Bronzong/Ampharos

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by KAZUTO!!!, Jun 27, 2008.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KAZUTO!!!

KAZUTO!!! New Member

Pokemon (20):

Bronzong x4
    Bronzor x4
    Ampharos x3
    Flaffy x2
    Mareep x3
    Claydol x2
    Baltoy x2

Trainers (24):

Ceilio's Network x4
    Professor Oak's Visit x4
    Roseanne's Research x4
    Rare Candy x3
    Warp Point x2
    Moonlight Stadium x2
    Lake Boundary x2
    Team Galactic's Wager x2
    Scott x1

Energy (16):

Call Energy x4
    Scramble Energy x2
    Lightning Energy x6
    Psychic Energy x4

Strategy: Try to get a fast Ampharos and Bronzong. With Ampharos, Jamming puts one Damage Counter on each of your opponent's Pokemon each time they play a Supporter... and Bronzong's Pain Amplifier puts an extra Damage Counter on each of your opponent's Pokemon! Then we have Cursed Alloy. In between turns, it puts one Damage Counter on each of your opponent's Pokemon with Poke-Powers. That's like Poison, only on all Pokemon with Powers! So, you can be spreading 30-40 damage a turn on a Gardevoir... that's at least a 4HKO, and Gardevoir doesn'yt even have to be Active! But, there's more. There's Cluster Bolt. Cluster Bolt, for the price of discarding just one Energy discarded (2 Psychic/Call and one Lightning, and you only discard the Lightning), you can do 70 damage... and 20 to each of their Bench! You can also Scramble an Amphy and hit for a quick 70 damage and even 20 to each of their Bench. Lake Boundary takes advantage of the type advantage over the two main Archetypes right now... Ampharos does 160 to Empoleon with LB in play, Bronzong does 120 to Gardevoir or Gallade with LB in play, and Bronzong also reduces 20 next turn, and Amphy does 20 to each of their Benched Pokemon.

Comments/suggestions/fixes are, as always, appreciated. Also, help on what to call the deck would be nice too. :rolleyes:

2. G-Dog4377

G-Dog4377 New Member

I like this idea a lot. Just know, Cluster Bolt does 20 to all opponent's benched pokemon with energy upon discarding all Lightning Energy. I would also suggest perhaps DRE for this deck, and definitely Phione.
    I suppose one would call this deck a speed spread, but I bet I could think of something more interesting if I gave it some time.

3. KAZUTO!!!

KAZUTO!!! New Member

Oh, right. Lol, never did completely read Cluster Bolt's text... oh, well. They have a choice - either take the 20 from Cluster Bolt, or have a completely unpowered up Bench.

Anyway, I'm using DRE right now, instead of Scramble, but mainly because my 3 Scrambles are already in Empoleon. I'd like to add Phione, but what should I take out for it?

4. G-Dog4377

G-Dog4377 New Member

I'm thinking a Moonlight Stadium would be okay to go. Other than that, maybe a Roseanne's Research.

5. KAZUTO!!!

KAZUTO!!! New Member

Moonlight is important for Bronzong's unhealthy Retreat Cost... But I guess it and Roseanne's could go. I have Warp, and usually I'll want my Bronzongs to die so I can activate Scramble... but I'm only running 2 Scramble... IDK.

So,

-1 Moonlight
    -1 Roseanne's
    +2 Phione

Are your fixes? I guess I could do that. I'll wait and see if I can see something else that would be better off going then Moonlight.

Thanks anyway!

6. xgearsx

xgearsx New Member

id take out a 1-1 line of bronzog and put in 2 zapdos

7. ShuckleLVX

ShuckleLVX Active Member

drop 1-1 Bronzong, 1 Oaks and 1 Rosannes for 2-2 Aerdactyl

8. KAZUTO!!!

KAZUTO!!! New Member

Zapdos - Flippy for too little an effect. Ampharos does 10 to everything anyway, so I don't really need it.

Aerodactyl - Old Amber is unsearchable, which is bad. Having just 3 draw cards (even with Claydol) is a little too little IMO. Roseanne's is a very good Basic Energy and Pokemon searcher. Bronzong is the main attacker.

9. skarmory777

skarmory777 New Member

keep the moonlight and drop one lake boundary. Double weakness will help if they drop a fresh guy down but as long as your spreading damage quickly then you shouldn't have a problem. 2 or 3 phione would go nicely in this deck. get the early ampharos and let him spread damage all around. then bronzong shouldn't be too far behind.

10. Corrosion

Corrosion New Member

-2 tgw
    -1 LB
    -1 Moonlight
    -2 roseannes
    -1-1 bronzong

+1-1 aerodactyl
    +2 NM
    +4 Duskball (substitution after next set - listed below)

come next set
    add 2 Devolve TM
    substitute POV for Bucks Training and add 2 warp points

11. JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze New Member

You need Windstorms as an early Cess. Crystal Lock will destroy your strategy as they take no damage from Amphy's Body or Pain Amplifier. I saw a lot at NATS that a Cess would be played on the active then on the bench so that makes Warp Points useless. Now another alternative is to run 1 tech Pachirisu to ko the active Cess Crystal then look at their hand and destroy more.

-1 Scott

+1 Pachirisu

- 1 roseanne and -1 Stadium of your choice

+2 Windstorms

12. Dennis Hawk

Dennis Hawk New Member

Needs moar Claydol HP.

13. mrdraz07

mrdraz07 New Member

-1 Bronzor
    -1 Bronzong
    +1 Mareep
    +1 Flaaffy
    -1 Moonlight Stadium
    -1 Scott
    +1 Lake Boundary
    +1 Rare Candy
    -2 Lightning
    +2 Scramble

You want to save the Scrambles for Bronzong and mainly attack with Ampharos. The more opportunities you have to get an early Amphy, the better, so that's why I upped the count.

I heard something about a deck like this at Nats...apparently it had a small Omastar line and it was called "AIDS."

14. sandy4123

sandy4123 New Member

G&G and Plox use battle frontier.

15. afstandopleren

afstandopleren New Member

G&G uses alot of things, but it will loose alot of options and speed with the rotation.

16. Alazor

Alazor Active Member

Maybe add a Phione (Majestic Dawn) to get Amphy out.

You could call it, PB&Jam (Psychic Bronzong and Ampharos' Jam)

17. KAZUTO!!!

KAZUTO!!! New Member

Wow, and I thought this thread was dead, lol.

Skarmory777 - Yeah, I want Phione to be in here. LB is one thing to be taken out, but I need another thing...

Corrosion - DUSK BALL???? No thanks. Dusk Ball is... bad... sorry. NM is okay, but I don't like it much... I like TSD much more for some reason... If I did do that, I'd add 1 NM, 1 TSD. And 1-1 Dactyl is hard to get out, because you're relying on luck to draw one card from your deck. You only have one Old Amber, so... yeah.

JohnnyBlaze - Pachi, IMO, is 3 or 4 or nothing. I guess I could take out a LB and a Scott for a couple of Windstorms or Phiones... and if they do play CC, I'll just KO them, lol.

Dennis Hawk - I don't have Claydol HP... and I don't know what it does, lol.

Mrdraz07 - Yeah... those look like good fixes, but I have two questions. First, why run a 4-3-3 Amphy line? Second, 4 Scrambles doesn't sound that great... 3 at the most. And why take out the Lightning, if Amphy is becoming my main attacker?

Alazor - I do want to add two Phiones... but IDK what to take out. And PB&Jam is the currently the best (and only) name for this deck!

18. Corrosion

Corrosion New Member

dusk ball would be really good with POV and Claydol putting cards at teh bottom of the deck

19. KAZUTO!!!

KAZUTO!!! New Member

Almost ever deck plays Claydol.

Almost no deck plays Dusk Ball.

There's your answer.

Also, you won't always have a Pokemon in your hand... and just to skip Cosmic Power's side-effect for one turn, isn't enough to waste 4 deck spaces on it. I'm usually just getting rid of useless junk, anyway. Like a Water or two when I have 5 in my hand or something.

20. mrdraz07

mrdraz07 New Member

lol it was supposed to be 4-2-4. You could do 3 Scramble 5 Lightning if you want. You want a lot of Scrambles because against Plox you want to bait Gallade out then Bronzong can kill it with Scramble/LB.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.