Charizard ex?

Discussion in 'TCG News & Gossip Discussion' started by Scyther_trainer, Feb 16, 2004.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scyther_trainer

Scyther_trainer New Member

I saw this picture on www.pokemonzeo.com:

Charizard ex

See that attack?

:fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: ??? Name 200
    <Some effect>

:eek:

There's also a Venusaur ex and a Blastoise ex.

I've gotta find out what they do. Does anyone know?

2. GOROY

GOROY New Member

They look awesome, but they don't come out until March in Japan, I think.
    Most likely not going to get raindance from Blastoise but who knows... ;)

3. Dro~

Dro~ New Member

Wow, 200... That's basically a ohko to anything. Blaziken can probably charge it up quickly. Can you guys see its hp? It's hard to see.

4. GodTrainer

GodTrainer Member

well from what i can tell about the cards, they all have there original powers (or close to them) the charizard looks to either have 150 or 200 hp (my guess is 200) the venisaur has 2 attacks, the blastoise has one, they both have 150 hp, and the blastoise attack looks to be 80 for 4 and either flip for paralasis or cant use the attack next turn (i dont know which). The venisaur looks to be 3 for 50 and auto poison, and 4 for either 70 or 80 (if it is 4 for 80 then i think the blastiose has the paralsis effect instead of the "cant use next turn effect"

but deffentily COOL cards, can wait to get them!! :D :D

5. djsides29

djsides29 New Member

I think the Charizard EX has 160hp and the Venusaur and Blastoise EX have 150 hp. On www.pokemon-card.com you can get a pretty good look at them.

6. The Echidna

The Echidna New Member

they're all part of three new half decks being released on march 19th

from what i can see the cards are....

charizard ex
    160HP

pokebody - 'unknown effect, but it involves [R]'
    [*][*][*] - 'slash' - (50)
    [R][R][R][R][R] - -'unknown effect' - (200)

----------

venusaur ex
    150HP

pokepower - 'unknown effect'
    [G][*][*] - 'unknown effect, possibly poison' - (30)
    [G][G][G][*][*] - 'solarbeam' - (90)

----------

blastiose ex
    150HP

pokepower - 'unknown effect, but involves [W]'
    [W][W][W][*] - 'unknown effect' - (60)

7. Scyther_trainer

Thanks Ech! :D

I anticipate a complete translation of what that Blastoise does.

I'm guessing it'd be something more powerful than Swampert's 'Water Call' power, but I hope nothing as broken as Raindance.

Even on an EX, I think that power would be too much.

8. GodTrainer

GodTrainer Member

well most of the EX's are just the OG's on crack! so im guessing that it IS the raindance power! remember nintendo didnt like blastiose and even put him on there ban list, but maybe now that it is an EX pokemon, they wouldnt mine giving him his power back, as long as it is an ex (GOD i hope its raindance!!) :D :D

9. Scyther_trainer

Well, if they brought wiggly back..... :rolleyes:

10. pokeprofRaymond

pokeprofRaymond New Member

I believe Charizard EX's 200 damage attack will discarding 2 or maybe 3 energy cards. The similar effect on Fire Spin (Now meaner :D ). Anyway translations anyone? :)

11. BoDragon

BoDragon Member

Do we know anything about Meganium ex and Feraligatr ex yet?

12. LittlePichu

LittlePichu New Member

OOO!!! CHARIZARD EX!!! I WANT IT!!! :D
    Yeah I know it might not be a good card to play...when it comes on in English ...BUT
    I love Charizards...and Another this to try to get for my Charizard Collection :D ...I Can't Wait

13. vincent0906

vincent0906 New Member

Venusaur ex G-Type 150HP
    [Poke-Power][Energy Trans]
    As often as you like during your turn, you can move 1 [G] energy from one of your Pokemon in play to another.
    [ G C C ] [Dangerous Pollen] 20
    The Defending pkmn is now poisoned, burned and confused.
    [G G G C C] [Solar Beam] 90
    Weakness: Fire and Psychic
    Retreat Cost: C C C

Charizard ex Fire-Type 160HP
    [poke-body][Energy Flame]
    Each Energy attached to this pkmn provide [R] instead of their original type.
    [C C C][Slash] 50
    [R R R R R][Burn out] 200
    Discard 5 [R] energy cards attached to Charizard-ex. This attack don't apply weakness, resistance and all effect on the defending pokemon.
    Weakness:water and lighting
    Retreat Cost:C C

Blastoise-ex Water-type 150HP
    [Poke-Power][Energy Rain]
    As often as you like during your turn, choose 1 Water energy card from your hand, and attach it to 1 of your pokemon in play, then does 10 damage to that pokemon.
    [W W W C][Destructive Whirlpool] 80
    Filp the coin until get tails, discard number of energy cards attached to the defending pokemon that equals to number of heads. (This attack I not really sure because the Scans are not that clear.)

Enjoy~

14. pokeprofRaymond

pokeprofRaymond New Member

Thanks man!!!!

Venusaur EX is quite efficient especially the attack that automatically give three special conditions. It is quite a pump-up version of the base set. :)

Charizard EX is also a pump-up version of the base set. The body is the same as energy burn but now more efficient. A straight 50 damage and...well the disacarding 5 Fire ENERGY cards maybe the waterloo of this attack but 200 damage is overpowered for 5 fire energy IMO. It is also retreatable for **.

Blastoise EX is also good its second is OK for the energy requirement. The power is the same as raindance :cool:. But for those who wish for may have a problem because of its backfire :p.

15. Planteon

Planteon New Member

Sorry to spoil the festive spirit, but this is something i fear will ultimately kill the game...

INFLATION!

Would you all get excited if the card looked like this:

Charizard ex Fire-Type 1000HP
    [poke-body][EternalFlame]
    Each Energy attached to this pokémon provide [RR] instead of their original type.
    [C C][Slash] 500
    [R R R R][Burn out] 2000
    Discard 1 [R] energy cards attached to Charizard-ex. This attack don't apply weakness, resistance and all effect on the defending pokemon.
    Weakness:water and lighting
    Retreat Cost:C

I would kill off everything, so it would be cool, huh? :mad:

16. GodTrainer

GodTrainer Member

first of all, there EX's you need to start understainding that all these "inflated cards" are EX'S!!! there worth 2 prizes!!! charizard is just 2 ninetales stuck toghter and with 1 more nrg to discard (ninetales discarded 1 for 80, he does 5 for 200), ok second, the old charizard from expedition (and some what base set) could OHKO ANY of the normal pokemon (and still can) so why not make the EX charizard just as powerfull when compared to EX's (the EX charizard kill any thing, including all ex's)

o yea and as far as your 1000hp charizard, ill face that ANYday of the week, as long as if i kill it i win the game...period

make it a Charizard EXEX or something :D :D

17. Scyther_trainer

Yeah, I'm concerned about this problem with "This card is too powerful so let's make a card even more powerful to counter it!" So yeah, I think the Charizard ex is a bit much, but just like in Base Set, the Blastoise ex will destroy it in one shot. But why didn't they make the Blastoise ex weak to grass to complete the cycle?

I like how they balanced the Raindance power. Only time will tell if they balanced it enough.

The Venusaur ex has the Energy-trans power, just like the old one, but the Sceptile from R&S does the same thing.

Anyway, Thanks Vincent0906!

18. Planteon

Planteon New Member

Um, and that sounds like a card came I don't want to play. I actually like playing a game where you need to knock out your opponent six times, even if the HP:s are all below 100...

19. NoPoke

NoPoke New Member

Inflation is already here Planteon :(.. The Blastoise EX looks like the most troubling card of the three. Turn two 80 damage is lethal to all the normal basic and stage 1 pokemon I can think of. :(

We no longer have Pokémon but EXémon!

[edit could be worse we could have EXe-FOILémon..... oops)

Last edited: Feb 17, 2004
  20. bullados

bullados <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?

They did balance it, but they also made it more powerful (raindance). Notice that it can now combo with Charizard (any) because it can attach the water to ANY Pokemon, and not just Water types. This makes it more powerful than the original, even with the damage counter, which can be relatively easily negated. (plz bring back healing...)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.