Bronzong (MD) + Aerodactyl (MD) + Omastar (MD) ?

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by Alazor, May 9, 2008.

8 league13 468 60
  1. Alazor

Alazor Active Member

Bronzong (MD) + Aerodactyl (MD) + Omastar (MD) ?

I'm really interested in Bronzong, could this be the next Cursed Stone? Maybe combined with Aerodactyl it can stack some damage?

2. Dual_Draw

Dual_Draw New Member

Who exactly attacks though?

3. Blaziken 1111

Blaziken 1111 Active Member

Zong is the attacker. You spread with it's body and aeros body and then use zong's attack to spread even more.

4. revdjweb

revdjweb New Member

i am really interested in the new bronzong as well but that psychic weakness is a killer
    might be a good candidate to hide behind holon circle

5. ShadowGuard

ShadowGuard <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showpost.php?p=

Although I don't understand why it has Psychic weakness (in the video games, it's neutral to Ghost, double resistant to Psychic and immune to poison), I think it's not that kind of problem.

Gardevoir isn't able to OHKO unless it plays PlusPower and doesn't use DRE. Bronzong does 100 to Gardevoir (including Body) and OHKOs Gardevoir Lv.X. You may need DRE by yourself for Bronzong, but in case you play a deck focused around Bronzong and Aerodactyl, you can expect any Gardevoir to be already damaged so Bronzong OHKOs it no matter what.

Unfortunally, Plox maybe could be the only deck beaten by Bronzong/Aero/Omastar. Most of the other meta decks don't have that many Pok├ęPowers in play and aren't damaged very much by Bronzong while almost anything can 2HKO it.

GG/Plox can stop Bronzong as well as Aerodactyl using LatiLock, but this would mean there is absolutely no space on the bench for any Dusknoir or Omastar techs.

6. mewtwoisba

mewtwoisba New Member

dont forget resistence to magmortor then bam hit him every turn for damge.

7. Mew

Mew New Member

I don't think it's good enough to be played. Having all those fossils is a sure sign of unreliable starts.
    Also, while Bronzong is good, you don't really have anything strong enough to kill a Magmortar in one hit, should the need arise.

8. Rai

Rai <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showpost.php?p=

*Shrug* Bronzong messes with Claydols or Delcatties as well as Typholosions or Blaziken (PK)s. It resists fire. Omastar can remove the Scrambles from Magmortar with no problem.

'Sides, Helix Fossil can evolve quickly and Omanyte spreads damage too. Old Amber isn't snipeable. You can discard fossils as you like in the early turns of the game (which works, 'cause you won't see them being OHKOed on Turn 1 or even 2 most of the time :/).

There really are two problems with Bronzong. First is that Bronzong isn't quite suited for sweeping up its damage spread, which means you'll want to run a beefy stage 2 line as well to clean up after everything's in KO range. Second is that Bronzong can't start spreading damage to anything that doesn't have powers. Zapdos or something similar is almost a MUST with Bronzong, simply because Pain Amplifier not working is... Painful.

9. Garch

Garch <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showpost.php?p=

I was thinking of runing one in my garchomp deck. Garchomp Lv.x's power would hit all there bench, switch to bronzong, and pain amplifier till he's K.O.ed, which would put most anything in the format within garchomp's range.

10. vadrake

vadrake New Member

On a completely separate note, this deck gives you a water, psychic and colorless attacker, the weakness of 3 of the "supposed" big decks coming up.

11. mrdraz07

mrdraz07 New Member

Presumably there will be quite a few decks that take damage from Bronzong's body. You're damaging Claydols quite a bit, and Skittles, Eeveelutions, Garchomp, and Fossils all have Pokemon with powers (does it hit bodies too? I forgot). With Lake Boundary, if you can manage to get a damage counter on Gallade, Coating is an OHKO, and you reduce damage done to you by 20.

Ampharos might be worth a shot here too.

If only there was a good way to lock powers on top of damaging them :/

12. Black Mamba

Black Mamba New Member

Sadly your colorless and water attackers are only doing 60 damage with weakness... so much for that?

13. master of puppets

master of puppets New Member

I dont really see it working.
    Seems a little impractical to me.
    Having to set up Aerodactyl or two, have room for an Omastar, Bronzong, something to set up, like a Claydol, and what if you have a left over starter?
    Dusknoir is going to continue to be big, so I just dont really see it happening.

Last edited: May 11, 2008
  14. OLD_SCHOOL_PLAYER

OLD_SCHOOL_PLAYER New Member

Not enough damage going on here, it will not work IMHO.

15. Not a good idea, IMO

16. V_For_Vendetta

V_For_Vendetta New Member

In order for Bronzong to spread damage, they must have damage counters first. And since he only places counters on pokemon with damage on them, that means you can only hurt pokemon with powers.

17. (TYranitarFReak)

(TYranitarFReak) New Member

ya need something like empo MD

18. Greenmel555

Greenmel555 New Member

Actually I just built this deck and it does have a problem with just sitting there doing nothing, Brozong is definetly my best hitter, but I have a pokemon clutter on my bench and its hard to do much other than just have your pokemon out.
    My list will be posted in the deck help.

19. Alazor

Alazor Active Member

Now I'm kind of thinking of a deck like Banette, Bronzong, Empoleon, and an Omastar tech.
    I figure that both Banette and Bronzong would do well early game. You you opponent has few basics then Banette would grab a few quick KOs. Bronzong can also spread damage early game if they have powers.
    Empoleon can scramble and do some damage and it's lvl. X can make a comeback with disruption.
    Holon WP can prevent any effects done by Gardevior lv. X and Unown G can fit in too.