Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Castaway and NO tools in the deck?

Mew*

I wanted to add some Castaway to my deck (R-Gon) to boost consistency. However, I don't have room to add any tools! I wanted to hear various opinions on whether or not Castaway is a good choice for a deck not playing Tools. Has anybody tested it with and without tool cards! Please discuss (give reasons)! Thanks!

I wanted to add some Castaway to my deck (R-Gon) to boost consistency. However, I don't have room to add any tools! I wanted to hear various opinions on whether or not Castaway is a good choice for a deck not playing Tools. Has anybody tested it with and without tool cards! Please discuss (give reasons)! Thanks!

I play Castaway with My R-gon deck. I have like 3 in mine with 3 tools. You need tools cause I been runing in to sitution where you need an extra 10 damage or other. There are times where R-gon doesnt get energy at all or when you need more.

So I say Yes use Castaway with R-Gon only if you are playing Tools. It speed it up and keep up with new decks

Sometimes you do need that 1 energy to attack that turn and you would like to get another draw/search trainer. Stones gets you 2 energy, but no supporter. Scott gets you stadiums and supporters, but no energy. Straight draw yields a mystery. I can certainly justify a Castaway in a deck w/o tools bc it does multiple things. But, as others have pointed out....you ought to be able find room for at least 1 tool.

Keith

I guess I'll have to add one strength charm then. I don't really like Buffer Piece because it reminds me of Potion and Crystal Shard wont help me because R-Gon already plays multiple types, and colorless is not a common weakness and psychic is not a heavily used resistance.

Crystal Shard is better in a deck like Mario, with only one type.

Thanks for the suggestions!

^ But you played the Holon Engine (I should hope :lol:) to get things set up. Castaway wasn't needed back then. Now it is becoming the new standard.

I guess I'll have to add one strength charm then. I don't really like Buffer Piece because it reminds me of Potion and Crystal Shard wont help me because R-Gon already plays multiple types, and colorless is not a common weakness and psychic is not a heavily used resistance.

Crystal Shard is better in a deck like Mario, with only one type.

Thanks for the suggestions!

I imagine that you play Lake Bounday, if so, I would put at least one Crystal Shard, if Garchop i splayed in your area.

^ Well I've actually never seen a single Garchomp in a tournament, just a bunch of red face paint decks, Mario, Blissey, and a couple Electivere. That will be taken into consideration if that guy becomes more popular. Mainly Mario and Blissey are my threats and there really isn't any great tool to stop them, but lake boundary is nice to lay down the hurting for the Machamps. I was also considering playing a single Stadium plus a Scott engine, but the best part about Castaway that is the most helpful to me is the energy that it provides. I can't even say how useful that feature is.

I guess I'll just add one strenght charm since there aren't a whole lot of choices for tools. So it sounds like the answer to my question was that Castaway works best with at least one tool. Decks without PokemonPowers should definitely play 3 Cessation Crystal as long as they play Castaways.

Back