Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

brooklyn, NY tourney report

garchompx12

I head down to brooklyn for my first cities. I decide to use ramen TRUK aka bliss/lucario

Round 1: Michael Diaz(Lil Magma) w/absol/eectivire/mismagius

i didnt know wut he was playing and didnt find out until later because all i saw
was a buzz d. He got crappy start with no energy and a buzz d start. I got lone riolu
attahed a fighting, wild kick FTW gg Mike sorry about the donk

1-0

Round 2: michael B w/ Gatr eggs

Riolu setup. he starts w/pinsir and just starts gatr d swarm from there. I cant recover
and he eventually sharp fangs FTW.gg

1-1

Round 3: Sam G (O-ren itachi) w/ Gatr eggs

cant remember much. he got nice hand but i just wagered it all. I start sniping his benched
totodiles for 20 so he cant get his gatrs. he cant recover and i just roll through everything afterwards.
gg

2-1

Round 4: n00b w/ ?????

i get godly setup and laugh at how much im gonna p1wn him. He was using a rampardos
starter deck so it was simple. he gets skull fossils and 1 cranidos. so yeah, i win.

3-1

Round 5: Robby G w/ kingdra swarm

I knew his deck since im friends with him and sam. I get T2 lucario and T3 luc X while sniping
horseas. He cant get a swarm or recover since he had like nothing in his hand and only
1 horsea left. gg, robby

4-1

So im in 2nd, behind mike Diaz. i found out his deck and knew that it was really good, even though
it seemed random.

Game 1: ugh. TERRIBLE start. I cant recover and he gets 3 electivires up and running. I only get
1 Bliss the whole game and he just rolls through everything else.

Game 2: AGAIN. bad start. He takes quick advantage of his scrambles and starts doing heavy
damage to my blisseys. i cant get any boosts, and even worse, he has resistance to me.

SOOO i come in second. not bad. I get 10 packs and open em with friends.

Props: my mom for drivin me and the Glassetts
Mickey Fouchet and Josef B gor giving me some deck help
Sam G for opening 1 of my packs and pulling a honchkrow lv. X
Drew Guritzky

Slops: crappy setups in the finals
my electivire lv. X almost being blown out the window :mad:

adam garcia- sry its just fun to beat them

BBC- yeah sam made a random breloom/wormadam deck and came first in cities on sunday in nanuet

lil magma- i know sumetimes it works, sumetimes it doesnt

Back