Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Blister Packs: Are the rarity diffrent then boostrs out of boxes??

I always buy blisters when im out of the gaming area for a chance to pull good cards and 70% of the time i dont get good cards so i have wondered this question for over 3 years:

Do the blister packs come right off the production lines or do they come from booster boxes and picked out before packaged??

I would liek to see a discussion on it and see what people think?? I cant argue because i pulled a celebi ex once from it but besides that not much.

What do people think of this??

I don't know about other people, but I usually get insanely good luck with blister packs. I almost always get a holo. In fact, a blister pack is where I got my RH TV Reporter (the one I microwaved, ran over, froze, etc.)

Last edited:
What we need is for someone to go to their local store, and buy 20 blister packs, and see if there is a significant differance between the rarity of cards found in them, and cards found in non-blister packs.

So, who's up to it?

If the blister pack was created by Nintendo (cardboard backing with one booster in a clamshell covering), then the odds should be the same as pulling from a box. I've pulled several good cards pack diving at Target this way.

If the blister pack was created by some secondary company, 3 boosters and a promo card, i'd be very leery......

I recently brought 10 blister packs from a local store, which was I guess there entire stock at the time and I pulled 2 ex's out of those packs....I also think I pulled 2 holos and the rest were rares, not sure if that helps, but either I got lucky or thats how it works out with the blister packs.

CMT

Last edited:
Weedler said:
Sorry to sound like a noob, but what is the difference between a blister and a booster pack?
A blister pack is a booster stuck to a cardboard backing, sealed in by a hard plastic shell.
It's for stores that want to hang the packs on a rack, like TRU and Target.

In the Deck box gift set we got so very lucky one time. In the 4 packs that come with it came 3 ex's and a star. :clap: I promise that will never happen again. It has not happened again for us anyway.

I got 9 'blister packs' that were NOT made my Nintendo and offered 3 packs+promo
Out of the 27 packs, I pulled 2 exs. 27 packs and 2 exs is pretty normal for deoxys/HL/SS packs, right?

And that was recently, in fact... besides my box of EM and box of TRR (and packs from winning) all the packs I get are blister packs, and the rarity is about the same. The only thing is, there is no 3 ex per box, or 2 ex per box 'guarantee' like a sealed box. You could get lucky or unlucky, but it has nothing to do with the packs being 'worse' than those from a box. Same packs, same rarity. I pull good stuff from blister packs just fine, about the same amount of time as packs from a box.

Last edited:
WPM - That is wrong... I can believe you would do that to a "MINT" RH TVR....

Ryan - No, that is not normal. Those 3 Packs + 1 Promo were made and distributed by Nintendo/PUI...
Only getting 2 Ex is Okay for that... You Should Get atleast 1 Sandstorm Ex, and would have a 50% Chance of pulling another SS Ex and Then for the other two sets, you would have a 75% Chance of pulling an Ex out of that many packs...
Drew

i dont usually buy blisters.i did at one time(before i was "active"in a league)and i pulled nothing.now i buy boosters and get a lot.when legend maker comes out(and i mean the first day)i am getting a box.i bet i will get at least something from it.but in a box of blister(even though they dont sell them,i bought all the ones straght from a shipping box at target once)i didn't get as much as i did in my box of DS,and DS doesnt have much to get!i may just be unlucky though.......

TheDarkTwins said:

Ryan - No, that is not normal. Those 3 Packs + 1 Promo were made and distributed by Nintendo/PUI...
Only getting 2 Ex is Okay for that... You Should Get atleast 1 Sandstorm Ex, and would have a 50% Chance of pulling another SS Ex and Then for the other two sets, you would have a 75% Chance of pulling an Ex out of that many packs...
Drew

I should have gotten 1.5 exs just from 9 sandstorm packs? That's a lot of exs per box. SS boxes had 6 exs per box!?

As for the other packs, 18 packs, each pack has a 1/12 of getting an ex, so opening 18 packs at 1/12 per pack and pulling one ex is actually fine. That's like getting half a box and getting one ex, which is perfectly legit.

I don't see the dilemna.

Flaming_Spinach said:
What we need is for someone to go to their local store, and buy 20 blister packs, and see if there is a significant differance between the rarity of cards found in them, and cards found in non-blister packs.

So, who's up to it?

Actually, to be more accurate, if there are 36 packs in a box, wouldn't someone need to buy 36 blister packs to make things even. Just a thought, don't look at me to try it out. I'll stick with boxes.

peace
phantom man

TheDarkTwins said:

You must have missed his thread on that topic.

But, on topic, I've had about the same results with blister/Value Pack packs as those from display boxes...

http://www.pokebeach.com/stuff/poortvreporter.jpg

I asked the members of the Gym how much it was worth since I had gotten one in a pack from Target for Christmas. When they asked for a scan/picture, I used whatever I did to get an image of it and posted up my mint TV Reporter picture. Then, it must had fallen on the floor or something, and when I backed my chair up, I discovered that I had run over it.

Then to fix it, I tried to flatten it on a lamp. It got too hot, so I threw it in the freezer. Then it got too wet, and I threw it in the microwave. Ooops.

:(

EDIT: Oh, the topic wasn't pruned. I thought it was:
http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?t=3482&highlight=poortvreporter

But yeah, I got it in a blister pack.

Last edited:
I bought a box of blisters (24 packs I do belive) And recived 3 ex's and fair amount of holo's

As many other s have confiermed, there are no diffrenence between the raities.

Last edited:
Back