Blubber-Bird (EON)

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by HypnosProjectHQ, Feb 19, 2004.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HypnosProjectHQ

HypnosProjectHQ New Member

Pokemon (20)
    4 Wailmer (RS)
    2 Wailord (RS)
    2 Wailord ex (SS)
    4 Natu (SS)
    4 Xatu (SS)
    3 Dunsparce (SS)
    1 Meditite (D)

Trainers (23)
    4 Professor Oak's Research
    4 TV Reporter
    4 Moo-Moo Milk
    3 Warp Point
    3 Switch
    2 Crystal Shard
    2 Desert Shaman
    1 Town Volunteers

Energy (17)
    14 Water
    3 Multi

Isn't the strategy obvious enough? Thought so...

Last edited: Feb 21, 2004
  2. GodTrainer

GodTrainer Member

could work, ampyEx will eat it alive though

3. Shift

Shift New Member

Ooh, another Gojira deck, Otaku will be stoked.

First things first; I think Otaku said it one time "If Xatu isn't enough healing, then the deck doesn't work" or something like that anyway. So I suggest trying without the Moo-Moo's (Xatu really is enough healing), that leaves space for four cards, one of which would have to be the fourth Dunsparce. Some people disagree, but I believe it's best to play 4 Sparce (so, you know, you get better chances at starting with it).

Ok, so 3 spaces left. 2 of those should go to PETM to get the Xatu's out quicker or one of the Wailords when needed.

Take out one TV Reporter and add 2 Oracles, to get needed cards in certain situations or special energy.

Speaking of which... I guess the Multi's are there for the psy energy requirement's of Xatu's attack. I don't know about this, in most games Xatu will rarely attack (heck it probably never will). I would change them to Boosts energies, as they work great with Wailord.

That's my fix. This looks like a pretty good deck, good luck with it.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2004
  4. HypnosProjectHQ

Boosts seem to not work out with me. Multi's seem to work great with this deck! When my opponent's appempting to stall with Wobbuffet and has no energy (which is actually the case) then I'm in luck. Natu eats Wobbuffet alive sometimes. So does Wailord. If you get 2nd turn Xatu then, you can spread damage across your opponent;s entire field. That is always a good thing, especially when there are 80 HP Pokemon and Wailord only does 70 MAX (same with 110 HPers and Wailord ex). For now, I'll leave as is. I was think about maybe knocking a card for a Meditite, but I didn't know what to drop. Oh well! As is for now, until further commentary. Thanks though.

5. GodTrainer

GodTrainer Member

ok, you want that medite and you should! lol, id drop the following and add the following

-4 moo moo milk
    -1 warpoint
    -2 desert shamman
    -1 TownV
    add

+2 medite
    +1 sparce
    +3 birtneys commpassion (would be GREAT with wailord, what ever xatu cant handle, he can!)
    +1 fisherman

a little futher along.. if you want you could try
    -1 Tvreporter
    -1 switch
    -1 water NRG

+3 master ball, to help get your evos out better

6. HypnosProjectHQ

Um... ok. That looks cool and all, but I'd really like to not put in Briney's Compassion. That makes the deck even more supporter heavy than it is already, plus it doesn't work on Wailord ex. Thats usually when I need it most anyways.

7. Dendrobatida

Dendrobatida New Member

Just a really quick fix: I'd drop one of the town volunteers. In a tournament, if you're playing a non-discard deck (which you are), and you're in a situation where you have the opportunity to successfully use two town volunteers, then you're losing so badly that, paradoxically, town volunteers isn't going to help you much at all. Further, you're playing a conservation deck here, designed to save your energy and pokemon via healing. Decking shouldn't be a problem. Keep one, just in case, but use that other card space for something a little more versatile, like the aforementioned boost energy, or even another water.

8. HypnosProjectHQ

Or how about I drop a Town Volunteers for a Meditite?
    ^EDIT: Changed original deck fix for above fix.^

Last edited: Feb 21, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.