Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Buneary, an underated set up card?

Greenmel555

Buneary - 50 HP
1 Retreat

No energy- Drawup Power
Search your deck for an Energy Card, show it to your opponent, and put it into your hand. Shuffle your deck afterward.

1 C Energy -Extended Ears
Remove 1 damage counter from each of your Benched Pokemon-10

So I was thinking he runs well in Stage 1 speed decks. He's no Furret, but he can get out a call energy and 2 basic pokemon next turn or that DRE.

The only real downside is the 1 retreat or else he would make many turn 2 decks with DRE at hand, but thats why a one tech of quick unown. (50 HP isn't a factor because its early game)

Wagers are bad...

What does everyone else think? I like it!

It's not bad, per say...

If you attach energy to Buneary T1, get a DRE and T2 retreat Buneary and attach DRE to the new stage 1! Yay!

Unfortunately, it doesn't have the flexibility of Pachirisu/Phione/Furret. However, it is always up to you what starter you use.

Be exotic!

It may not have the flexibilty of Phione and Furret, but those are rare cards that everyone tends to want. Buneary is a common card that has some decent start up value. Getting energy can be handy if your running a rainbow deck and need a certain type. It would work a bit better if there was a better Lopunny to evolve into.

I really, really, really, really, really, really should have run this in my Skarmory Prof Cup deck.

Heidi ran it and did much better!

Back