Cards that grab Fossils?

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by PojosamaWannabe, Apr 17, 2008.

8 league13 468 60
  1. PojosamaWannabe

PojosamaWannabe New Member

Are there any cards in the current format that can search for a fossil in the way Celios/Roseannes/Great Ball/Other Balls search for pokes?

2. KAZUTO!!!

KAZUTO!!! New Member

Relicanth, Fossil Excavater, and Holon Fossil.

3. afstandopleren

afstandopleren New Member

I think that even Girafarig can grab Fossils since they don't count as Pokemon yet.

4. plebeianprint

plebeianprint New Member

the supporter card fossil excavator is what you're looking for. it will let you grab any card with fossil in its name out of the deck or discard pile.

5. afstandopleren

afstandopleren New Member

Well, it's a bit different.

Not only does it let you fetch the Fossil Trainers from your deck and discard pile, it also let's you search for any card that is anywhere in the fossil's evolution line.

This way, you can even grab Rampardos or whatever.

6. Diaz

Diaz New Member

I think I know why you're looking for fossil grabbers. Our Regionals game must have had an impact. XP

7. Black Mamba

Black Mamba New Member

Holon fossil is the best one, really, which is pretty sad. :( Relicanth and fossil excavator are lame.

8. mrdraz07

mrdraz07 New Member

Holon Fossil is AMAZING. It's going to make the new Fossil deck playable. Mark my words.

9. Bolt

Bolt New Member

I played Omastar at States, I invented it :(

10. Luxatos

Luxatos <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showpost.php?p=

MD Omanyte and Kabuto will be able to search for fossils on a coin flip. But yeah... Fossil Excavator and Holon Fossil are also good at that. Relicanth searches for 3 fossils, and you could also use a Pokemon that can find any trainer (including fossils). Like Mawile. I personally use Sableye in my Armaldo deck, since I run a lot of balls and Pokedex, and even Energy Search, along with the Holon/Claw Fossils.