Burmy

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by brim89, Apr 12, 2008.

1. brim89

brim89 New Member

I have a question about burmy. Can i used 4 of each of the burmy since they evolve to three differnet cards or 4 if u count mothim.

2. vadrake

vadrake New Member

Burmy, Unknown, and Shellos are treated as different pokemon for their different forms. You may play 4 of each card, they do not count towards your total.

With an exception, the old Unknown are all counted as the same pokemon (pre DP).

Also, keep in mind on Burmy and Shelos, they must evolve into the proper form, Burmy plant cloak can't evolve into Wormadam Trash Cloak.

3. Magic_Umbreon

Magic_Umbreon Researching Tower Scientist, Retired

This is one of the smaller pokémon rulings I "have a problem with".

Mainly because of the new Mothim 's text, but also it's just part of the pokémon engine that just doesn't seem smooth.

My point is probably clearer illustrated in an example:

Something random like Magnemite that does +10 for each Magnemite, Magneton, Dark Magneton in play. Or something like that. Obviously, the intent of the card is to include every one of the magnet critters but of course anything new like Magneton ex or whatever isn't. I guess they could say "with magneton in its name" but it would work out better if the name was Magneton and there was just a seperate (as in not part of the name) mention of the owner, dark/light alignment, shining, whatever.