4 Poké Radar
2 Energy Pickup
2 Night Maintenance

Energy: 15
4 Call Energy
4 Metal Special
1 Metal Energy
6 Lightning Energy

Setup with call energy and technical machine TS-01, then Claydol for draw. As none of the basics have usable attacks, for the first few turns you focus on setting everything up with call and TM instead of attacks. Aim for a situation where you can keep using Cyber Shock for either a KO or to set a pokémon up for KO. Palkia LvX is useful for spreading 80s around (keep paralysing different things), or sniping things like Claydol. Electivire attaches energy from discard which Magnezone can move over to keep the pattern. A levelled up Magnezone gives everything free retreat as long as you have at least one :metal: in play, as you can move that :metal: onto the active, retreat then move it back. Electivire is also useful as a backup last turn attacker. As crazy as it sounds, let time be called on your turn and use Magnezone to move everything over to Electivire if 80 will not claim the win.

In theory, it all works very well. The energy line probably needs sorting, not sure whether pachirisu would be a better choice than call.

I like ur idea but...
U use Palkia X and Claydol same deck? I understund, u have 'zone DP + Metal Energies = 0 Retreat. Put some more Multi / Metal Energy / Warp Point?
Magnezone X isn't very strong, 'zone 2hko ur enemies. But then, when ur opponent attacks, ur 'zone Lv.X is dead!
For fun, play 1 'vire X? (New Tools = shield)

Anyway, u need moar energy or switch. Drop some "trash" trainers and put sum energies.

3-2-2-2 'zone and 2-3 Candy IMO

The deck sounds promising and versatile. As long as you get set up very fast, the deck movement is just ridiculously good. Especially since everything gets free retreat. Top tier battle road deck IMO.

-Dustin Z.

i don't think that the palkia and it's lv x is going to help the deck. you use it's power and your opponent will bring out either your claydol or palkia lv x. maybe remove the palkia and palkia lv x for two bucks training or two plus powers

No way, Magnezone X isn't that amazing card. 1 Pokemon has more than 80HP and attach Unown G = kthxbye!

Just because a pokemon has more than 80 Hp doesn't mean anything, plus if your opponent is playing Unown G against this deck, free retreat to Electivire Lv. X, discard G, 50dmg + invuln for a turn =kthxbai

Just because a pokemon has more than 80 Hp doesn't mean anything, plus if your opponent is playing Unown G against this deck, free retreat to Electivire Lv. X, discard G, 50dmg + invuln for a turn =kthxbai

Except...

Q. If Electivire Lv.X uses "Pulse Barrier" to discard tools against a Defending Pokemon with Unown-G's "GUARD" attached, does the Unown-G get discarded or does "GUARD" prevent that effect?
A. The Unown-G would prevent Pulse Barrier's effect of discarding tools, so it would stay attached. But Unown-G does not prevent any tools attached to other Pokemon from being discarded. (Mar 20, 2008 PUI Rules Team)

Wrong...

== GUARD (Unown-G - DP:Great Encounters)

Q. If Electivire Lv.X uses "Pulse Barrier" to discard tools against a Defending Pokemon with Unown-G's "GUARD" attached, does the Unown-G get discarded or does "GUARD" prevent that effect?
A. The Unown-G would prevent Pulse Barrier's effect of discarding tools, so it would stay attached. But Unown-G does not prevent any tools attached to other Pokemon from being discarded. (Mar 20, 2008 PUI Rules Team)

Paralyze is nice, but personally I'll be playing Unown G....so....big whoop.

Either way, his build plays no Electivire X.

Anywa, Palkia X, he's a bit out there here. Consider this-- Magnezone Vs Kingdra.

Assuming on ideal hands... You go first. you attach to benched Magnemite with Baltoy Palkia and Electabuzz on bench. Kingdra gets put down via rare candy, and lets say for the sake of arguent they also get to lay thieir own Baltoy and Abra. Dragon Pump for KO and 20 to Magnemite. Rare Candy on your turn, attach again, then evolve to Dol and Vire, then switch for palkia and level up. as perfect as it could be so far. Level up. Pass or force a switch, this wont go your way. so lets say you pass for this turn. I go , evolve to Claydol, Cosmic power, candy an Alakzam. Horsea on bench and attach a water, Dragon Pump once again, 40 to Magnezone. Your turn, you level up if you havent already. I would have attached an unown G by now, and if I haven't, I can warp point once you Cyber Shock At this point, I could have arguably discarded 8 energy and come and KO you next turn. Neither deck has a clear advantage here.... But Kingdra will arguably set up faster most of the time.

Beyond that, you need more Electivire and Electabuzz, and Azelf LA. Prized Electivire? You're too slow. Prized Magnezone X? Still too much slower... Kingdra can and will outspeed you in this way unless you fix that.

I myself play 2-2 Electivire to stop from getting it prized, along with a small 1-2 Mr. Mime line to stop Kingdra in it's tracks for a few turns.

You ought to put more Electivire in here, however the Mr. Mime isn't neccessary.

I really like the Palkia idea because of Magnezone's body, it makes it very good for this deck.

Overall, nice list, you just need to find a little more speed, and maybe Mr. Mime for the Kingdra Match-up

Phione isn't really needed in this kind of deck because of the release of TM TS-1, which does the same exact thing for no energy instead of having to use energy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back