Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Blue Bell, Pa CC Report

Mr. Grass

Well we had a pretty good turnout at today's Championship. With 40 people playing I was able to sneasel out of playing and ended up judging, which I highly enjoyed. Infinite Quests was a great location and I think everyone had lots of fun. We did have one incidence of coaching from people at a side game, but other than that there weren't any disruptions.

I saw a pretty good variety of decks. Lots of Ampharos and Magneton, with Magneton also working with Blaziken, who also partnered with Ninetails. Only saw 1 Rayquaza EX. Lots of Gardy and Gardy EX with Wobbuffet helping it and others. I also saw a few Salamence decks that did all right. The Muk EX did pretty well, disrupting a lot of players' strategies. The top decks for ea age group were:
15+: Gardevoir/Gardevoir EX, Xatu, Wobbuffett
11-14: Gardevoir/Gardevoir EX, Wobbuffet, Wynaut
10-: Muk/ Muk EX, Scizor, Roselia (nick-named Metallic Slime)

Rulings wise it was a pretty clear day. A few forgetting to set out prizes and sending out new actives were the only play error questions. Had a few questions about doing damage vs. placing damage counters. Most of the rulings were actually because of one guy's deck, a guyfrom my league no less. He used Slaking, attaching a Warp Energy to it and sending up the Espeon with the Energy Scooping power, Taking up the Warp Energy, retreating Espeon for free, and attacking with Slaking again. Just another fun rogue deck.

Well, that's abot it. Mad props go to the store owner for bing so cool and to Dorian for running the event and feeding the judge (me). I hope everyone else has great City Championships as well. Just watch out for Gardevoir.

Just in all the tournament fun that's been happening I wanna take the time to thank Mr. Grass for his awsome contribution to helping out. He was really a great judge and truely a knowledgable person.

I also wanna thank Dorian herself who really just does a job that surpassess the enthusiasm of any TO in the area that I have ever seen. She really did a great job in setting all the things up today and for many of the tournaments that I have either particiapted in or Judged for with her.

I think that we owe a debt of gratitude to people like Dorian, Mr. Grass and the countless other TOs and Professors that are really helping to make this game all that it can be.

Way to go guys and keep up all the good work that you do. We all appreciate it.

-Saturn Knight

*takes a little bow* Thank you for the praise, and I agree about Dorian. I think she's the best TO I've ever worked under, though I might just be saying that since she gave me pizza :D
Thanks to all you players who came. You were all a good bunch that made the day fun for me. I love this game, and I love being able to help others enjoy it as much as I do. Just keep on playing and finding those tough rules questions for me and the other professors ;)
Best of luck to all of you in all the games you play.

:pokeball: Gotta Catch 'em All! :pokeball:

Yeah, the tournament was great!

Excellent location, great people, and good food :D

I did average with my Salamence Deck (3-3), but it was OK; I had fun!

Many thanks again to Dorian for a great job as TO; Mr. Grass for his excellent judging skills; and Infinte Quest for have such an awesome location (I wish I lived closer) :(

Can't wait for the Magma & Aqua pre-release!

P.S. - Mr. Grass, how'd you like the psyduck?

Yea, that was a great tourny and a beyond wonderful location! How was the Pizza Mr. Grass? Heh, and what about those "Regular Hoagies"? Sheesh... Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing you all at the Aqua/Magma PreRelease! And yes, Dorian is a great TO, hope to have her judging more of our torneys in the future!

LONG LIVE TEAM MAGMA!

Gardevoir Guardian

Dorian is definately in charge of the TMvTA prerelease and so we know that that one will be just as well run and organized as this and the previous tournaments by her have been run. If you read this Dorian I'm looking forward to working alongside you and Professorbix(sp?) once more. Hope to see you all there and more. COme on guys...biggest tournout ever. I'm looking forward to some good competition and to see if someone can overthrow GuardevoirGuardians 3 time unbeaten streak.

-Saturn Knight

It was very very fun and we have some laughs ,,,
I remenber the 2nd round ..I have to go agasit one of my friends and we were
out with Dorian ..My Friend was Having a Heart attack with my Ninetails Deck and Dorian and
Mr.grass was laughing so hard at him..It look like they were crying.. So Thanks for all the fun
Mr.Grass and Dorian. You both did a wounderful job.
I hope I c-ya at the PreRelease ..when I go with Eeveetrainer and
ScytherTrainer..and the States too. =D

i've already been asked by Dorian to judge the TMvTA pre-release. so iwill be there and i will also try to bring as many of the players from my league as i can. Lets go for Highest Attendance for a Pre-Release!!!

I went and did.... bad. Well, for two reasons, I had my deck perfectly shuffled, but didn't make up a deck list, so my mom decided to gladly write it down... well, I always do a half-assed shuffling job before a round because it's already pre-shuffled and I usually wreck my cards due to lack of sleeves. Well, it seems my mom perfectly organized everything... one swablu... 14 energy.

Another was half the cards I needed to borrow mysteriously disappeared before the tournament so I had to improvise @_@. Yeah, grabbing random cards and throwing them in.

And due to this, I have a new record of 19 turns without a basic!! wahoo! go me! ^_^ but surprisingly, I DIDN'T get last place like I do every single tournament. o_o Quite strange...

T_T Beware, I know a horde of mooses that would gladly do unpleasant things to you... such as stampede you.

*a stampede of mooses, a killer rabbit, and a llama stampede Eevee*

And there was much rejoicing!!
Peasant: Yay...

YEAH EEVEETRAINER...IF I can't BEAT GardevoirGuardian
but I know.. Hey who knows...I like the old saying from MC' DS ..Hey It could happen =)

Back