Blurry text on LA holos

Discussion in 'TCG News & Gossip Discussion' started by Pajamas, Aug 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pajamas

Pajamas <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showpost.php?p=

Several people pulled regular holos with really blurry text at our LA prerelease today. This Rayquaza is one such example... you can see that the text is kind of smeared compared to the Regigigas. Is this likely to have been just a weird problem with one of our boxes, or are people in other places seeing this too?

2. yoyofsho16

yoyofsho16 New Member

This isn't too uncommon on cards in general. I pull one of these in other sets every so often.

3. Diaz

Diaz New Member

There were alot of them at the prerealease that I went to. They're really bad. The quality is almost worse than the average fake card. I was very annoyed :mad::mad::mad:

4. Pajamas

Pajamas <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showpost.php?p=

That's something I'm concerned about. If these variances in consistency are more than just an isolated problem, it will make it that much harder to spot fakes. The converse of this is another problem: because people are fearful of fakes, it's more difficult to trade legit cards that look "goofy".

5. Magic_Umbreon

Magic_Umbreon Researching Tower Scientist, Retired

It's like the second layer of printing was a tiny bit misaligned, so it looks like a shadow and blurred. Do they not take a sample or something?

6. PokemonSteve

PokemonSteve New Member

Must have been in the first batch. PUI must have said that it was ok.

7. ColdCoates90

ColdCoates90 New Member

My Rayquaza is not like that. Prob a rare printing issue occurred.

8. Zumanity

Zumanity New Member

I got Uxie and Riolu RH and the names are almost completely faded out. Glad the mesprit x wasn't, someone would be a very angry pokemon player :p

9. dogma

dogma New Member

Both very good points, particularly when compounded with the blurred backs posted in another thread.

By definition, taking a sample statistically reduces the risk of these sub-par cards being distributed, not eliminate the risk entirely.

Thanks for posting the pic, made it easy to see what the issue was.

10. Ardoptres

Ardoptres New Member

It looks kinda fake o_O

11. TrainerJL

TrainerJL New Member

My experience after two prereleases is that is happening mostly on Colorless and Psychic holos. I haven't seen it as badly on any of the other types. It's not all of them, but it's been pretty common so far.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.