Canada gets 3 more invites to worlds at nationals!!!

Discussion in 'TCG News & Gossip Discussion' started by pokemonmike, Nov 5, 2007.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pokemonmike

pokemonmike Active Member

I was chatting with our PTO tonight and he told me some very good news! He told me we now have 2 invites per age group with travel reward rather than 1 which was the original number for this year! This is a definate bonus for all Canadian players.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2007
  2. JandPDS

JandPDS New Member

Yea I agree I thought that was good news when I read it a month ago. This years worlds is going to be a lot bigger then last years. I believe only your National Champions get the trips. The other three just get invites to Orlando to play in Worlds. Also all score ranking qualifiers get invites but no trips this year. I think it is a good thing to have invites without trips that way more people get to participate in worlds.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2007
  3. Krucifier

Krucifier New Member

Is your LD paying for the trips? If so, lucky Canada. :D

4. JandPDS

JandPDS New Member

Posted by TcgPlayer2006 on 10/3/2007

Rating Invites for the 2007-2008 season Updated 4 October!!!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well i searched all the www.go-pokemon.com page and i founded this:

The premier Organized Play event of 2008 takes place on August 15th-17th. The extravaganza will host top players from around the world competing for the title of Pokémon World Champion, and for scholarships worth up to $7,500. Click the following links to find important information related to the 2008 World Championships.

The 2008 World Championships will be held at the Hilton Hotel at the Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando, Florida. It is sure to be a memorable event.
    How do I get to Worlds?

Pokémon Organized Play will be awarding invitations to the 2008 Pokémon TCG World Championships in a variety of ways. The list below breaks down how invitations will be distributed over the course of the 2007–2008 tournament season.

National Championships

Junior Senior Masters
    Argentina 2 2 2
    Australia 2 2 2
    Austria 2 2 2
    Belgium/Luxembourg 2 2 2
    Brazil 2 2 2
    Canada 4 4 4
    Chile 2 2 2
    Czech Republic 2 2 2
    Denmark 2 2 2
    Finland 3 3 3
    France 4 4 4
    Germany 4 4 4
    Italy 4 4 4
    Japan 5 5 5
    Malaysia 2 2 2
    Malta 2 2 2
    Mexico 4 4 4
    Netherlands 4 4 4
    New Zealand 2 2 2
    Norway 4 4 4
    Philippines 2 2 2
    Portugal 2 2 2
    Singapore 2 2 2
    Slovenia 2 2 2
    Spain 2 2 2
    South Africa 2 2 2
    Sweden 2 2 2
    Switzerland 2 2 2
    United Kingdom 3 3 3
    United States 8 8 8

Premier Ratings
    Junior Senior Masters
    Ratings APAC Zone 4 4 4
    Ratings LA Zone 2 2 2
    Ratings NA Zone 25 25 25
    Ratings EU Zone 20 20 20

Last Chance Qualifier
    Junior Senior Masters
    Guaranteed Invites 4 4 4

Invitations with POP-sponsored Travel Awards will be given to:

* The top 4 finishers in each age division from the 2007 World Championships
    * The 2008 National Champion in each age division for the countries listed below

Australia Malaysia
    Belgium/Luxembourg Mexico
    Brazil Netherlands
    Canada Norway
    Chile Philippines
    Czech Republic Portugal
    Denmark Singapore
    Finland Spain
    France Sweden
    Germany Switzerland
    Italy United Kingdom
    Japan USA (Top 4)

Invitations without POP-sponsored Travel Awards will be given to:

* The 2008 National Champion in each age division for the countries listed below

Austria Argentina
    New Zealand Malta
    South Africa Slovenia

* All other qualifying players from the 2008 National Championships in each age division, as defined in the table above
    * Players qualifying through the 2007–2008 Premier Ratings
    * Players qualifying through the 2008 Last Chance Qualifier

Players outside of North America are encouraged to ask their local Organized Play provider if they will be sponsoring Travel Awards for qualified players who did not receive a POP-sponsored Travel Award.

I am from Argentina and all our players did good job last worlds, i don`t know why OP don`t give to us 3 or 4 invitation by premier ranking for each category. South America don`t buy a lot of boxes to USA??
    Or we must win a World Championship to have more trips?? Seeya everybody!

5. dogma

dogma New Member

Does that mean people who qualify via ratings don't get travel awards? Was it like that last year? That document was a little confusing...

6. NoPoke

NoPoke New Member

Ratings invites are just that invites. No travel award for any rating based invites this year. Outside USA/Canada/Mexico the Local Distributor/OP provider can add travel awards if they wish.

If the original post is correct then POP have decided to increase the original single travel award for Canada to two travel awards. It needs confirmation from POP.

7. You alredey have 4 invites. But in your post you alredy have 1 invite but are getting one more, do you mean you are geting another trip?

@ Person from Argentina- Invites are not given out based on how well your country did at worlds.

8. Pokemonpat

Pokemonpat New Member

:smile:thanks POP,:biggrin:
    we really do appreciate it

9. rhodesia123

rhodesia123 New Member

3 fewer invites for the grinder folk :p

10. Nu Gundam

Nu Gundam New Member

We already have 4 invites per age division for Worlds in 08, do you mean that the Top 2 will get paid trips? :tongue: While this is nice, I hope that Canada will get its own ratings invites since I think it will be hard for anyone in Canada to actually have a rating high enough for one save for Kant :rolleyes:

11. JandPDS

JandPDS New Member

Plenty of Grinder spots in Orlando

Trust me with invites without trips being given out I am sure that there will be a lot more spots in the Grinder for worlds this year then last. Masters just got 6 in from the grinder I am sure that will at least double to 12 next year.

12. pokemonmike

pokemonmike Active Member

I the way it was ecplained to me is 2 payed invites for each age group at Nationals.

13. spoinkmaster

spoinkmaster New Member

It could be that it costs more Argentine to Orlando round trip than it does "Insert State" to Orlando... Hm... =\

14. NoPoke

NoPoke New Member

15. Lord Broly

Lord Broly New Member

Ok so it's 2 Invites and 2 Trips for T4 in each age category, correct?

Also does anyone know where Nationals is going to be held this year?
    Is it going to be in Toronto again or in Western Canada?

16. Docfrost

Docfrost New Member

Top 4 get invites in each age category. Top 2 get money to go as well in each age category.

17. Nu Gundam

Nu Gundam New Member

According to my PTO, it appears that the Canadian Nationals will be in Vancouver next year :frown:

18. Pokemonpat

Pokemonpat New Member

You bet it is and that's great:biggrin:
    It's about time it's on the west coast.
    Only fair, since it's been held back east in TO for like forever.

19. JandPDS

JandPDS New Member

Are there going to any side events for non-Canadians?

As Canadian Nationals are going to be closer to my house then My regional championship will be this year, I would love to stop by and check it out as I have never been to a Pokemon National Championship Tournament before.
    As I realize that Participation will be limited to only Canadians, I was wondering if there would be any side events going on during the Nationals for players who can not participate in the main event? (Like at worlds they have Constructed Tournaments, league and booster drafts going on at the same time as the main event.)

20. Rambo1000

Rambo1000 New Member

so now kant gets a trip even if he gets donked?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.