Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Califonia States The Biggest And Best State Event Now Updated With Everything!!!!

kamz

Tournament Location
The Queen Mary, 1126 Queen's Highway, Long Beach, Ca.; PH: (800) 437-2934

Cost to Enter
Tournament entry is FREE!

Registration and Start Time
Registration for Round 1 opens at 7:30 am and closes at 8:45 am

The State Championship player's meeting begins at 9:00 am

How to Sign-Up and Play
Arrive on site no later than ½ hour before the tournament start time. Thank you.

Please allow enough time to fill out your decklist prior to Registration closing — download it now (coming soon), fill it out, and bring it with you! You will need to turn in your decklist to register for the tournament. Also, please remember to bring your POP ID. Thanks.

Prizes
The top 8 finishers in each of the three age categories receive the following prizes:

1st Place

• A Pokémon TCG State Champion Medal
• A $300 travel allowance to participate in the Pokémon TCG National Championships (US & Canada); this allowance will be given on-site at the National Championships)*
• A first round bye at the National Championships
• 36 booster packs from CALL OF LEGENDS
• Pokémon POP Playmat

2nd Place

• A Pokémon TCG State 2nd Place Medal
• 16 booster packs from CALL OF LEGENDS

3rd - 4th Place

• A Pokémon TCG State 3rd/4th Place Medal
• 8 booster packs from CALL OF LEGENDS

5th - 8th Place

• 4 booster packs from CALL OF LEGENDS

* Players can win multiple travel stipends. Travel stipends must be collected by the winner of record.

Additionally, participants will receive a Pokémon TCG 2011 State Championship promo card, while supplies last, just for playing! We will also have random prize drawings throughout the day for playmats, beach balls, binders, and pencils—everyone walks away a winner (either with a cool prize or just having lots of fun)!

Side Events

Booster drafts will be offered throughout the day and will consist of single-elimination rounds—$25 entry fee; prizes = 5 boosters for 1st, 3 boosters for 2nd, and 2 boosters for 3rd-4th.

Constructed tournaments will be available and will consist of single-elimination rounds—$5 entry fee; prizes = 5 boosters for 1st, 3 boosters for 2nd, and 2 boosters for 3rd-4th.

Team side events will be offered as interest warrants. Pricing and prizes presented onsite.

Tournament Structure
Age-Modified Swiss (1 game matches), with Top 2-16 single elimination (best 2 of 3 games) in each age group.

Tournament Format
Modified Constructed

Vendors
Vendor tables for this event are $75 each per 6' table. Complete rules for being a vendor are listed here.

The following vendors will be present:

* TVN Collectibles
* PT&E

Last edited:
Um what day is it on? I know I live in LA but I have a CA friend who might come to LA to play in States.

This is a fun and great event with a lot of californians coming and all comin to have fun.
And z-man :)

This is going to be a fantastic event... but I have a few warnings. Schedule all day for this event. The entire event runs the entire day. If you live more than a 2 hour drive away... you should definitely book a room. The Queen Marry is moderately expensive... so if you don't mind a walk, you'd be better off booking a room somewhere near the Queen Marry.

Don't forget to bring your deck (trust me... this is good advice), get a lot of sleep, and be ready to play seriously. This tournament is very competitive, so bring your A game. There are MANY very good players, so don't expect a walk in the park. Top 32 will be pretty difficult to make, so don't expect to make it without serious effort. Test well in advance and expect for the worst... but hope for the best. If you want to win, play something that has good matchups. If you want to make a good record, play something that is consistent with mild matchups. Once again, test and you should be fine.

WARNING! Bring lotsa money. The rooms are expensive, the food (if you don't mind fast food) is mildly expensive, and there will be many pokemon venders (or two... two is fine) to buy overprices (or well priced... idk) stuff from.

I highly recommend run a few miles before the event. It'll get adrenaline into your system, make you not jumpy, and the place is just beautiful. Be like me... run before events :)

z-man we have top 32 i thought its top 16 for states. Also we should bring poke walker to walk around and scream poke walker, good times

^It should be 32... or at least 8 rounds 16. IDK. Remember last year... that group with the pokewalkers were dancing. They had a guitar and just made a lot of noise. Perhaps they'll be back ;D Anyways, we should bring some form of fun. Perhaps a deck of cards (or two) and some chips. Maybe get a table of players together for some fun in that respect. :)

nobody is looking forward to a +12 hour tourney...you want more rounds, show up on time and pray that tourney starts on time to get the maxium number rounds in...no one person can predict that all will run smooth - just saying!!!

Yes. Thanks Kamz for this
and the fact that I have family in LA/ Long Beach means that I don't really have to take a long
Trip back to Lancaster the same day.

Back