updated Feb. 14

CALIFORNIA STATE CHAMPIONSHIP

Sunday, March 6

Atrium Hotel, 18700 MacArthur Blvd., Irvine; Ph: 949.833.2770

Time
Registration opens at 9 am; the event begins at 10 am

Entry Fee
Free!

Pokémon TCG City Champions who wear their City Champion medal to the State Championship in the State where they won their City Championship will receive 5 POP Series 1 two-card booster packs, just for registering to play in their State Championship!

All participants receive a State Championship promo card just for entering, while supplies last.

How to Sign-up and Play
Preregister below for this great event:

coming soon on the www.ptegames.com website

Preregistered players: please come directly to Registration (you do not need to stand in line), tell us you are preregistered, and we will help you next.

If you are not preregistered, please arrive onsite no later than ½ hour before the tournament start time. We are expecting a large crowd so the earlier you arrive and register the quicker we can get the tournament started! Thank you.

Please allow enough time to fill out your decklist prior to the start of the tournament--just download it, fill it out, and bring it with you! Click here for Decklist sheet

Tournament Structure
-Age-Modified Swiss-style, with Top 2-8 single elimination in each age group
Tournament Format
-Modified (find a description of modified format HERE)

**Booster draft side events will also be offered throughout the day and will consist of single-elimination rounds—$15 entry fee; prizes = 5 boosters for 1st, 3 boosters for 2nd, and 2 boosters for 3rd-4th.

Prizes

Prizes are awarded to the top 8 players in each age category. Age categories are 10 & Under, 11-14, and 15 and up.

The top 8 finishers in each of the three age categories receive the following prizes:

1st Place

:pokeball: A Pokémon TCG State Champion Trophy
:pokeball: A $300 travel allowance to attend the Origins International Game Expo and participate in the Pokémon TCG National Championships. This award will be given on-site at the event.
:pokeball: Four-day admission to the Origins Game Expo in Columbus, Ohio*
:pokeball: 24 booster packs of Pokémon TCG: EX Deoxys
:pokeball: Other cool Pokémon Merchandise!

2nd Place

:pokeball: 16 booster packs of the Pokémon TCG: EX Deoxys

3rd & 4th Place

:pokeball: 8 booster packs of the Pokémon TCG: EX Deoxys

5th through 8th Place

:pokeball: 4 booster packs of the Pokémon TCG: EX Deoxys

*There will be a form for the Origins badge that must be mailed directly to Origins. There will be a form for the trophy plaque and the VIP badge that must be mailed to PUI. VIP badges will sent out in one big batch after Nationals. These badges will be good for prereleases, starting in August. Players can only earn one VIP badge no matter how many events they win. Anyone who does not turn in their form in time will lose their prize. The travel award will be given out at Origins. Players must attend Nationals to collect this portion of the prize.

More Questions?
If you have questions that were not answered, email us at [email protected]

Last edited:
Yay... Sunday. So I can't possible miss this one (as if anything would make me miss it anyways...)

Now to start winning those Hotel Rooms for Worlds. lol :biggrin:

Last edited:
I'll definitely be there. The PTO and Judges should be warned though of the possible MASSIVE ATTENDANCE. San Diego's CC got over 60 on the SAME DAY as one in Thousand Oaks. Not to mention Norcal's crew will be there in full force along with myself of course from "TEAM CHAD" Really i won't be suprised if we get almost 150 people this year, we had like over 100 last year.....

Nice...i've been waiting for this post!!! Now you know all the "LA" guys will be ready...and as my man chad mentioned, I too am hoping for a HUGE turnout, just makes the tourney environment that much more competitive!!! Cause CALI don't mess around...SO CALI WELCOMES ALL OUT OF STATERS, WHO'S GAME??? c'ya on the 6th, I'M OUT...

HOLLA

Jess_E

Team la rock will be there for sure this year. NO MORE SLEEPING IN LATE! like last year. :nonono:

PS: I think vegas and Arizona people should come on down and try to take it from us because we will be sure to come to ur state champion and take ur trophy, again. :wink:

PS: I'm from Team la rock a.k.a. ME, myself, and I. I'm also from Team LA and Team Magma :thumb:

Last edited:
If this date is on the same day as something else I have, I will kill someone.

But for now, I am probably coming, along with Porygon, so hope to see everyone there!

I expect 125 people for this turnout, maybe even 150. I wouldn't be suprised really. Since last year, didn't CA states get like 105?

ToysRUsKid said:
I expect 125 people for this turnout, maybe even 150. I wouldn't be suprised really. Since last year, didn't CA states get like 105?

I think it was 107 and the TMS program kept crashing!!! :mad:

125-150 huh....I think my fingers are going to be a little tired by the end of the day... :eek:

Wow 10 am on a SUNDAY? I guess i have to get up really early for this one =/ Please tell me that we are doing matchplay after swiss. I know it wasn't your guys' fault last time, but that would be terrible if states stars so late again this year. Also, if there are a lot of players in each age group we should run top 16, it worked BEAUTIFULLY at the WCSC, it was over at 9:30 despite my horridly slow playing in the finals, and we even had a lunch break. There is a trip on the line this time too, at least a $300 travel fund, that is. Most people don't mind playing very long, i realize this is on a sunday though, my question is, WHY? I don't have school the next day but i know most people do.....

Back