vader New Member

How about w/:

+2 HootHoot (DP)
    +1 Noctowl (DP)

Noctowl has resistance to Mario and Noctowl's 1st attack can help me get a Blissey if it is in the prize cards.

12. Rainbowgym

Rainbowgym Active Member

What do you mean by "starterpacks"?
    If it's the decks, you might want to add Magmar/Magmortar to your Blissey deck.
    don't know if sentret/furret is in the starters but those can also go with Blissey.

13. kristi

kristi New Member

once i prized 3 chimchar and 2 DRE in my infernape deck. my advice is thaqt you try real hard to get 2 more blissey and run solobliss. i would also try to get 4 holon energy ff and some fire energy :)fire: can be found in magmortar deck) as that would eleminate weakness and with so many blissey decks out right now many players would tech against it. good luck!!!

14. darth_vader

darth_vader New Member

Are there any uncommon/common pokemon lines that work well with blissey?

15. B_B_C

B_B_C New Member

Some like weavile(SW) and Banette(SW).

16. darth_vader

darth_vader New Member

Are the trainers I'm using good enough for tournament play or are there better ones I should use?

Also, I see that a lot of people use Team Galactic's Wager, but doesn't that card also allow your opponent to draw cards regardless of whether or not he wins the rock-paper-scissors duel?

As for the Blisseys, I will try to get them via trade. If anyone can think of any good bird pokemon (w/ fighting resistance) that might work with Blissey, please let me know. Thanks.

17. yelanates

yelanates New Member

The Pidgeot in SW is pretty good, IIRC. Not sure if it has Fight res, though.

18. Viva piñata

Viva piñata Active Member

how about taking out some potions and putting in sabelye cg its exavate power lets you see the top card of your deck and if an energy toss it out and give blissey an extera 1o if needed or put in 2 luvdisc in it for even game to get chansey out faster that should work

go team watermelon yaaaa.....

19. darth_vader

darth_vader New Member

Thanks for the advice thus far. Does anyone have any thoughts on how I can improve my deck (other than adding 2 blisseys)?

20. Viva piñata

Viva piñata Active Member

ummm i just put that on my reply just above you also try running lucario if ya want

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.