Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Carrington388's CaC Contest--"The Apprentice" Style

Carrington388

I will need 10-18 players, experience level does not matter at all, to enter this contest that will play a lot like the TV show "The Apprentice". You will sign up to be on one of two teams, your pick. Each round will have a different theme. After each round, I'll judge each group, and the group with the worse cards overall will go to the boardroom, where one member of the losing team will be eliminated. If, at any time, one team would have two members more than another, the team with the extra members will have to send someone to the other team to even up the numbers. Each round will have the same basic rubric, with some variations in each round.

Here's the basic rubric. It dates all the way back to Wizards, back to dkates's contests.

Name--3 points.
Picture--3 points.
Type(s)--5 points.
HP--5 points.
Weakness/Resistance--5 points.
Retreat Cost--5 points.
Pokemon Power/Attacks--30 points. No more than three per card.
Rarity--3 points.
Explanations--8 points. May sound harsh, but it helps to explain not only how the card works, but why mechanics are what they are.
Strategy--8 points.
Basic Rubric Total--75 points.

The list of 18:

Hired:
LorakLucan (Champion)

Fired:
shiny squirtle (18th Place)
MonsterOfTheLake (17th Place)
BEX (16th Place)
sdrawkcab (15th Place)
Cardzmaster2004 (14th Place)
Dragonitegirl07 (12th Place)
NidoPrince (11th Place)
Burninating_Torchic (9th Place)
Ancient Pokemon Trainer (8th Place)
ZoraJolteon (7th Place)
dragonspy900 (5th Place)
Sunflorazumarill (4th Place)
DragonSol (3rd Place)
Scribble (Runner-Up)

Withdrew:
DragonairMaster8 (13th Place)
Metal Master (10th Place)

Released:
lunatone_solrock (6th Place)

Last edited:
sign me up for team grass

do we work as a team on the card?
can we make up pokemon or just make already existing ones

Last edited:
Put me under Team Fire! BTW, can the cards be pictures too? I don't expect any bonus points, just find it easier.

No, each person makes their own card. The average of the scores for the team will decide who goes to the boardroom.

Image fakes are allowed pending I can load it easily. If I can't load it easily, I'll PM you and ask for either text or a different web location.

Last edited:
and the group with the worse cards overall will go to the boardroom, where one member of the losing team will be eliminated.

Erm, I don't understand. Do you mean "go to the boardroom" as make a seperate topic in the RTC and vote one person off?

Oh, and sign me under Team Grass.

Last edited:
Back