Cess Crystal and your powers

Discussion in 'Ask the Rules Team' started by Yarac, Aug 6, 2008.

8 league13 468 60
  1. Yarac

Yarac New Member

Can you clarify the following compendium ruling:

Q. If you have Cessation Crystal attached to an Eevee, and evolve it to an -EX evolution with a Poké-POWER that activates when it comes into play (i.e. Flareon-EX with "Evolutionary Flame), can you use that power?
    A. Since these actions both happen at the same time, it would be player's choice to resolve it in the order that they want. (Apr 19, 2007 PUI Rules Team)

Can I generalize this ruling to include all pokemon with powers that activate when they're played from the hand? For example, if my Lucario has a cess crystal attached and I play Lucario LvX from my hand to level up could I choose to invoke Stance? Or if my Bayleef has a cess crystal attached and I play Meganium (delta) from my hand to evolve could I choose to do Evolutionary Call?

It just sounds too good to be true - I get to use my powers, but my opponent doesn't...

2. PokePop

PokePop Administrator

We added a clarification to that ruling.
    The part that you are missing is that attaching the Flareon ex causes the Cessation Crystal to be discarded.

So, your opponent is going to be able to use their Powers.
    THe only question was if you got to use your own or if the use of Flareon ex's Power was lost before the Cess got discarded.