Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Broken

Dunsparce could swap places with one of the pokemon you brought out, which was SICK in a deck like dragtrode. No one is going to play a tool early game vs Pacharisu, and late game I'd play one just so you'll send him out and I get the easy prize. He is awesome, but not game breaking like dunsparce was (sudden flash... the horror...).

i think it is broken because now, pokemon can use their pokepowers now, except for colorless, dark, and metal evolved pokemon(Battle Frontier)

Broken?! By no means. Very good, yes. I consider broken being something that is so unfair, you loose if you don't play it. This is not the case. Not all decks work with this kind of setup.

Although it is good, it is not broken. CFF does get 3 Basics, but it's other attack is only okay. Who, exactly, is going to play a Cess. Crystal down when you have Pachirisu out? No one. Late game, is 40 REALLY going to make such a huge difference, especially when after you get a Prize? No. It is the best Starter we've got, but by no means broken.

No, Pachirisu is not broken in any way. Broken implies that once it's out and powered up it wins you the game. Pachirisu is simply a beefed up setup pokemon. After you use it's CFF attack once it becomes rather below average. I put it close in power level to Absol, but not quite. Generally, Pachirisu is a dead card past the 2nd turn of the game. It's wonderful to start with, though.

In this format though you want to leave Pachirisu up and 70 hp, no double weakness, and awesome attacks; that kinda leaves Sparce blowing in the wind. Sparce only had the possible paralysis and it's common status.

Last edited:
Different formats means you can't compare cards.

pach also gets rid of unown G, correct? I expect that card to be teched in a lot of decks.

Back