bpbd'S City Report

Discussion in 'City Championships' started by Bigpoppabeatdown, Nov 28, 2004.

1. Bigpoppabeatdown

Bigpoppabeatdown New Member

ok bare with me for this one as i am about to pass out from exhaustion.........

well after many days of deliberating, i was still down to 3 decks when i got my decksheet........... i could have done so many things, i had (Blaze ray, blasty, and Swampert).......... i was hesitant to use blasty since i've been seeing a lot of dragonite/trode decks and amphy decks.......

well i decided to use blasty anyways, as i decided that i wouldn't let other decks decide my play..........

HERE it it

The Turtle Hermit Way
    3 squirtle
    1 wartortle
    3 blastex
    2 pidgey
    1 pidgeotto
    2 pidgeot
    2 TA walrein
    3 sparce
    3 mantine

16 water
    -16-

3 stevens
    3 celio's
    2 copycat
    1 POR
    2 briney's
    2 archie
    3 rare candy
    2 VS seeker
    1 switch
    1 warp point
    1 energy recycle system
    1 HPS
    1 Island cave
    1 mt moon

well there it is in it's entirety..........

ROUND 1 vs Alayna (Fablex deck)
    well this one went rather quickly as i got pidgeot, blasty and walrein out by turn 3......... and i just ran over her deck....
    1-0

Round 2 vs Rachel (d dragonite/exploud)
    yeah i was just as confused about this combo as you are......... but she didn't draw an energy for quite some time........
    2-0

Round 3 vs Brandon (D dragonite/ D trode)
    This is the one deck that i was absolutely terrified of since i first played against it 3 weeks ago....... i got set up very quickly and i ended up knocking out his dragonite with all 4 darks on it, he conceded after that.....
    3-0

Round 4 vs Ron (mod gardy)
    This only lasted 4 turns..... i got out stoise and pidgeot, ko'd his tangela and he sent up another attached to his sneasel ex on the bench......... i play a warp, send back up stoise and ko that, next turn i use walrein to clean up....
    4-0

Round 5 vs Jessee (stoise varient)
    well he got set up quickly and i wasn't really in the mood for a long, drawn out defeat, since i was guaranteed to make it into the top 4 anyways....... so he starts killing everything, and he ends up takin out my stoise
    4-1

TOP 4
    Semis vs Trevor Simmons (gardy varient)
    well all i remember is that i started with only a pidgey both games and ended up with pidgeot within 2 turns...and my walrein allowed me to escape gardy's wrath...
    2-0

TOP 2
    Finals vs Brandon (trode/dragonite)
    well yet again i have to face my most feared deck....... but both times i got up far too quickly and he ended up giving up quickly

well i won the 15 and up........ YAH for me!! rofl.......... well i got my stuff, did some organizing and trading, then went up to see National Treasure.........

Now i can go Judge a few other cities....... yah!!

ok Mad Props go out to:
    -Dragon King for hosting this event which went almost flawlessly
    -Vince (Megs 45) for runnin this lil shindig
    - Brandon for meeting me in the finals like we said we would
    -all the other players there

Mad Slops go to
    - MEGA MURKROW and justin for not makin the final 4 an all St. Peters crowd, rofl, j/k (bad matty, i started with a pidgey twice in the semis and didn't lose, what's ur excuse? =P)

Last edited: Nov 28, 2004
  2. Secretsmeargle

Secretsmeargle New Member

Hi Bigpoppabeatdown

Congrates on the win, did you get much from the boosters?

Anyways... it's nice to see Blastoise stand up to Dark Trode not once, but TWICE :D
    Only one more question.... what happened to wooper :(

~Secretsmeargle

Last edited: Nov 28, 2004
  3. Hedgefoxidna

Hedgefoxidna New Member

good job scott. ;x

4. Thomas33

Thomas33 New Member

hedge why aren't you replying to my pm's?

5. Bigpoppabeatdown

out of the 18 packs, i got 2 ex's....... a r sneasel ex and a moltres which i traded for a R zapdos ex

wooper had to go unfortunately as i just couldn't get out everything at the same time like i wanted..... i always tried to get 3 mantine, a stoise, a walrein and a pidgeot, so there's no room for wooper in there....

6. Hedgefoxidna

Hedgefoxidna New Member

Better than me, just one EX, Hitmonchan, it is pretty kool, I guess...

7. ultimate_healer

ultimate_healer New Member

well congrats to you scott

8. Bigpoppabeatdown

jake, eh, i heard a few people talkin about how they wanted that card, can't remember who though

healer- thnx, gl at urs on the 18th or 19th, whenever it is, lol