Can I ask on this on Dragonite EX

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by pokeprofRaymond, Feb 11, 2004.

8 league13 468 60
  1. pokeprofRaymond

pokeprofRaymond New Member

Sorry for my persistence. But I need an answer right away on this question before I go to the league on Saturday. Here is the one:

Here is Dragonite-EX attack:

(W)(L) Dragon Wave 70 Discard a (W) Energy card and a (L) Energy card attached to Dragonite ex.

Question: If there are two rainbow energy cards that can provide the :lightning and :water: energy, will these (rainbow energy cards) get discarded in order to use dragon wave?

Yuo see, my friend insisted that the rainbow energy cards will not be discarded and you still can use Dragon Wave.

Anyone outhere can give an explanation why or why not the cards to be discarded to use the attack.
    :)

2. Articjedi

Articjedi Active Member

rainbow energy counts as all energy types in play at once, so yes you discard them both.

3. PokePop

PokePop Administrator

and

Based on these rulings, you would have to discard the Rainbow Energies.

4. davechri

davechri New Member

I thought the rule was that Rainbow energy is a Rainbow Energy CARD but that the Rainbow energy card is providing (as an example) Lightning Energy. But it is NOT a Lightning Energy CARD.

5. Marriland

Marriland New Member

Straight from the compendium...

* If a card gives off Energy of any type then that card COUNTS as an Energy card of that type. This means a Buzzap'd Electrode that was chosen to give 2 Grass Energy COUNTS as a Grass Energy Card and can be Energy Transferred by Venusaur's Pokémon Power. As a further example, Energy attached to Ditto COUNTS as all basic Energy types at once. So any Energy type attached to Ditto could ALSO be Energy Transferred by Venusaur's Pokémon Power. (Mar 30 WotC Chat)

Yup, yup.

6. PokePop

PokePop Administrator

It's a Lightning Energy card, but not a BASIC Lightning energy card.

Unless the text specifies that it's talking about a "Basic Energy card", Rainbow counts as it.