Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Card Organization

BoDragon

I am trying to figure out how to organize my Expedition on cards.

Pokémon
  • Option #1: Original Pokédex # (starting @ 252)
  • Option #2: Hoenn Pokédex #
  • Option #3: set
    • Pokémon ex
    • Energy type
    • Alphabetical order, card identification # (e.g. A-01, B-01), evolution lines
Trainers
  • Supporter
  • Tool
Energy
  • Special
Does anyone have any recommendations or preferences?

Last edited:
I organize mine by set and from there by type. I've found that's the easiest way to track down a specific card. If they know among which few sets a card they're looking for is I can search through just those sets type blocks rather than a big type clump.

Last edited:
Really depends upon who your intended audience the cards are for:

For trading:

Card set first. People usually know what set the card is from they are looking for.
Next card number. This puts Holos first, Rares, Uncommons, commons, Trainers, Special Energy and Basic energy. Usually puts it in alphabetical order within rarity (Sky's Relic Hunter anyone?).

For deck building:

We keep our secret stash seperated into two piles - one Pokémon and the other Trainers and Special Energy. Pokémon are kept in alphabetical order and usually oldest set to newest (R&S Ralts come before SS Ralts) and then by card number number (like the 3 R&S Ralts). RH of any version are last. Trainers are also in alphabetical order with RH versions being last. Mixing of sets is ok as reprint are played according to latest text so no need to seperate by set. Special Energy cards are in alphabetical order with RH versions coming last. Also RH Basic energy cards can go here too.

Ever since like 1999-2000, I've just organized by set and card number. Base set first, then Jungle, etc. Each set starts with #1 and goes through the end. This works for me because I know what's in what set (and consequently, what's in which of my 4 binders). If you're solely into making decks, going by type is not a bad idea, and prolly one of the better ones. If you're a collector, just put all the rares in binder(s) and everything else in a box or 6.

Unless I change my mind, which I doubt I will, I put up to 4 of each card in each slot in set and card order.
My huge white binder goes from Base-Gym2 +WotC Promos...
The green binder is Neo1-4...
The red binder with Ash, Misty, Brock, and Pikachu is E1-E3...
The blue binder is EX1 and EX2 as of right now...
And the box and stacks of cards that are lying around my room are Basic Energy and just cards that I have more than 4 of each.

I actually have my Expedition on cards organized in a binder. (Cards before that aren't nearly as organized) ;)
I go
1st: Type (Grass, Fire, Water, Electric, Fighting, Psychic, Colorless, Dark & Metal, Trainers)
2nd: Set (Expedition, Aquapolis, Skyridge, R/S, Sandstorm)
3rd: ID # Old then new pokedex

I do this with looking through cards for decks in mind.
Oh and they of course are organized by evolution lines even if that breaks the ID # order. (Scyther 123 to Scizor 212)

I keep a lot of cards in decks. There's one for every theme deck I ever bought, and then one other deck I made from scratch, with mostly cards I got at the Sandstorm prerelease. That accounts for probably about half my collection or more.

The entirety of the rest is in two zipper binders, sorted first by type, then by family (with families that contain holos or reverse holos towards the front of that particular type, except for Holo Energy cards and trainers), and within each family cards are arranged by evolutionary order, and different cards of the same Pokemon are sorted at my whim.

The best way to organize cards if you are a player is to organize by type and then by evolution by dating the old pokedex whenever possible. Organize trainers by their subnames (supporter, stadium, fossil pokemon, tms)

Back