Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Can you go to more than one state championship?

Status
Not open for further replies.
All State championships are open to all players so there should be no reason why you cant attend more then one as long as they are on different days.

I am pretty sure you can. I went to two CC's and won both (well only one, but I still had the best record. [I droped out so someone else could win.] ). You don't get the prizes though,if you win.

regice froze you said:
I am pretty sure you can. I went to two CC's and won both (well only one, but I still had the best record. [I droped out so someone else could win.] ). You don't get the prizes though,if you win.

First, to answer the question about States; Yes, you can play in as many State Championship Events as you wish to attend. Though it would be nice if we could have people play only in their home States, it really isn't feasible or enforceable, so, go for it!

Secondly, if you play in an event and win, you should get the prizes, period. If you attended a second City Championship Tournament and won, and were told you couldn't collect on the prizes, you need to let me know who the organizer of that event was so that I can speak with them.

The only types of prizes we prohibit receiving in multiples are Byes, Invitations and Travel Awards. All other prizes, including Titles (such as City or State Champion) should be awarded to the winner of the tournament, regardless.

Professor Dav

Oh, and the CC award at States - that prize is only awarded for the State where the CC was held, if that wasn't obvious.

And Dave can overrule me, freely, on this. :)

Professor Dav said:
Secondly, if you play in an event and win, you should get the prizes, period. If you attended a second City Championship Tournament and won, and were told you couldn't collect on the prizes, you need to let me know who the organizer of that event was so that I can speak with them.

He voluntarily dropped out before the last round as he already won a CC, felt someone else should win, and proved what he had set out to do. While he could have played the last round, he probably would have just conceeded the match and so whoever faced him would be the CC champ. Instead he dropped so that others could battle it out for first.

Oh and since he won a MA CC, but is from RI, he is looking forward to playing in both. And CT. And hopefully NH.

Last edited:
regice froze you said:
You don't get the prizes though,if you win.

I'm pretty sure this refers to the fact that one player cannot receive two VIP packages if they win 1st Place in two CC Tournaments - clearly they will receive the locally-awarded prizes (Medal & Booster box) at both...

[edit]

mtjimmer said:
Oh, and the CC award at States - that prize is only awarded for the State where the CC was held, if that wasn't obvious.

So from this it sounds like every State Championship venue will receive exactly the amount of CC VIP Packages corresponding to the number of City Championship tournaments that were held state-wide. (e.g., Maryland SC will receive 6 VIP packages since there were two CCs in MD)All winners, even if residents of other states, will have to travel there to receive these packages. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, how will it be decided (in the situations - which DO exist - where 1 player won more than one CC) which State Championship location the winner of multiple CCs will (and will not) receive their VIP package? I mean, how will we ensure such winners don't simply go to both locations and pick up both VIP packages?

[/edit]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back