Breeding with power items

Discussion in 'Ask The VG Experts!' started by P_A, Dec 7, 2013.

8 league13 468 60
  1. P_A

P_A Active Member

Ok, I can see where the destiny knot copies 5 IV's from one of the parents, but what do the different power items do for the IV's? I can probably get a list and location on them from Serebii.net, but if you could give that to me as well, that would be nice to have handy here on the gym. Thanks guys.

Edit: Nevermind guys, I found the answer quite easily on Serebii.net. The location of the items is the Battle Maison, and the items give the same stat as the parent to the bred pokemon - different power items copy specific stats.

Anklet = Speed
    Band = Special Defense
    Belt = Defense
    Bracer = Attack
    Lens = Special Attack
    Weight = HP

So I'm assuming you use that for the stat you have missing from the one parent to transfer to the bred pokemon the perfect IV from the opposite parent. Ok, I'm a little slow on the uptake, but I get there eventually. Now I just have to get all the power items to do a good job on my pokemon team.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2013
  2. Regis_Neo

Regis_Neo Moderator

Here's the main thing to remember though: power items are only really useful earlier in your breeding chain to get a specific IV passed that neither parent has. Power items will overwrite a normal IV pass from Destiny Knot, and regardless once you have your parents set up, one of them better have the right nature you're aiming for as well, which is where Everstone comes into play for that parent. So power items at that point are not used from that point on once you have your 5 IVs in some combination on both parents.

3. P_A

P_A Active Member

Ok, good to know. I'll keep that in mind as I work on my team. As of yet, I don't have a single pokemon ready, but it's all new to me. Even though I played around with breeding in other games, I only did so to get pokemon I didn't have in my pokedex, and tried to get the best one I could think of at the time. Now I know I'm getting the best individual pokemon that are available according to my choices. I may not have the best to beat all of my opponents, but I'll certainly try!

The unfortunate problem is that TPCi has decided that Canadians won't be getting a video game championship this year - so no major events happen up here. Too bad. However, I'll still work on my team, and maybe things will change for next season.