Campfire (HP-MD)

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by Prime, May 26, 2008.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Prime

Prime Content Developer<br>Blog Admin<br>Contest Host

4 Magmar
    3 Magmortar
    1 Magmortar lv.X
    2 Delcatty PK
    2 Skitty PK
    2 Phione MD
    2 Rotom MD
    TOTAL: 16 (10 Basics, 6 Evolutions)

4 Call Energy
    14 Fire Energy
    TOTAL: 18

4 Celio's Network
    4 Roseanne's Research
    4 Felicity's Drawing
    2 Prof. Oak's Research
    4 Masterball
    3 Crystal Beach
    3 Warp Point
    2 Night Maintenance
    TOTAL: 26

So, this is another Magmortar varient, so the idea is just like every other Magmortar deck. Get out Magmortar, do good damage, win. But this deck uses Delcatty over Claydol to discard fire energy (or useless call energy) and Rotom to recycle the energy onto Magmortars. There is Phione in there too, just incase I start with it. I originally had pachirisu, but Pachirisu/Phione/Rotom was too much imho, so I replaced it with Call Energy. I would feel weird about Call Energy in other decks, and too many basics, but this deck has oodles of ways to discard stuff after they are useless, so I think it works fine.

it's a fun deck as usual from me. Just a decent idea. Any feedback is appreciated.

2. mca3

mca3 New Member

Great idea, My friend Jeremy and I were talking about Rotom and Mag last Sat at League, I think it is a Great idea!
    The deck looks Solid, I would MAYBE change to 4 quick balls, if that!

3. Prime

I thought about Quick Ball. I don't normally like that card, but in this deck, 10/16 of the pokemon are basics, and with a full bench and 4 basics (in my hand, discard or prized), Quick Ball guarantees an evolution.

I think if I did anything, I would cut the 2 Oak's Research and maybe 1 Warp Point and 1 Crystal Beach for the 4 Quick Ball.

4. charchar

charchar New Member

wow i never saw u make a deck thread. im just proud to post in here. play some scramble. 1 delcatty ex tech for superstrong heavy attacker. no beaches then i guess. unless you want beach and no scrambles but the thing is that it takes awhile to get enough damage to KO a gallade or a gardy. so tahts why u need pluspowers. look at it this way. a lot of pokemon these days have odd HP. gallade, gardy, lvl x, magmorter, delcatty, magmar, lvl. x, infernape, empoleon and ect.,

5. Prime

Ah, you don't have to feel proud. I am just like you and everyone else that posts deck ideas on this forum. My ideas are no better or worse.

I don't like the idea of a 90HP 2-prizer.

My hope is that the Crystal Beach will allow the deck the be on even ground with GG when it comes to energy acceleration.

I feel Plus Powers could be very situation in a deck like this. They could be great in certain situations and lousy in other situations (like spreading dmg with Magmortar's second attack).

Thanks for the replies!

6. edwarpy

edwarpy New Member

Rotom is friends with Unown Q, no? When there's a lull in the action Rotom gets the next Mag ready
    and gets out. Or a damaged Mag can retreat to the bench and Flame Body to health again. You must
    have a Premiere Ball or two! How about 2 Multi Energy so Tom can attack some Water Pokes?
    Poor guy is just dying to get an early knock out on Phione or put some damage on the Ice Chicken.

7. Flygon999

Flygon999 New Member

IMO, I think that Lunatone/Solrock is better than Delcatty. They're much faster and easier to get out then Delcatty. Rotom is really quick and you need something to dump energys quickly.
    If you do use Lunatone/Solrock, exchange the 4 Master Balls for 4 Great Balls. It'll be MUCH faster that way.

Or, you can exchange 4 Master Balls/Great Balls for 4 Pachirisus.

-4 Masterballs
    +3 Pachi
    +1 Tauros

-2 Fire
    +2 Scramble

-1 Crystal Beach
    +1 Windstorm

-2 Skitty
    -2 Delcatty

+2 Solrock
    +2 Lunatone

8. goldedda

goldedda New Member

i think its a really good deck, but i stoped playing mag since i thought you remove damge counters if attch it from your discard pile the enrgy but i was wrong it says only if you attch it the :fire: from your hand.

9. Prime

Flygon999, how is Lunatone/Solrock quicker than Delcatty? I mean, other than the obvious basic/stage 1 thing. Delcatty lets you draw 3 while you don't even draw a card with Lunatone if Solrock isn't in play. Even when both are out, you only draw 1. Also, that's 2 spaces on your bench that is taken up. Against any deck that ran Dusknoir, I would be limited to one magmortar in play at a time (if rotom is active to recycle energy).

It's not a bad idea, I just prefer the 3 draw of Delcatty to the maybe 1 draw from Lunatone.

10. Flygon999

Flygon999 New Member

Lunatone/Solrock is quicker cuz they're basic pokemon. And are Pachi-able.

JMO. The choice is yours.

11. Prime

Again, it's not a bad idea. All basics and 1 stage 1 would be a quick deck to setup. And it wouldn't be as hurt by Omastar/Wager. Then again, it would be hurt quite a bit by Dusknoir, which I already brought up once before. I would just hate to start with the Tone/Rock that has the fighting atk lol.

You know, I almost like the Lunatone for my Garchomp deck so I can discard evolutions OR basic energy and then rebirth them.

12. charchar

charchar New Member

not a bad idea. i never though of it like that. delcatty and claydol are both ok.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.