Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Calling all TRUE Pokegym'ers!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tia3

[EDIT] See below if this post seems either divisive or impatient. Bear with me, and please, try to understand it from MY point of view. [/EDIT]

Do any of you remember the OLD PokeGym?! The one at pokegym.thedojo.com? The one that started it all? Well, SPEAK UP LOUD AND CLEAR!! Wasn't it great, a place to talk pokemon, a place to discuss strategy, a place to be around friends, a place to write and read pokemon fiction!!!

Do any of you miss the GOOD OLE DAYS?! Do you miss Pokegym.thedojo.com, or Wizpog? Who among us are TRUE POKEGYM'ERS? who comes here, not just because it has to do with pokemon, but because we LIKE the atmosphere, because we like the PEOPLE?!

ISN'T THIS WHY YOU'RE HERE? Because of the people you met at the 'gym? to preserve the continuity of the community?! PLEASE SPEAK OUT!! LET'S MAKE THIS PLACE GREAT!!!

We have the RANDOM TOPIC CENTER! we have the VIDEO GAMES FORUM!! We have the ANIME REALM!!! WE NEED THE FICTION FORUM!!!! That's part of the pokegym, too!!!!! The writers love the gym as much as anyone else!!

WE WANT A COMPLETE 'GYM!!! GIVE US ALL THE FORUMS WE'VE LOVED SO MUCH!!!!!!

Post here and tell the admins and mods what we want!!! This is OUR community!!! We Want THE FICTION FORUM, TOO!!!

Last edited:
*raises hand*

I'll put in my vote,as an original 'Gymmer, but I won't size=7 a shout for a fic forum. IMO it's immature.

But anyways, I think that, if the other thread wouldn't convince them, this one won't, and if it did, then this one's just a waste of space. They probably have a Fic forum in the works anywho (and if not, then shame on 'em). I wouldn't know, since I'm not a mod/admin.

Wait a minute, please: the last thing I (and I'd assume the rest of this community) want to see is some kind of "us vs. them" division, with this board just over a week old!

Yes, I was at the 'old' Gym...and I saw a lot of people leave when it moved over to Wizards of the Coast. As with all communities, online or RL, change is inevitable; NOTHING is going to 'bring back' the "old 'Gym"...not the return of every 'old' member, nor the addition of a fiction forum.

I'd dare to say that a good 80% or more of the members of this incarnation of the 'Gym never were on the Psylum boards. And IMHO holding up the 'old 'Gym' as some kind of ideal of perfection and essentially telling people that if they aren't demanding a fiction forum in every post they make they aren't "true 'Gymmers" is divisive at best...and elitist at worst.

The community is still forming/re-forming; there are going to be more things added as time goes on, such as avatars, etc. Please, please be patient; we want to make this community what it's members want it to be. But suggesting that only members of the old Psylum 'Gym 'know' what the 'Gym 'should be' is wrong, as is saying those who aren't posting demands for a fiction forum are not 'true' members of the community. Personally, I'd like to see a forum in which ANY type of art can be linked/posted...graphic, poetry, music, etc....NOT just fiction.

JMHO,
'mom

Tia, if you want my honest opinion, I think you're being a WEE bit too impatient on this. Hold your horses, please.... I'd be lying if I said we weren't working on anything.

oh, i didnt mean to make a divisive or impatient post. from what ive been hearing, if we dont get people on the bandwagon, this thing wont happen.

i DO hold up the original 'gym as most ideal, just because it was great when i was there. but im not talking about only people from the old 'gym being TRUE pokegymmers. what i mean is that we're all part of a community of people. we're ALL true pokegymmers!!! and we ALL have different interests. SOme of us like the anime forum best, some the video game forum. but what about us who like FICTION best? since we're ALL part of the pokegym, since we're ALL true pokegym'ers, i think it's best to satisfy EVERYONE's needs, in the spirit of community.

I'm sorry if my message came across wrong. please forgive that, and try to see it how i meant it be be--a cry for ALL of us to ban together and make this place as great as it can possibly be!!!

Last edited:
To tell the truth, we're still sorting out where to pick up our mail and where the coffee pot is.

We haven't even started the chess tournament in the Indigo Plateau forum yet!
(By the way, is Indigo Plateau invisible to most people?)

Anyway, keep pushing for votes for the forum. We're looking for them. But also don't expect immediate action. We're only a week or so old.

Then it is NEVER really HERE then is it?
IP I mean...

Oh yeah the O' Gym ~ awesome place... BUT there is the OTHER post asking for a Fan Fic Forum no?

I know vBulletin. Forums which require certain requirements to enter (i.e. moderator status) are invisible to those who don't have permission to enter.

carrington388 said:
I know vBulletin. Forums which require certain requirements to enter (i.e. moderator status) are invisible to those who don't have permission to enter.
Thank you captain obvious.

and tia3. We understand what you want, and we are taking it into concideration... but the board is still new, under new management, give us TIME before you start your ranting and raving about adding things. Please.

you guys, im not ranting. sheesh. i just wanted a place to post fiction where it wouldnt end up on the bottom of the forum before it got read. if all thats going to happen is me getting called immature, troublesome, and a ranter, i dont think this really IS the community for me.

btw, marril... im not the only one to up my font size. check "searching for a place to call home".

Last edited:
Ok,I`m going to lock this since this is just another thread of a topic already being discussed(Don`t take this as an admonishment Tia,just doing what we do with any multiple threads on the same topic).:)

Everyone,if you want a Fanfic forum,and havent voiced your opinion yet,go and do it now in the "Searching for a place to call home" thread!

`Sensei

I'll put in my vote,as an original 'Gymmer, but I won't size=7 a shout for a fic forum. IMO it's immature.

Please,keep these kind of opinions to yourself Marril.We want the board to be a place to come and have fun.Of course,it doesn`t mean you can`t voice an opinion.Just to be a little more tactful.Thanx for your understanding.

`Sensei

We now return you to your regular scheduled thread :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back