Bugs and Errors

Discussion in 'Random Topic Center' started by onederlnd, Sep 14, 2003.

Tags:
  1. onederlnd

onederlnd Administrator Emeritus

If you expeience any errors on the board, please post the error messages here, and what you were doing when you got it. Any links to threads where it occured and whatnot would help greatly.

Thanks for helping us keep the PokeGym trouble free!

2. RainbowRichards

RainbowRichards Active Member

Does that include the ones where the site seems to be entirely unavailable, and message pops up saying an email has been dispatched to the admin (something about a database error...)??? 'cause I've gotten that several times the past couple of days - from different computers (but all from the same home LAN).

[edit]okay, I just read the announcement - sounds like I might have hit the site during the DoS...[/edit]

Last edited: Sep 14, 2003
  3. onederlnd

Yeah, actually. Just say it was the "default" error, and tell me what you were doing when you got it. I'll get the error in email soon after, so I can find out the actual error message.

All I need from youa ll really is what you were trying to do.

Note: Please do not give messages about last night. I am aware of that. It had to do with the DoS attacks, and the host shutting the servers down temporarily.

4. Dek

Dek New Member

I have a problem with some of the icons. With some of the moderators' icons, they look at little buggy and messed up. Was this from releasing the "icons that can be used by all?"

5. Orange Soda

Orange Soda New Member

If by "icon" you mean avatar, that bug occured during maintenence a few weeks ago, and some haven't re-uploaded theirs yet.

6. BJJ763

BJJ763 Trading Mod Supervisor Staff Member Trader Feedback Mod

If you're an AOL user, you will not get any notifications due to AOL's blocking of the messages. Check out this topic HERE! for more information.

7. Steven B

Steven B New Member

Occasionally i get, 'The page can not be displayed' coming up!
    Like today!

8. dkates

dkates New Member

Not sure if this is technically an error, but with this new layout, I can't see the names of who did each post.

9. Charizard19190

Charizard19190 New Member

Um, me dun think it's an error, but today, the PokeGym system's different, as in it doesn't show who POSTED THAT MESSAGE! There is a couple of other things but this is the main bomber man! [lol]

10. Orange Soda

Orange Soda New Member

If you're looking at a list of threads, the poster's name is below the topic name.

11. dkates

dkates New Member

OK, now I can see names, avatars, etc. Thanks.

12. onederlnd

The system has been upgraded, and I'm working on getting things back in order

13. onederlnd

If you see any visual errors, or pages taht don't work correctly, please PM me with the problem you found, and what page it is located on

14. Cooltrainer Aaron

Cooltrainer Aaron New Member

I'm getting a boatload down here. The Reply buttons have disappeard, the formatting buttons for text are gone. The pathway for the sites are gone, and the posting boxes are a different shape format from normal. What is going on?

15. Dek

Dek New Member

Im also getting visual errors. Im getting a lot of X-ed out boxes for what are supposed to be icons.

16. Cooltrainer Aaron

the x boxes are exactly what I'm seeing too.

17. Dek

Dek New Member

Great, now I have another problem. Now I cant reply. Either I get the "Cannot Display Window" page or I get some "Database Error" excuse. Heck, I'll be lucky if this gets through.

18. GymLeaderPhil

GymLeaderPhil New Member

The images used to represent "bold" etc. are not showing up. They are in this directory: http://www.pokegym.net/images/wpog/editor

Oh and my main purpose was to thank you for placing borders around the various tables. I was worried you were going to keep the borders off. Nice work so far with the current vbulletin update.
    -Phil

19. Cooltrainer Aaron

Phil, your link is bad. Its not moving anywhere. Says page cannot be found.

20. onederlnd

If you post about any problems, PLEASE do me the courtousy of saying more than "images are missing". This in NO way helps me. I need to know what images are missing, and where they are located.