BR being counted as unsanctioned?

Discussion in 'TCG News & Gossip Discussion' started by desert eagle, Oct 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. desert eagle

desert eagle New Member

One of the BRs I participated in was not considered a sanctioned event for some reason.

Here's the link to the BR: http://www.op.pokemon-tcg.com/tournaments/details.asp?tournament_id=710000014

For some reason, the seal that shows a premier event isn't even on that page, yet it was a BR with BR prizes and was listed in the BR section under premier events.

On my stats page, it says that I'm 18-1 in sanctioned events and 4-1 in unsanctioned (I was 4-1 and won for this BR)

This is really strange and its a problem that I don't think has ever come up before.

2. Pablo

Pablo New Member

Kant you really should send all these type of complaints/errors to POP's email, no one here can help you directly...

3. bulbasnore

bulbasnore Administrator Staff Member Trader Feedback Mod

4. P_A

P_A Active Member

I think what you may have here is an event that Marvin scheduled, but POP said couldn't be run twice at the same venue. If he set up 2 at one location POP may have asked him to change the location. If he felt he couldn't do that, then Marvin amy have just decided to run it as a battle road without any prize support from POP. So if you got any prizes from that event, consider yourself lucky - he could have just cancelled it!

5. desert eagle

desert eagle New Member

I don't think that's the case as it's the first Battle Road held in Missisauga

6. PokePop

PokePop Administrator

He shouldn't have called it a Battle Road then, if that is the case.
    Part of the Battle Road package is the chance to earn points toward the Worlds invite.

7. P_A

P_A Active Member

I agree 'Pop. However, it wasn't my call, and I wasn't even aware it was like that. I suppose when Marvin scheduled the event, he was going on the assumption that it was going to be a sanctioned Battle Road. Then POP got in touch with him afterwards to change the venue. I'm not sure if you can change the title in your tournament listing after the event is scheduled - I've never tried to change the title before. I suppose it's just a matter of cancelling the event, then scheduling another on the same date with a different name, but again, like I said - it wasn't my call.

8. PokePop

PokePop Administrator

He could have changed the title.
    Even if it were locked out for him to edit, an email to POP would have gotten it changed.
    Not saying it was your fault. You weren't the TO.

9. Pete De Shaw

Pete De Shaw Master Trainer

Hi guys, sorry to ruin such good theories, but Marvin just left on of the Zeros out of 710000014 when he sent me the ID number. Its fixed now.

10. PokePop

PokePop Administrator

whew! That's good news!

11. desert eagle

desert eagle New Member

Wow quick service. Thanks for fixing it fast guys =D

12. P_A

P_A Active Member

Thanks for clearing that up, Pete. I appreciate it.

I apologize for my part in any possible rumour - but nowhere in my post at #4 did I state or even presume it to be a fact. Again, as was pointed out, it was a theory. I based it on a personal experience - wrong though my theory was.

In the future, it would probably be best to do as was mentioned in Pablo's post - first research the answer for yourself with the tournament organizer, and if that yeilds no answers, get in touch with POP directly. That stops any future misconceptions or rumors.

13. PokePop

PokePop Administrator

And I misread it as a statement of fact.
    Apologies all around.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.